Kim Kardashian Copies Kate Middleton's Wedding Gown But With a Twist: Whose Gown was Better?
By Sonalee singh | May 28, 2014 6:39 PM EST
Kim Kardashian who recently walked the aisle on May 24 with fiancé Kanye West looking stunning in her Givenchy wedding gown designed by designer friend Riccardo Tisci. The gown was redolent of the one worn by Kate Middleton in her 2011 wedding to Prince William, however, according to fans; it was a notch higher in taste than of the duchess of Cambridge.
When Kim was on a look out for her wedding gown, it was being speculated that she would pick up something sexy, which will accentuate her voluptuous figure, however, she surprised her fans with her elegant choice of a lace white gown.
Kate Middleton's gown, which became rage in 2011, was designed by designer Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen. The gown was customized to bring out Middleton's body proportions and to accentuate her tiny waist.
On the other hand Tisci made sure that he gives Kim a way to display her toned abs and back in a tasteful way. Tisci gave a net covering to Kim's back to add lightness to the dress as well as bring out her toned back. He added a triangular cut out to the front to cover her chest modestly and to emphasize her extremely toned abs.
Fashion critics thought that just like her wedding gown at the time of her wedding to Kris Humphries, will show her immense cleavage but that did not happen. Apparently, the world was quite stunned to see Kim make such a classy choice for a gown, reported Hollywoodlife.
Speaking of Kim Kardashian infamous back, the gown was made to it fit in a way that it did aptly carved her back. The gown had a long trial and the sheer veil was even longer than then the trail..
Kim Kardashian's gown cost $2.1 million, as per Hollywoodlife reports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence