Must-Have Smartphones of 2014
By Naveena Joy | May 28, 2014 6:51 PM EST
The start of the year has been an exciting year with smartphone companies bringing in new and advanced market technologies. Five handsets were released early this year making it to the top with its outstanding features.
1. Sony Xperia Z2
Sony Xperia Z2 has the most exciting feature of a massive 5.2-inch screen display with bright colors. The big screen is fun while watching a video or a movie with friends and family. It has a remarkable viewing angle paired with stereo front-facing speakers covering the screen sides. The phone has water-proof element which can take up to 1.5 mm so the users are care-free when paddling or playing with water.
The battery life of Xperia Z2 lasts a day in one charge and as the power saving is activated, it will last much longer. The phone comes with a 20.7 MP rear camera with features like point-and-shoot mode and fancy tricks. The only flaw with the Xperia Z2 is that it is not that handy and easy to carry with its large size.
2. Nokia Lumia 1020
Nokia Lumia 1020 was launched and advertised for its terrific camera feature, co-developed with the photography masters at Zeiss. The camera is 41 MP using 1.1 micron back side illuminated pixels, which means that while capturing pictures it will have more light to improve the image quality. Although it offers the features of "PureView" camera system, "Supersampling" image processing technology and the famous "enhance" feature yet it lacks a few apps and may not be suitable for some users.
3. Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S5 is an outstanding phone released recently. It comes with nearly all features of 5.1-inch HD screen display, 16 MP rear camera that can refocus an image after capturing it and 2 MP front camera, battery life that runs for a day while using emails and playing music and waterproof quality that will work even if the phone sinks down in the water. The attracting feature of the phone is the fingerprint scanner unlocking the phone with the help of a swipe. It is also helpful in authenticating payments through PayPal with fingerprints. Though the big phone is manageable and easy to carry, the Samsung's plastic design is the biggest drawback.
4. Apple iPhone 5s
Apple has been releasing the most advanced technology since exception. Similarly, iPhone 5s is incomparable with the other brands. iOS 7 is refined and colorful, while its speed and features are remarkably noticeable. The TouchID fingerprint sensor is different from other phones based on ease of use and accuracy. While iPhone is slightly smaller than other smartphones, it is easy to carry in a purse or pocket.
5. HTC One M8
HTC One (M8) is popular because of its metal design. It is smooth, curved with aluminium back giving a premium look that nicely fits in the palm. It is beautifully designed with "BoomSound" speakers and 5 MP front camera. It has enough battery power that will run all day on a single charge and can stretch upto 2 days with power-saving features.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change