Ariana Grande’s ‘Problem’ Is A ‘IDGAF’ Song, Singer Thank Fans for Support [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | May 28, 2014 6:37 PM EST
With new-found maturity and pop sensibility, pop princess Ariana Grande is ready to take on the world with her hot new single "Problem" from her still untitled second album.
On her recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, the petite vocal diva discussed the mass appeal of her new single and revealed that it's not only girls who can relate to her song.
"Everybody has trouble with confidence these days," says the 20-year-old singer during an interview. "All these young girls hate themselves, and these women have horrible relationships with men. And men too! We all go through it. 'Problem' is such an IDGAF song that makes everybody feel great."
To save you time for typing the meaning of IDGAF, it means "I don't give a f**k." For many of Ariana's fans, the highly-anticipated second album will have a different treatment from her last and just like the sound of "Problem" the new album is going to be shocking.
"I think everybody is going to be shocked. I tried so many new things. I feel like I reinvented without doing anything that's not genuine to who I am as a person," she explained. Thanks to the song's bumping sax beat, courtesy of Swedish hitmaker Max Martin, "Problem" stole the number one spot on iTunes for weeks and as of May 27, the track is currently in number three spot on the Billboard US Hot 100 chart.
A contender for the song of the summer title, the "Sam & Cat" star took a lot of risks for his new single and the result is astonishing as she tries to reinvent herself as a young adult artist and performer. Featuring Australian rapper Iggy Azalea and Big Sean, her new single is soaring high in the chart with 438,000 downloads in first week of release.
Splitting her busy schedules between music and family, Grande recently tweeted her fans and thanking them for their support and prayers for her grandfather. She tweeted: "love u guys so much! even when I'm quiet..... lots goin on w grandpa & thankful he's doing well. always thinking of u & working hard for u....can't wait for what's coming up...."
Check out Ariana Grande's "Probmem" teaser.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On