NBA News: Cavaliers To Announce Next Head Coach Soon; Alvin Gentry, Lionel Hollins Lead Candidates
By Lou Ramon Aguila | May 29, 2014 10:27 AM EST
The Cleveland Cavaliers reportedly narrowed down their list of head coaching candidates, with Chicago Bulls assistant Adrian Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers assistant Tyron Lue, former Memphis head coach Lionel Hollins and Clippers associate coach Alvin Gentry emerging as front runner, according to a Cleveland newspaper on Tuesday.
The Cavaliers, who ended the second tenure of Mike Brown after spending a season as their head coach, are reportedly considering these four coaches as their leading candidates for the vacant position.
According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Cavs have already interviewed Adrian Griffin and are scheduled to meet Lue and Hollins soon, while it's unclear if Gentry was given the green light to interview for the job.
"Chicago Bulls assistant coach Adrian Griffin will interview with the Cavaliers today for their head coaching vacancy. He is believed to be the first coach to actually interview for the position," Cleveland Plain Dealer reported on Wednesday.
"Los Angeles Clippers assistant Tyronn Lue will interview later this week, followed by former Memphis coach Lionel Hollins. The Cavs also asked permission to speak to Clippers associate head coach Alvin Gentry, but it's unclear if an interview with him has been scheduled."
The Cavs are expected to announce their next head coach more likely before the 2014 NBA Draft, where they have the first overall pick.
"After weeks of rumors and reaching out to gauge interest, the Cavs appear to be getting closer to finding a replacement for Mike Brown, who was fired on May 12," the newspaper added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Rafael Nadal Crowned as Most Popular Personality in Spain
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon