'Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham' Outer Space Adventure Announced
By Karla Danica Figuerres | May 29, 2014 10:30 AM EST
Warner Bros. and TT Games' newest Lego Batman adventure, "Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham," takes DC's cast of villains and heroes into the outer space to stop Brainiac.
"Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham" takes place after the second game in the series, and a recent trailer showed off a number of sequences portraying "The Legion of Doom's" capture of the Watchtower that revealed some of the game's unique features.
Now, switching suits no longer need a Suit Signal, as any unlocked suits can be chosen via a radial wheel. As Batman and some "Justice League" member's try to retake the Watchtower above earth, Cyborg changes into a washing machine and mech, revealing the look of Robin's Illumination suit.
As "Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham" progress and goes deeper into the universe, characters from "Justice League" and "The Legion of Doom" team up to take on Brainiac, who is using the Lantern Rings to shrink worlds. Furthermore, iconic locations will also in the sequel and players will be able to visit the Justice League Watchtower, Hall of Justice and Batcave.
TT Games says that "Lego Batman 3" will feature more than 150 unique, unlockable characters from the DC universe. Similar to Lego Marvel Super Heroes, "Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham" will use huge features for characters like Solomon Grundy and Killer Croc. Every character will have new gadgets and abilities, as the announcement claimed that, "the power of the Lantern rigs bring unexpected twists to the classic characters' personalities."
"There's a lot more variety than we've previously had with the Lego Batman games," said game director Arthur Parsons via Polygon. "We are doing space combat, races, virtual reality missions, platforming, RPG elements. Characters are always going to be changing and upgrading. It just keeps kids engaged," he added.
Finally, "Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham" also comes with a bunch of VR mini-missions to add flavour to the gameplay. These mini-missions include puzzles, platforming sequences, races and a lot more.
TT Games and Warner Bros. announced that "Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham" comes out this fall for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, 3DS, PC and Vita.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies