NBA News: Cavaliers To Announce Next Head Coach Soon; Alvin Gentry, Lionel Hollins Lead Candidates
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 29, 2014 10:27 AM EST
The Cleveland Cavaliers reportedly narrowed down their list of head coaching candidates, with Chicago Bulls assistant Adrian Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers assistant Tyron Lue, former Memphis head coach Lionel Hollins and Clippers associate coach Alvin Gentry emerging as front runner, according to a Cleveland newspaper on Tuesday.
The Cavaliers, who ended the second tenure of Mike Brown after spending a season as their head coach, are reportedly considering these four coaches as their leading candidates for the vacant position.
According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Cavs have already interviewed Adrian Griffin and are scheduled to meet Lue and Hollins soon, while it's unclear if Gentry was given the green light to interview for the job.
"Chicago Bulls assistant coach Adrian Griffin will interview with the Cavaliers today for their head coaching vacancy. He is believed to be the first coach to actually interview for the position," Cleveland Plain Dealer reported on Wednesday.
"Los Angeles Clippers assistant Tyronn Lue will interview later this week, followed by former Memphis coach Lionel Hollins. The Cavs also asked permission to speak to Clippers associate head coach Alvin Gentry, but it's unclear if an interview with him has been scheduled."
The Cavs are expected to announce their next head coach more likely before the 2014 NBA Draft, where they have the first overall pick.
"After weeks of rumors and reaching out to gauge interest, the Cavs appear to be getting closer to finding a replacement for Mike Brown, who was fired on May 12," the newspaper added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation