EA Sports UFC Release Date Update and New Gameplay Trailer
By Karla Danica Figuerres | May 28, 2014 9:12 AM EST
EA Sports and UFC teamed up to create the aptly named EA Sports UFC, which is built exclusively for new-gen consoles.
Many sports enthusiasts and gamers are earnestly waiting for the release of a new EA Sports title just after the release date of Madden NFL 15 was announced. EA describes the game as the most realistic take on fighting ever achieved. EA Sports UFC is arranged for release in a few weeks and although a number of images of various fighters and some videos have been released already, the real gameplay video of the game wasn't out yet.
Those who have already watched the video can attest that the UFC's television graphics of the game are very similar to watching an actual UFC fight. There is also the voice of the Octagon, Bruce Buffer saying the fighter introductions in his forceful way. There is also the overhead camera fly-in and the look of the fighters getting ready for the fight is the same as the real UFC battle. EA really did its best in giving a true and real life graphics and experiences to the fans of UFC and MMA.
The first UFC game made by the EA Sports banner could be a bridge to the relationship between the two companies, mainly since this could be the last UFC game for now.
Last March, Fortune interviewed EA CEO Andrew Wilson about the decision whether EA Sports UFC will be an annual or every other year release. "Do I think that UFC would be an every year game?" Wilson asked. "I don't know. It feels like it's in that every-other-year mix, but in all honesty we haven't made that decision yet. That really comes down to how long it's going to take to make a great game and when do we think the audience is ready."
Wilson further claimed that there are products to be launched annually, every other year and every four to five years. At present, new GTA games are released every four to five years but the current demand is high. As such, the company is looking at how long it's going to take to build an innovative game in the same genre and when gamers are ready for the release of a next one.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Grimm Season 4 Spoilers: Comic-Con Answers Served, Nick 'Un-Grimmed' Affects His Wesen Friends' Honeymoon
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast