World Cup 2014: Shakira Released Unofficial Song Featuring Neymar and Messi
By charmaine corne clutton | May 28, 2014 2:52 PM EST
The 2014 FIFA World Cup is fast approaching as fans and organizers alike gear up for the largest international men's football tournament. To be held at the summery lands of Brazil, the World Cup shall feature 32 of the best football teams of the world to battle it out against each other.
In line with the preparation for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, organizers in Brazil have tapped various artists to promote and publicize the international tournament. For 2014, the organizers tapped rapper Pitbull to lead the official song of the tournament. Titled "We Are One (Ole Ola)," Pitbull features Jennifer Lopez and Brazilian pop star Claudia Leitte in its catchy tune that has since amassed 20 million viewers on Youtube.
Meanwhile, other pop stars have also showed their support for the upcoming international men's football tournament by creating their own tunes for the World Cup. "The Voice" judge Shakira recently released a latest single titled "La LA LA (Brazil 2014)" which features some of the most famous names in football including Radamel Falcao, Cesc Soler, Sergio Agüero, James Rodriquez, Eric Abdal, Neymar and Lionel Messi.
The Colombian singer also featured her partner Gerard Piqué, whom she also has a son with. The Colombian singer took to Twitter her promotion of her latest World Cup single by asking her fans to name all of the athletes featured in the video.
"First person to reply with the names of all the footballers in the new video gets a RT!" Shakira posted on her Twitter account.
Shakira has garnered much publicity and attention after collaborating with pop star Rihanna in her single "Can't Remember to Forget You."
The hot and heavy music video showcases both ladies canoodling each other clad in skimpy black bathing suits.
It has been reported that Shakira's partner Piqué is "very territorial" when it comes to Shakira working with other men.
"Since he no longer lets me do videos with men, well, I have to do them with women," the philanthropic singer added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand