Rory McIlroy Thinks the Most Ideal Way to Break Up With Caroline Wozniacki is Through a Three-Minute Call
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 29, 2014 11:46 AM EST
Rory McIlroy reportedly chose to end his relationship with Caroline Wozniacki over the phone. It only took three minutes for McIlroy to break up with Wozniacki. Do you think it is acceptable to end a relationship over the phone?
File photo of McIlroy of Northern Ireland and his girlfriend, tennis player Wozniacki of Denmark, during the annual Masters Par 3 Contest in Augusta
According to The Times, McIlroy made a quick phone call that only lasted three minutes to Wozniacki. He called just to tell the tennis athlete that he was breaking up with her and calling off their five-month-long engagement.
"Caroline Wozniacki played tennis in a lovely old arena at Roland Garros yesterday but would rather have been in Belfast, asking Rory McIlroy to his face why he left her this way," wrote the Web site.
"Except that the last time he called, less than a day after telling her how much he loved her, it was a three-minute conversation she thought was a joke."
In a news article published by the Daily Mail, it has been claimed that McIlroy made the announcement after he talked to Wozniacki. McIlroy said in his statement that Wozniacki was never to blame for their break up and that the problem was all his. McIlroy said that he realised that he wasn't ready for such a big commitment after their invitations went out. Nonetheless, McIlroy revealed, in an interview prior the BMW PGA tournament that he eventually won, that their separation was "mutual and amicable."
Here are some parts from McIlroy's public announcement about his breakup with the tennis athlete as reported by the British webloid.
"The problem is mine. The wedding invitations issued at the weekend made me realize that I wasn't ready for all that marriage entails. I wish Caroline all the happiness she deserves and thank her for the great times we've had."
McIlroy showed that he will certainly not be affected by having a scuttled relationship. He displayed an commendable and striking win at the BMW PGA Championship Tournament. European Ryde Cup captain Paul Ginley was pleased with McIlroy's performance and even compared that Northern Irish golfer to Tiger Woods, CBS Sports reported.
"We are seeing a more mature Rory," said Ginley. "We are seeing a Rory who is able to dig when things aren't going well and still churn out a top-10 finish," Ginley added.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]