‘Hyrule Warriors’ Release Date Confirmed, Plus Impa, Secret Characters and Eiji Aonuma’s Approval
By Karla Danica Figuerres | May 28, 2014 2:54 PM EST
Tecmo Koei started releasing information about the "Hyrule Warriors," which will be a Zelda spinoff in the Dynasty Warriors series. Basically, it is "Zelda" minus the puzzles, plus more action and fighting larger groups of bad guys, which is a good change in pace.
The "Hyrule Warriors" release date is set to bring two-player local simultaneous co-op, with one player as Link on the TV and the other as Impa on the GamePad. The game's villain is unsurprisingly the witch Shea, who kidnapped Princess Zelda. That being said, one unfortunate thing about the "Hyrule Warriors" release date could be that it is being co-developed by Team Ninja, who has a bad reputation with the "Metroid: Other M."
Beyond that, Tecmo Koei also confirmed that the level design of "Hyrule Warriors" will be quite similar to the average "Dynasty Warriors" game, which will not be a typical puzzle-heavy Death Mountain dungeon. As such, it appears that every moment with "Hyrule Warriors" is going to be a battle, whatever the ambient setting may be.
Tecmo Koei producer Yosuke Hayashi said that, "There were many things that we couldn't decide on from within our company alone, so we often went to Nintendo and also consulted with Aonuma for the more detailed parts. As this process went on, we were able to see a fine line between what we could and couldn't do with Hyrule Warriors."
On the other hand, Eiji Aonuma himself said that the game is a Zelda game that he can't make and a deviation from the series but nonetheless a significant exploration of what "Zelda" can be about.
The game might not be exactly like "Zelda" Wii U or "Skyward Sword" but "Hyrule Warriors" is an exciting game on its own light. Needless to say, it will be a valuable addition to the "Zelda" series and it will be like nothing we've seen in the past 20 years.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports