LG G Watch Feature Allows For Incoming And Outgoing Calls Without A Smartphone
By Tanya Diente | May 28, 2014 3:57 PM EST
The LG G watch was announced by Engadget on April, however more details have surfaced regarding its features, especially with the launch of LG G3 to the market. LG G3 is in the spotlight as the most awaited flagship smartphone to be launched this quarter. With its launch, LG takes the opportunity to showcase other products that would supplement the smartphone experience. These products include the LG Lifeband Touch smartband, LG HeartRate earphones, LG Tone Infinim earphones, LG QuickCircle case, and the recently announced LG G Watch.
The LG G watch, according to GSM Arena, will feature cellular connectivity through a USIM (Universal Subscriber Identity Module). This feature in the smartwatch allows users to make and receive calls, and even receive messages, without a need for it to be tethered to a smartphone. LG G watch's independent cellular connectivity is parallel to Samsung's rumoured Gear Solo, according to G4Games. Gear Solo is an upgrade to Samsung's Tizen OS running Galaxy Gear lineup, a new model that is said to also allow users to make and receive calls without it having to be paired to a smartphone.
Scroll down for the LG G watch product trailer
The LG G watch is confirmed to be one of the first few smartwatches to run on Google's new OS, the Android Wear. The smartwatch also features a water resistant metal body with a silicone rubber wrist band. It also comes in two color options (photo); Stealth Black (all-black body with black strap), and Champagne gold (gold body with white strap). The LG G watch will be compatible with a wide range of Android OS devices and features an always "on" display as reported by Engadget. LG G watch's other specs include a 1.65-inch display with 280x280 resolution, 512 MB RAM, and a 4 GB internal flash storage.
The LG G watch will be released first by LG U+ (a South Korean carrier) in July, reports GSM Arena.
Source: Youtube/LG Mobile Global
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet