Motorola Moto X vs. HTC Desire 816 - Specifications and Price Comparison in Australia
By Pavithra Rathinavel | May 29, 2014 10:42 AM EST
The Motorola Moto X was released in August 2013, while the HTC Desire 816 was released in the month of February 2013. It is worth noting that, the HTC Desire 816 is one of the very few phones that supports dual-sim capability and also packs a punch in the form of features.
Readers who are planning to buy the Motorola Moto X or the HTC Desire 816, here is the comparison of specifications and price pertaining to Australia.
Display and Size
The Moto X has a 4.7 inches display, with a screen resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. On the other hand, the HTC Desire 816 comes with a bigger screen size of 5.5 inches, but the resolution is same as the Moto X. The Moto X can support up to 316 ppi of pixel density, while the HTC Desire 816 supports up to 267 ppi of pixel density.
The thickness and the weight of Moto X are 0.41 inches and 130 g respectively, whereas the HTC Desire 816 is only 0.31 inches thick but it weighs 165 g.
Hardware and Software
The Motorola Moto X is powered by a dual-core Krait (Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro) processor, clocked at 1.7 GHz and it comes with a 2 GB of RAM. The HTC Desire 816 is powered by a superior quad-core ARM Cortex-A7 (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) processor, clocked at 1.6 GHz, with 1.5 GB of RAM.
The Moto X sports a 10 MP rear-facing camera with LED Flash and a 2 MP front-facing camera, whereas the HTC Desire 816 sports a 13 MP rear-facing camera with LED Flash, and a 5 MP front-facing camera. The other features of both the phones include autofocus, geo-tagging and HDR.
In addition, the HTC Desire 816's camera can be used to take picture while recording video. The Moto X, on the other hand, supports panorama and digital zoom, while the HTC Desire doesn't.
The Moto X comes with 16 GB or 32 GB of internal storage with no microSD slot for expansion, whereas the HTC Desire 816 comes with 8 GB of internal storage, with microSD slot for expansion up to 128 GB.
The Moto X houses a non-removable 2200mAh battery, whereas the HTC Desire 816 houses a non-removable 2600mAh battery unit.
Both the phones support nano-sim. However, the HTC Desire 816 supports dual-sim mode.
The Moto X comes with black and white front panel and a customizable 18 different color options for the back panel, while the HTC Desire 816 comes in white and gray shades.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build