Kim Kardashian Copies Kate Middleton's Wedding Gown But With a Twist: Whose Gown was Better?
By Sonalee singh | May 28, 2014 6:39 PM EST
Kim Kardashian who recently walked the aisle on May 24 with fiancé Kanye West looking stunning in her Givenchy wedding gown designed by designer friend Riccardo Tisci. The gown was redolent of the one worn by Kate Middleton in her 2011 wedding to Prince William, however, according to fans; it was a notch higher in taste than of the duchess of Cambridge.
When Kim was on a look out for her wedding gown, it was being speculated that she would pick up something sexy, which will accentuate her voluptuous figure, however, she surprised her fans with her elegant choice of a lace white gown.
Kate Middleton's gown, which became rage in 2011, was designed by designer Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen. The gown was customized to bring out Middleton's body proportions and to accentuate her tiny waist.
On the other hand Tisci made sure that he gives Kim a way to display her toned abs and back in a tasteful way. Tisci gave a net covering to Kim's back to add lightness to the dress as well as bring out her toned back. He added a triangular cut out to the front to cover her chest modestly and to emphasize her extremely toned abs.
Fashion critics thought that just like her wedding gown at the time of her wedding to Kris Humphries, will show her immense cleavage but that did not happen. Apparently, the world was quite stunned to see Kim make such a classy choice for a gown, reported Hollywoodlife.
Speaking of Kim Kardashian infamous back, the gown was made to it fit in a way that it did aptly carved her back. The gown had a long trial and the sheer veil was even longer than then the trail..
Kim Kardashian's gown cost $2.1 million, as per Hollywoodlife reports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage