‘True Detective’ Season 2 to Feature Three New Leads, Casting to Begin Soon
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 28, 2014 5:26 PM EST
The new season of HBO's critically acclaimed show "True Detective" is likely to have three leads, unlike the first season. The Season 2 is a new story, with all new characters. And, according to reports, the new season cast is expected to be female-centric.
"The characters are all new, but I'm deeply in love with each of them. We've got the entire series broken out with a couple of scripts, and we'll probably start casting in earnest in the coming months," Nic Pizzolatto, creator of "True Detective," said in an interview with NPR's "To The Best Of Our Knowledge," as quoted by Deadline.com.
Earlier in an interview with HitFix, Pizzolatto had said that Season 2 would be about "hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system."
There is much speculation about the three leads. Deadline.com has published the unofficial descriptions, which are floating around in the cyber-sphere, of these three new characters. The first lead, according to this unofficial description, is a male detective or cop, around 40 in age, with Joaquin Phoenix, Christian Bale and Josh Brolin as prototypes. In addition to a twenty something male cop, there is also a thirty something female detective, with Jessica Chastain as a potential prototype.
There were media reports that Jessica Chastain will be starring in the new season. The actress, however, denied that she is doing "True Detective."
"I love Woody Harrelson, and I'm gonna watch the second season just like I watched every episode of the first," the actress said to Washington Post, as quoted by E! Online. "But I won't be on it."
The Season 2 is set to take place in California, but it will not be Los Angeles. Pizzicato said that the new season will be set in "much lesser known venues of California -- and we're going to try to capture a certain psycho-sphere ambiance of the place, much like we did in season one."
Earlier this month, the media was abuzz with rumours that Brad Pitt, Michael Fassbender and Cate Blanchett have been roped in to play the three principal characters of "True Detective" Season 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family