KISS Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: Members Speak Out [VIDEO]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 29, 2014 10:39 AM EST
KISS has finally been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Thursday, April 10. Rage Against the Machine's Tom Morello did the honor of inducting KISS into the Hall of Fame event that took place at Barclay's Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Before KISS's guitarist made his speech, Morello praised the group for their impact, influence and awesomeness. Morello discussed how KISS influenced the likes of Foo Fighters and other rock bands.
Gene Simmons started the band's speech. He said that the band was thankful for the fans that gave them the chance to continue KISS's passion. Simmons mentioned his four band mates who had formed the band together. He praised Ace Frehley's iconic guitar playing and how no one was ever able to imitate his performance. Simmons also noted Peter Criss's drumming style. Simmons remembered how he first met Paul Stanley, and how they became good friends in the team.
Simmons thanked his former band mates that already passed away like Eric Carr and Mark St. John.
Peter Criss spoke next after Simmons. Criss was very thankful for the honor of being inducted to the Hall of Fame. He also thanked everyone that was involved in his career. Criss concluded his speech by saying, "I want to say that, even out of makeup, I'll always be the Catman," reported Huffington Post.
Meanwhile, Ace Fehrley kept things light in his speech. He recounts picking up his first guitar when he was 13 years old. He said he knew back then that he will make it big someday in the rock music scene. Fehrley even called his band mates "clowns" when he first met them. He shortened his speech saying, "Several years later, we got together -- you know the story, it's all KISS-tory."
Paul Stanley took his time thanking the fans that made the band's induction possible. He said that the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony is a very special night for all the KISS fans. Stanley believed that he and the band followed the right path to rock and roll regardless of the criticisms they received.
CREDIT:Rock and Roll Hall of Fame + Museum/YouTube
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports