Call of Duty Likely to be Linked with Several Teenage Deaths, Coroner Claims
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | May 28, 2014 9:41 AM EST
Call of Duty must be investigated for its influence on children as four teenage boys who killed themselves used to play it on a regular basis in their lifetime, suggests a coroner.
According to coroner John Pollard, it was a great concern for him to know that several hearings which he presided over recently featured the video game. Pollard was a part of the investigations of the victims of serial killer Harold Shipman. He noticed a relation between the adult video game and several teenage deaths. This is not the first time Pollard showed his concern for the game. Earlier he asked parents to discourage their children from using Call of Duty after a 14-year-old boy hanged himself to death.
The most recent hearing is in connection with 16-year-old William Menzies, the brilliant schoolboy who suffocated himself to death in his bedroom. He used to play Call of Duty all the time, Daily Mail reported. William used to study A levels in psychology, politics, physics and biology. He studied in one of the most prestigious grammar schools in UK. There was no known issue of depression or stress in William before he killed himself. His lifeless body was discovered with his hands tied behind his back in his Greater Manchester house. 14-year-old Callum Green hanged himself in February 2012. He and his stepfather had played Call of Duty before he killed himself.
Pollard recorded a suicide verdict for William. "I have to say, and this is after three or four inquests into the deaths of teens, the Call of Duty game seems to be figuring in recent activity before death. It concerns me greatly," he said, "'It has figured in a number of deaths which I'm investigating. I suspect but I don't know because I don't have enough evidence, that William may have been experimenting with something or deliberately intending but we haven't got evidence. There was no note or indication he was feeling down or distressed."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy:Camilla And Princess Eugenie Reportedly Jealous, Claimed Duchess Only Good At Making Babies
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Wants To Have A Big Family With ‘Five Children’ At Anmer Hall Residence- Reports
- ISIS European Teen Jihadists Allegedly Pregnant; New Zealand Silent On Kiwi Jihadist's Request To Return Home
- New Zealand Scientists Dissect Well-Preserved Female Colossal Squid [VIDEO]
- This Model Thinks She Is A Bombshell After Plastic Surgery Costing £30,000 Makes Her Look Like A Sex Toy
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet