‘True Detective’ Season 2 to Feature Three New Leads, Casting to Begin Soon
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 28, 2014 5:26 PM EST
The new season of HBO's critically acclaimed show "True Detective" is likely to have three leads, unlike the first season. The Season 2 is a new story, with all new characters. And, according to reports, the new season cast is expected to be female-centric.
"The characters are all new, but I'm deeply in love with each of them. We've got the entire series broken out with a couple of scripts, and we'll probably start casting in earnest in the coming months," Nic Pizzolatto, creator of "True Detective," said in an interview with NPR's "To The Best Of Our Knowledge," as quoted by Deadline.com.
Earlier in an interview with HitFix, Pizzolatto had said that Season 2 would be about "hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system."
There is much speculation about the three leads. Deadline.com has published the unofficial descriptions, which are floating around in the cyber-sphere, of these three new characters. The first lead, according to this unofficial description, is a male detective or cop, around 40 in age, with Joaquin Phoenix, Christian Bale and Josh Brolin as prototypes. In addition to a twenty something male cop, there is also a thirty something female detective, with Jessica Chastain as a potential prototype.
There were media reports that Jessica Chastain will be starring in the new season. The actress, however, denied that she is doing "True Detective."
"I love Woody Harrelson, and I'm gonna watch the second season just like I watched every episode of the first," the actress said to Washington Post, as quoted by E! Online. "But I won't be on it."
The Season 2 is set to take place in California, but it will not be Los Angeles. Pizzicato said that the new season will be set in "much lesser known venues of California -- and we're going to try to capture a certain psycho-sphere ambiance of the place, much like we did in season one."
Earlier this month, the media was abuzz with rumours that Brad Pitt, Michael Fassbender and Cate Blanchett have been roped in to play the three principal characters of "True Detective" Season 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone