Rory McIlroy Thinks the Most Ideal Way to Break Up With Caroline Wozniacki is Through a Three-Minute Call
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 29, 2014 11:46 AM EST
Rory McIlroy reportedly chose to end his relationship with Caroline Wozniacki over the phone. It only took three minutes for McIlroy to break up with Wozniacki. Do you think it is acceptable to end a relationship over the phone?
File photo of McIlroy of Northern Ireland and his girlfriend, tennis player Wozniacki of Denmark, during the annual Masters Par 3 Contest in Augusta
According to The Times, McIlroy made a quick phone call that only lasted three minutes to Wozniacki. He called just to tell the tennis athlete that he was breaking up with her and calling off their five-month-long engagement.
"Caroline Wozniacki played tennis in a lovely old arena at Roland Garros yesterday but would rather have been in Belfast, asking Rory McIlroy to his face why he left her this way," wrote the Web site.
"Except that the last time he called, less than a day after telling her how much he loved her, it was a three-minute conversation she thought was a joke."
In a news article published by the Daily Mail, it has been claimed that McIlroy made the announcement after he talked to Wozniacki. McIlroy said in his statement that Wozniacki was never to blame for their break up and that the problem was all his. McIlroy said that he realised that he wasn't ready for such a big commitment after their invitations went out. Nonetheless, McIlroy revealed, in an interview prior the BMW PGA tournament that he eventually won, that their separation was "mutual and amicable."
Here are some parts from McIlroy's public announcement about his breakup with the tennis athlete as reported by the British webloid.
"The problem is mine. The wedding invitations issued at the weekend made me realize that I wasn't ready for all that marriage entails. I wish Caroline all the happiness she deserves and thank her for the great times we've had."
McIlroy showed that he will certainly not be affected by having a scuttled relationship. He displayed an commendable and striking win at the BMW PGA Championship Tournament. European Ryde Cup captain Paul Ginley was pleased with McIlroy's performance and even compared that Northern Irish golfer to Tiger Woods, CBS Sports reported.
"We are seeing a more mature Rory," said Ginley. "We are seeing a Rory who is able to dig when things aren't going well and still churn out a top-10 finish," Ginley added.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date