NBA News: Cavaliers To Announce Next Head Coach Soon; Alvin Gentry, Lionel Hollins Lead Candidates
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 29, 2014 10:27 AM EST
The Cleveland Cavaliers reportedly narrowed down their list of head coaching candidates, with Chicago Bulls assistant Adrian Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers assistant Tyron Lue, former Memphis head coach Lionel Hollins and Clippers associate coach Alvin Gentry emerging as front runner, according to a Cleveland newspaper on Tuesday.
The Cavaliers, who ended the second tenure of Mike Brown after spending a season as their head coach, are reportedly considering these four coaches as their leading candidates for the vacant position.
According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Cavs have already interviewed Adrian Griffin and are scheduled to meet Lue and Hollins soon, while it's unclear if Gentry was given the green light to interview for the job.
"Chicago Bulls assistant coach Adrian Griffin will interview with the Cavaliers today for their head coaching vacancy. He is believed to be the first coach to actually interview for the position," Cleveland Plain Dealer reported on Wednesday.
"Los Angeles Clippers assistant Tyronn Lue will interview later this week, followed by former Memphis coach Lionel Hollins. The Cavs also asked permission to speak to Clippers associate head coach Alvin Gentry, but it's unclear if an interview with him has been scheduled."
The Cavs are expected to announce their next head coach more likely before the 2014 NBA Draft, where they have the first overall pick.
"After weeks of rumors and reaching out to gauge interest, the Cavs appear to be getting closer to finding a replacement for Mike Brown, who was fired on May 12," the newspaper added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles