‘Hyrule Warriors’ Release Date Confirmed, Plus Impa, Secret Characters and Eiji Aonuma’s Approval
By Karla Danica Figuerres | May 28, 2014 2:54 PM EST
Tecmo Koei started releasing information about the "Hyrule Warriors," which will be a Zelda spinoff in the Dynasty Warriors series. Basically, it is "Zelda" minus the puzzles, plus more action and fighting larger groups of bad guys, which is a good change in pace.
The "Hyrule Warriors" release date is set to bring two-player local simultaneous co-op, with one player as Link on the TV and the other as Impa on the GamePad. The game's villain is unsurprisingly the witch Shea, who kidnapped Princess Zelda. That being said, one unfortunate thing about the "Hyrule Warriors" release date could be that it is being co-developed by Team Ninja, who has a bad reputation with the "Metroid: Other M."
Beyond that, Tecmo Koei also confirmed that the level design of "Hyrule Warriors" will be quite similar to the average "Dynasty Warriors" game, which will not be a typical puzzle-heavy Death Mountain dungeon. As such, it appears that every moment with "Hyrule Warriors" is going to be a battle, whatever the ambient setting may be.
Tecmo Koei producer Yosuke Hayashi said that, "There were many things that we couldn't decide on from within our company alone, so we often went to Nintendo and also consulted with Aonuma for the more detailed parts. As this process went on, we were able to see a fine line between what we could and couldn't do with Hyrule Warriors."
On the other hand, Eiji Aonuma himself said that the game is a Zelda game that he can't make and a deviation from the series but nonetheless a significant exploration of what "Zelda" can be about.
The game might not be exactly like "Zelda" Wii U or "Skyward Sword" but "Hyrule Warriors" is an exciting game on its own light. Needless to say, it will be a valuable addition to the "Zelda" series and it will be like nothing we've seen in the past 20 years.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change