'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Fixes Mistakes In 'X-Men: The Last Stand'
By Tanya Diente | May 28, 2014 6:38 PM EST
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" have corrected some mistakes in the other "X-Men" franchise, "X-Men: The Last Stand." Below are scenes from the new "X-Men" sequel that give justice to what happened in the 2006 movie.
British actors Patrick Stewart (L-R), James McAvoy, Ian McKellen and Irish-German actor Michael Fassbender arrive for the British premiere of 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' at Leicester Square in London in this May 12, 2014, file photo.
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" brought Cyclops back to life. Cyclops is one of the most important characters in the "X-Men" universe, according to Hitfix. He is the driving force that puts Charles Xavier's dream of co-existence into action, yet he got killed in a five minute scene of "X-Men: The Last Stand." Cyclops' return to life not only brings back the Wolverine-Jean Grey-Cyclops love triangle, but could also mean that "X-Men" has a direction to its story once again.
Movie writer Simon Kinberg told SciFiNow, that Cyclops death was uncalled for and that he didn't deserve to die. So he had outlined a scene in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" where Cyclops is brought back to life. True to his word, Cyclops meets Wolverine again inside the X-Men mansion in the future.
Another rebirth in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" is Jean Grey. When Wolverine woke up in the future inside the X-Men mansion, he sees Jean Grey. In "X-Men: The Last Stand" Jean was killed by Wolverine when she became Phoenix, who wreaked havoc among humans and even killed Cyclops.
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" placed Rogue back into the scene. Although this time she only had less screen time. In "X-Men: The Last Stand" Rogue wanted nothing more than to have her mutant powers removed so she could be with Iceman. Thus, she had indirectly ruled herself out of the movie when she subjected herself to the mutant cure.
According to Indiewire, "X-Men: Days of Future Past" is Kinberg's way of re-telling the story of "X-Men: The Last Stand." It has provided him the opportunity to set things right to some extent of travelling back in time to resurrect those who were wrongfully "killed" in "X-Men: The Last Stand." The characters in "X-Men: Days of Future Past" were given the opportunity to travel back and improve their younger selves with the lessons they've learned as a wiser man.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]