World Cup 2014: Shakira Released Unofficial Song Featuring Neymar and Messi
By charmaine corne clutton | May 28, 2014 2:52 PM EST
The 2014 FIFA World Cup is fast approaching as fans and organizers alike gear up for the largest international men's football tournament. To be held at the summery lands of Brazil, the World Cup shall feature 32 of the best football teams of the world to battle it out against each other.
In line with the preparation for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, organizers in Brazil have tapped various artists to promote and publicize the international tournament. For 2014, the organizers tapped rapper Pitbull to lead the official song of the tournament. Titled "We Are One (Ole Ola)," Pitbull features Jennifer Lopez and Brazilian pop star Claudia Leitte in its catchy tune that has since amassed 20 million viewers on Youtube.
Meanwhile, other pop stars have also showed their support for the upcoming international men's football tournament by creating their own tunes for the World Cup. "The Voice" judge Shakira recently released a latest single titled "La LA LA (Brazil 2014)" which features some of the most famous names in football including Radamel Falcao, Cesc Soler, Sergio Agüero, James Rodriquez, Eric Abdal, Neymar and Lionel Messi.
The Colombian singer also featured her partner Gerard Piqué, whom she also has a son with. The Colombian singer took to Twitter her promotion of her latest World Cup single by asking her fans to name all of the athletes featured in the video.
"First person to reply with the names of all the footballers in the new video gets a RT!" Shakira posted on her Twitter account.
Shakira has garnered much publicity and attention after collaborating with pop star Rihanna in her single "Can't Remember to Forget You."
The hot and heavy music video showcases both ladies canoodling each other clad in skimpy black bathing suits.
It has been reported that Shakira's partner Piqué is "very territorial" when it comes to Shakira working with other men.
"Since he no longer lets me do videos with men, well, I have to do them with women," the philanthropic singer added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales