'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Fixes Mistakes In 'X-Men: The Last Stand'
By Tanya Diente | May 28, 2014 6:38 PM EST
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" have corrected some mistakes in the other "X-Men" franchise, "X-Men: The Last Stand." Below are scenes from the new "X-Men" sequel that give justice to what happened in the 2006 movie.
British actors Patrick Stewart (L-R), James McAvoy, Ian McKellen and Irish-German actor Michael Fassbender arrive for the British premiere of 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' at Leicester Square in London in this May 12, 2014, file photo.
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" brought Cyclops back to life. Cyclops is one of the most important characters in the "X-Men" universe, according to Hitfix. He is the driving force that puts Charles Xavier's dream of co-existence into action, yet he got killed in a five minute scene of "X-Men: The Last Stand." Cyclops' return to life not only brings back the Wolverine-Jean Grey-Cyclops love triangle, but could also mean that "X-Men" has a direction to its story once again.
Movie writer Simon Kinberg told SciFiNow, that Cyclops death was uncalled for and that he didn't deserve to die. So he had outlined a scene in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" where Cyclops is brought back to life. True to his word, Cyclops meets Wolverine again inside the X-Men mansion in the future.
Another rebirth in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" is Jean Grey. When Wolverine woke up in the future inside the X-Men mansion, he sees Jean Grey. In "X-Men: The Last Stand" Jean was killed by Wolverine when she became Phoenix, who wreaked havoc among humans and even killed Cyclops.
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" placed Rogue back into the scene. Although this time she only had less screen time. In "X-Men: The Last Stand" Rogue wanted nothing more than to have her mutant powers removed so she could be with Iceman. Thus, she had indirectly ruled herself out of the movie when she subjected herself to the mutant cure.
According to Indiewire, "X-Men: Days of Future Past" is Kinberg's way of re-telling the story of "X-Men: The Last Stand." It has provided him the opportunity to set things right to some extent of travelling back in time to resurrect those who were wrongfully "killed" in "X-Men: The Last Stand." The characters in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" were given the opportunity to travel back and improve their younger selves with the lessons they've learned as a wiser man.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones