'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Evan Peters Talks Quicksilver Role And Accident While Filming
By Tanya Diente | May 28, 2014 2:00 PM EST
Evan Peters' star popularity is soaring, thanks to Bryan Singer, who gave him the role as Quicksilver in the "X-Men" franchise "X-Men: Days of Future Past".
Actor and cast member Evan Peters arrives at the North Hollywood special screening of the television series "American Horror Story" in Los Angeles, California April 18, 2012.
Warning: Spoilers Ahead
Evan Peters, according to Hollywood Reporter, was cast as Quicksilver by Singer because of his work in FX's "American Horror Story". Peters recalled that Singer called him and told him that he is a fan of "American Horror Story," then outright offered him the role. Peters was blown away by the offer, since normally he auditions for his roles and most of the time doesn't get the roles he wants. Now an opportunity for him to play a role in "X-Men: Days of Future Past," even without auditioning, is for him "awesome".
"I was going 'what the hell is going on? This is awesome!" Peters told Hollywood Reporter.
Evan Peters didn't expect that his breakout role as Peter Maximoff aka Quicksilver in "X-Men: Days of Future Past," would be the highlight of the film for most viewers. All he knew was that the character was cool, but none of the special effects that Singer and the crew had planned. While shooting for nine days in Montreal, Peters was told his scene would look really "cool". He finally knew what "cool" meant when he saw the movie before it premiered in New York. Peters claimed he was pleasantly surprised at how good his scene turned out.
Peters has been a fan of the "X-Men" movies according to Comicbook. He grew up watching Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) and Magneto (Ian McKellan), and to finally see them in front of him was nerve-wracking, Peters recalled. In the end, he thought Hugh Jackman, Nicholas Hoult (Beast) and James McAvoy (young Xavier) were "awesome," and really nice guys.
Evan Peters' breakout performance as Quicksilver in "X-Men: Days of Future Past," was his kitchen scene. It was right after he rescues a young Magneto (Michael Fassbender) out of a Pentagon prison. According to Comicbook, Peters had a bruise or two from doing the scene since it was very physical. There were four guards keeping their eyes open while trying to pretend that they're frozen. Peters recalled that he was just running around the guards, pretending to move them. Then there was a particular scene where he lifts the arms of the two guards so their guns would move, and he's supposed to sprint to the other end of the kitchen, to prevent the bullets from hitting Magneto and young Xavier. However, he slipped and fell since there was water all over the floor. Evan Peters also recalled the kitchen scene to be very technical. "There were motion capture camera moves," he said, and shooting was done with a phantom camera that shoots in super slow motion. He said the room was also brighter than any sunny day.
Evan Peters told Hollywood Reporter that when he landed the role, he had to find the right attitude for Quicksilver. He didn't want the mutant to be too caffeinated and too crazy. So he and Singer worked on the mischievous quality of Quicksilver and also on his attitude that he can get away with anything. Peters confessed that he is so happy to be part of the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" and would love to be back on another sequel.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown