World Cup 2014: Shakira Released Unofficial Song Featuring Neymar and Messi
By charmaine corne clutton | May 28, 2014 2:52 PM EST
The 2014 FIFA World Cup is fast approaching as fans and organizers alike gear up for the largest international men's football tournament. To be held at the summery lands of Brazil, the World Cup shall feature 32 of the best football teams of the world to battle it out against each other.
In line with the preparation for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, organizers in Brazil have tapped various artists to promote and publicize the international tournament. For 2014, the organizers tapped rapper Pitbull to lead the official song of the tournament. Titled "We Are One (Ole Ola)," Pitbull features Jennifer Lopez and Brazilian pop star Claudia Leitte in its catchy tune that has since amassed 20 million viewers on Youtube.
Meanwhile, other pop stars have also showed their support for the upcoming international men's football tournament by creating their own tunes for the World Cup. "The Voice" judge Shakira recently released a latest single titled "La LA LA (Brazil 2014)" which features some of the most famous names in football including Radamel Falcao, Cesc Soler, Sergio Agüero, James Rodriquez, Eric Abdal, Neymar and Lionel Messi.
The Colombian singer also featured her partner Gerard Piqué, whom she also has a son with. The Colombian singer took to Twitter her promotion of her latest World Cup single by asking her fans to name all of the athletes featured in the video.
"First person to reply with the names of all the footballers in the new video gets a RT!" Shakira posted on her Twitter account.
Shakira has garnered much publicity and attention after collaborating with pop star Rihanna in her single "Can't Remember to Forget You."
The hot and heavy music video showcases both ladies canoodling each other clad in skimpy black bathing suits.
It has been reported that Shakira's partner Piqué is "very territorial" when it comes to Shakira working with other men.
"Since he no longer lets me do videos with men, well, I have to do them with women," the philanthropic singer added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS