World Cup 2014: Shakira Released Unofficial Song Featuring Neymar and Messi
By charmaine corne clutton | May 28, 2014 2:52 PM EST
The 2014 FIFA World Cup is fast approaching as fans and organizers alike gear up for the largest international men's football tournament. To be held at the summery lands of Brazil, the World Cup shall feature 32 of the best football teams of the world to battle it out against each other.
In line with the preparation for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, organizers in Brazil have tapped various artists to promote and publicize the international tournament. For 2014, the organizers tapped rapper Pitbull to lead the official song of the tournament. Titled "We Are One (Ole Ola)," Pitbull features Jennifer Lopez and Brazilian pop star Claudia Leitte in its catchy tune that has since amassed 20 million viewers on Youtube.
Meanwhile, other pop stars have also showed their support for the upcoming international men's football tournament by creating their own tunes for the World Cup. "The Voice" judge Shakira recently released a latest single titled "La LA LA (Brazil 2014)" which features some of the most famous names in football including Radamel Falcao, Cesc Soler, Sergio Agüero, James Rodriquez, Eric Abdal, Neymar and Lionel Messi.
The Colombian singer also featured her partner Gerard Piqué, whom she also has a son with. The Colombian singer took to Twitter her promotion of her latest World Cup single by asking her fans to name all of the athletes featured in the video.
"First person to reply with the names of all the footballers in the new video gets a RT!" Shakira posted on her Twitter account.
Shakira has garnered much publicity and attention after collaborating with pop star Rihanna in her single "Can't Remember to Forget You."
The hot and heavy music video showcases both ladies canoodling each other clad in skimpy black bathing suits.
It has been reported that Shakira's partner Piqué is "very territorial" when it comes to Shakira working with other men.
"Since he no longer lets me do videos with men, well, I have to do them with women," the philanthropic singer added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight