‘True Blood’ Season 7 Goes Back to Original Promise, Sookie and Bill
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 29, 2014 12:04 PM EST
HBO's popular vampire drama series, "True Blood," will return in less than a month's time for its swan-song season. The trailer and posters of the Season 7 indicate that the final ten-episodes are not for the weak-hearted. There is the mark of blood on each six minimalist posters released on Facebook. Meanwhile, Brian Bucker, executive producer of "True Blood," has revealed that the final season will be tracing its steps back to the original promise, which is Bill and Sookie.
"In the final season, we're telling a more personal story," Buckner said to TV Guide Magazine. "We're going back to the original promise of the show: Bill and Sookie. People are going to be very surprised about the way we get there. There's romance, sadness and resolution."
There is bloodbath in the premiere episode of the final season. Buckner has warned that no one is safe. "Fans can expect a bloody barbecue with consequences in the season premiere. Nobody's safe," he said.
Since Bill and Sookie are the original promise, it looks like Alcide and Sookie's relationship is not the real deal despite Joe Manganiello, who plays Alcide, saying that "no matter where Sookie was, Alcide came running."
"He's [Alcide] a good, solid choice. But nobody stays happy for long in Bon Temps," Buckner said to TV Guide. And, Anna Paquin, who plays Sookie, has said that the stakes are "the highest" they have ever seen in the show. She said to TV Guide that her character lands in a situation and to get out of that situation, Sookie needs help.
The fans can expect to see steamy, sex scenes and according to TV Guide, there will be no scarcity of such scenes. Bucker said, "There's a profound lack of clothing."
"True Blood" Season 7, the final season, is scheduled to premiere on June 22, 2014. Stephen Moyer has directed the premiere episode, which is titled "Jesus Gonna Be Here." The one-line synopsis of the episode says that a "band of rogue H-vamps attacks Bon Temps."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko