Must-Have Smartphones of 2014
By Naveena Joy | May 28, 2014 6:51 PM EST
The start of the year has been an exciting year with smartphone companies bringing in new and advanced market technologies. Five handsets were released early this year making it to the top with its outstanding features.
1. Sony Xperia Z2
Sony Xperia Z2 has the most exciting feature of a massive 5.2-inch screen display with bright colors. The big screen is fun while watching a video or a movie with friends and family. It has a remarkable viewing angle paired with stereo front-facing speakers covering the screen sides. The phone has water-proof element which can take up to 1.5 mm so the users are care-free when paddling or playing with water.
The battery life of Xperia Z2 lasts a day in one charge and as the power saving is activated, it will last much longer. The phone comes with a 20.7 MP rear camera with features like point-and-shoot mode and fancy tricks. The only flaw with the Xperia Z2 is that it is not that handy and easy to carry with its large size.
2. Nokia Lumia 1020
Nokia Lumia 1020 was launched and advertised for its terrific camera feature, co-developed with the photography masters at Zeiss. The camera is 41 MP using 1.1 micron back side illuminated pixels, which means that while capturing pictures it will have more light to improve the image quality. Although it offers the features of "PureView" camera system, "Supersampling" image processing technology and the famous "enhance" feature yet it lacks a few apps and may not be suitable for some users.
3. Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S5 is an outstanding phone released recently. It comes with nearly all features of 5.1-inch HD screen display, 16 MP rear camera that can refocus an image after capturing it and 2 MP front camera, battery life that runs for a day while using emails and playing music and waterproof quality that will work even if the phone sinks down in the water. The attracting feature of the phone is the fingerprint scanner unlocking the phone with the help of a swipe. It is also helpful in authenticating payments through PayPal with fingerprints. Though the big phone is manageable and easy to carry, the Samsung's plastic design is the biggest drawback.
4. Apple iPhone 5s
Apple has been releasing the most advanced technology since exception. Similarly, iPhone 5s is incomparable with the other brands. iOS 7 is refined and colorful, while its speed and features are remarkably noticeable. The TouchID fingerprint sensor is different from other phones based on ease of use and accuracy. While iPhone is slightly smaller than other smartphones, it is easy to carry in a purse or pocket.
5. HTC One M8
HTC One (M8) is popular because of its metal design. It is smooth, curved with aluminium back giving a premium look that nicely fits in the palm. It is beautifully designed with "BoomSound" speakers and 5 MP front camera. It has enough battery power that will run all day on a single charge and can stretch upto 2 days with power-saving features.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’