Kim Kardashian Copies Kate Middleton's Wedding Gown But With a Twist: Whose Gown was Better?
By Sonalee singh | May 28, 2014 6:39 PM EST
Kim Kardashian who recently walked the aisle on May 24 with fiancé Kanye West looking stunning in her Givenchy wedding gown designed by designer friend Riccardo Tisci. The gown was redolent of the one worn by Kate Middleton in her 2011 wedding to Prince William, however, according to fans; it was a notch higher in taste than of the duchess of Cambridge.
When Kim was on a look out for her wedding gown, it was being speculated that she would pick up something sexy, which will accentuate her voluptuous figure, however, she surprised her fans with her elegant choice of a lace white gown.
Kate Middleton's gown, which became rage in 2011, was designed by designer Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen. The gown was customized to bring out Middleton's body proportions and to accentuate her tiny waist.
On the other hand Tisci made sure that he gives Kim a way to display her toned abs and back in a tasteful way. Tisci gave a net covering to Kim's back to add lightness to the dress as well as bring out her toned back. He added a triangular cut out to the front to cover her chest modestly and to emphasize her extremely toned abs.
Fashion critics thought that just like her wedding gown at the time of her wedding to Kris Humphries, will show her immense cleavage but that did not happen. Apparently, the world was quite stunned to see Kim make such a classy choice for a gown, reported Hollywoodlife.
Speaking of Kim Kardashian infamous back, the gown was made to it fit in a way that it did aptly carved her back. The gown had a long trial and the sheer veil was even longer than then the trail..
Kim Kardashian's gown cost $2.1 million, as per Hollywoodlife reports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft