iPhone 6: Price Predictions by Nomura; New Names: 4.7-Inches Model is ‘iPhone 6 Air’; 5.5-Inches Model is ‘iPhone 6 Pro’
By Pavithra Rathinavel | May 29, 2014 10:29 AM EST
The rumors and speculations surrounding the 4.7 and 5.5 inches iPhone 6 smartphones are very much alive and Apple fans are eagerly waiting for the WWDC event scheduled for June 2, 2014 for the official announcement.
A woman looks at the screen of her mobile phone in front of an Apple logo outside its store in downtown Shanghai September 10, 2013.
According to Nomura Securities (via GForGames), the upcoming Apple iPhone 6 is expected to ship 46.5 million units within the fourth quarter of this year. If rumors were true, the 4.7 inches iPhone 6 variant will be called as the 'iPhone 6 Air' and the 5.5 inches variant will be called as the 'iPhone 6 Pro'. The securities firm further predicts that the larger 5.5 inches iPhone 6 will be priced at US$750 and the 4.7 inches iPhone 6 variant will be priced at $650.
From the supply chain side, the Asian tech Web site DigiTimes, points out that Apple has finally selected their supply chain partner for its upcoming iPhone 6. The digital publication cited unnamed sources with good knowledge on the subject matter, from the upstream supply chain unit as their source.
Apparently, Apple will be releasing its 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches iPhone 6 partnering with Foxconn Electronics to handle the manufacturing side of the devices. This constitutes 70% of the 4.7 inches iPhone 6 units through 2015. In addition, Pegatron will manufacture the remaining 30% of the 4.7 inches models.
Nevertheless, the 4.7 inches iPhones 6 will be the ultimate focus area for Apple this year. According to Slash Gear, Foxconn's manufacturing units in China could provide the finished 4.7 inches model in the month of July. In addition, the same company will start its manufacturing process for the 5.5 inches iPhone 6 variant in August.
The obvious reason for Apple to focus on the 4.7 inches iPhone 6 model is the demand for the pocket-friendly iPhones, although a vast majority is looking for gigantic screens. The rumored release date of the iPhone 6 is September 19 and the WWDC 2014 could provide more information on the upcoming devices from Apple.
Will US$650 be the actual price of iPhone 6? Feel free to leave a comment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists