Ariana Grande’s ‘Problem’ Is A ‘IDGAF’ Song, Singer Thank Fans for Support [VIDEO]
By Riza Ornos | May 28, 2014 6:37 PM EST
With new-found maturity and pop sensibility, pop princess Ariana Grande is ready to take on the world with her hot new single "Problem" from her still untitled second album.
On her recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, the petite vocal diva discussed the mass appeal of her new single and revealed that it's not only girls who can relate to her song.
"Everybody has trouble with confidence these days," says the 20-year-old singer during an interview. "All these young girls hate themselves, and these women have horrible relationships with men. And men too! We all go through it. 'Problem' is such an IDGAF song that makes everybody feel great."
To save you time for typing the meaning of IDGAF, it means "I don't give a f**k." For many of Ariana's fans, the highly-anticipated second album will have a different treatment from her last and just like the sound of "Problem" the new album is going to be shocking.
"I think everybody is going to be shocked. I tried so many new things. I feel like I reinvented without doing anything that's not genuine to who I am as a person," she explained. Thanks to the song's bumping sax beat, courtesy of Swedish hitmaker Max Martin, "Problem" stole the number one spot on iTunes for weeks and as of May 27, the track is currently in number three spot on the Billboard US Hot 100 chart.
A contender for the song of the summer title, the "Sam & Cat" star took a lot of risks for his new single and the result is astonishing as she tries to reinvent herself as a young adult artist and performer. Featuring Australian rapper Iggy Azalea and Big Sean, her new single is soaring high in the chart with 438,000 downloads in first week of release.
Splitting her busy schedules between music and family, Grande recently tweeted her fans and thanking them for their support and prayers for her grandfather. She tweeted: "love u guys so much! even when I'm quiet..... lots goin on w grandpa & thankful he's doing well. always thinking of u & working hard for u....can't wait for what's coming up...."
Check out Ariana Grande's "Probmem" teaser.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date