iPhone 6: Price Predictions by Nomura; New Names: 4.7-Inches Model is ‘iPhone 6 Air’; 5.5-Inches Model is ‘iPhone 6 Pro’
By Pavithra Rathinavel | May 29, 2014 10:29 AM EST
The rumors and speculations surrounding the 4.7 and 5.5 inches iPhone 6 smartphones are very much alive and Apple fans are eagerly waiting for the WWDC event scheduled for June 2, 2014 for the official announcement.
A woman looks at the screen of her mobile phone in front of an Apple logo outside its store in downtown Shanghai September 10, 2013.
According to Nomura Securities (via GForGames), the upcoming Apple iPhone 6 is expected to ship 46.5 million units within the fourth quarter of this year. If rumors were true, the 4.7 inches iPhone 6 variant will be called as the 'iPhone 6 Air' and the 5.5 inches variant will be called as the 'iPhone 6 Pro'. The securities firm further predicts that the larger 5.5 inches iPhone 6 will be priced at US$750 and the 4.7 inches iPhone 6 variant will be priced at $650.
From the supply chain side, the Asian tech Web site DigiTimes, points out that Apple has finally selected their supply chain partner for its upcoming iPhone 6. The digital publication cited unnamed sources with good knowledge on the subject matter, from the upstream supply chain unit as their source.
Apparently, Apple will be releasing its 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches iPhone 6 partnering with Foxconn Electronics to handle the manufacturing side of the devices. This constitutes 70% of the 4.7 inches iPhone 6 units through 2015. In addition, Pegatron will manufacture the remaining 30% of the 4.7 inches models.
Nevertheless, the 4.7 inches iPhones 6 will be the ultimate focus area for Apple this year. According to Slash Gear, Foxconn's manufacturing units in China could provide the finished 4.7 inches model in the month of July. In addition, the same company will start its manufacturing process for the 5.5 inches iPhone 6 variant in August.
The obvious reason for Apple to focus on the 4.7 inches iPhone 6 model is the demand for the pocket-friendly iPhones, although a vast majority is looking for gigantic screens. The rumored release date of the iPhone 6 is September 19 and the WWDC 2014 could provide more information on the upcoming devices from Apple.
Will US$650 be the actual price of iPhone 6? Feel free to leave a comment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates