Kim Kardashian Copies Kate Middleton's Wedding Gown But With a Twist: Whose Gown was Better?
By Sonalee singh | May 28, 2014 6:39 PM EST
Kim Kardashian who recently walked the aisle on May 24 with fiancé Kanye West looking stunning in her Givenchy wedding gown designed by designer friend Riccardo Tisci. The gown was redolent of the one worn by Kate Middleton in her 2011 wedding to Prince William, however, according to fans; it was a notch higher in taste than of the duchess of Cambridge.
When Kim was on a look out for her wedding gown, it was being speculated that she would pick up something sexy, which will accentuate her voluptuous figure, however, she surprised her fans with her elegant choice of a lace white gown.
Kate Middleton's gown, which became rage in 2011, was designed by designer Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen. The gown was customized to bring out Middleton's body proportions and to accentuate her tiny waist.
On the other hand Tisci made sure that he gives Kim a way to display her toned abs and back in a tasteful way. Tisci gave a net covering to Kim's back to add lightness to the dress as well as bring out her toned back. He added a triangular cut out to the front to cover her chest modestly and to emphasize her extremely toned abs.
Fashion critics thought that just like her wedding gown at the time of her wedding to Kris Humphries, will show her immense cleavage but that did not happen. Apparently, the world was quite stunned to see Kim make such a classy choice for a gown, reported Hollywoodlife.
Speaking of Kim Kardashian infamous back, the gown was made to it fit in a way that it did aptly carved her back. The gown had a long trial and the sheer veil was even longer than then the trail..
Kim Kardashian's gown cost $2.1 million, as per Hollywoodlife reports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga