NBA News: Cavaliers To Announce Next Head Coach Soon; Alvin Gentry, Lionel Hollins Lead Candidates
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 29, 2014 10:27 AM EST
The Cleveland Cavaliers reportedly narrowed down their list of head coaching candidates, with Chicago Bulls assistant Adrian Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers assistant Tyron Lue, former Memphis head coach Lionel Hollins and Clippers associate coach Alvin Gentry emerging as front runner, according to a Cleveland newspaper on Tuesday.
The Cavaliers, who ended the second tenure of Mike Brown after spending a season as their head coach, are reportedly considering these four coaches as their leading candidates for the vacant position.
According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Cavs have already interviewed Adrian Griffin and are scheduled to meet Lue and Hollins soon, while it's unclear if Gentry was given the green light to interview for the job.
"Chicago Bulls assistant coach Adrian Griffin will interview with the Cavaliers today for their head coaching vacancy. He is believed to be the first coach to actually interview for the position," Cleveland Plain Dealer reported on Wednesday.
"Los Angeles Clippers assistant Tyronn Lue will interview later this week, followed by former Memphis coach Lionel Hollins. The Cavs also asked permission to speak to Clippers associate head coach Alvin Gentry, but it's unclear if an interview with him has been scheduled."
The Cavs are expected to announce their next head coach more likely before the 2014 NBA Draft, where they have the first overall pick.
"After weeks of rumors and reaching out to gauge interest, the Cavs appear to be getting closer to finding a replacement for Mike Brown, who was fired on May 12," the newspaper added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand