Rory McIlroy Thinks the Most Ideal Way to Break Up With Caroline Wozniacki is Through a Three-Minute Call
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 29, 2014 11:46 AM EST
Rory McIlroy reportedly chose to end his relationship with Caroline Wozniacki over the phone. It only took three minutes for McIlroy to break up with Wozniacki. Do you think it is acceptable to end a relationship over the phone?
File photo of McIlroy of Northern Ireland and his girlfriend, tennis player Wozniacki of Denmark, during the annual Masters Par 3 Contest in Augusta
According to The Times, McIlroy made a quick phone call that only lasted three minutes to Wozniacki. He called just to tell the tennis athlete that he was breaking up with her and calling off their five-month-long engagement.
"Caroline Wozniacki played tennis in a lovely old arena at Roland Garros yesterday but would rather have been in Belfast, asking Rory McIlroy to his face why he left her this way," wrote the Web site.
"Except that the last time he called, less than a day after telling her how much he loved her, it was a three-minute conversation she thought was a joke."
In a news article published by the Daily Mail, it has been claimed that McIlroy made the announcement after he talked to Wozniacki. McIlroy said in his statement that Wozniacki was never to blame for their break up and that the problem was all his. McIlroy said that he realised that he wasn't ready for such a big commitment after their invitations went out. Nonetheless, McIlroy revealed, in an interview prior the BMW PGA tournament that he eventually won, that their separation was "mutual and amicable."
Here are some parts from McIlroy's public announcement about his breakup with the tennis athlete as reported by the British webloid.
"The problem is mine. The wedding invitations issued at the weekend made me realize that I wasn't ready for all that marriage entails. I wish Caroline all the happiness she deserves and thank her for the great times we've had."
McIlroy showed that he will certainly not be affected by having a scuttled relationship. He displayed an commendable and striking win at the BMW PGA Championship Tournament. European Ryde Cup captain Paul Ginley was pleased with McIlroy's performance and even compared that Northern Irish golfer to Tiger Woods, CBS Sports reported.
"We are seeing a more mature Rory," said Ginley. "We are seeing a Rory who is able to dig when things aren't going well and still churn out a top-10 finish," Ginley added.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Boxing News: Pacquiao And Mayweather Might Meet 'In The First Six Months Of Next Year' - Bob Arum
- Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Considers Ditching Jessica Sanchez To Sing Philippine National Anthem In Favour Of Born-Again Pastors; Stallone & Schwarzenegger to Watch Bout
- Michael Phelps' Lover Reveals She Was Born Intersex In Lengthy Facebook Post
- Dallas Mavericks Owner Mark Cuban Wants The Los Angeles Lakers To ‘Suck Forever’
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Exit For Messi Is Possible - Tata Martino
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports
- Xiaomi to Kill Redmi 1S for More Redmi Notes
- New Zealand Dairy Industry Feels Bullish At Chinese President's Visit