Angelina Jolie Worries Husband Brad Pitt over ‘Maleficent’ Role; Awkward Moments of Her Rehearsals Unveiled
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 28, 2014 8:41 AM EST
'Maleficent' is on its way to cinemas and Angelina Jolie's portrayal of the villain Maleficent is awaited by fans and critics alike. In separate interviews the actress shared her thoughts about being Maleficent, as well as her husband's worries during her rehearsals.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie finally tied the knot in a chapel.
Angelina Jolie says that her long-time husband, Brad Pitt, was worried because of how she prepared for the role of Maleficent in an interview with British daytime television show, "This Morning." Jolie revealed that to get into her character for Disney's retelling of the classic 1959 "Sleeping Beauty," she has undergone a series of unlikely "fails" that instead of being scary, made her character somewhat funny.
In an instance, Jolie, in her "Maleficent" ensemble, went outside her house to rehearse. Unfortunately, the actress banged into a trailer and nearly knocked herself out according to a source. She explains that she was unsure of her neighbours' reactions while she was practicing, but she said that Brad Pitt obviously looked worried for a short period of time.
Some of the methods that Jolie used while rehearsing in their home was shouting to bushes while holding her "Maleficent" staff and wearing horns. She also practiced while giving her kids a night bath, but instead of getting scared, the kids reportedly "couldn't stop laughing."
The award-winning actress is famous for her Hollywood blockbusters, mostly action films that swept the international theatres in sales, but getting the titular role in Disney's retelling of a classic fairy tale "Sleeping Beauty" did not go easy. Jolie invested a lot of efforts on the role and was aided by an acting coach to give justice to the character.
The production team also give the best in preparing for the character as they spent hours on the prosthetics especially on the iconic horns that gave Jolie the finished "Maleficent" look.
With regard to her take on the Disney variety, Jolie said that she has always loved the character "Maleficent" ever since she was a child as she would see princesses "dull." She admitted that though terrified with "Maleficent" as a child, she was "drawn to her" and want to "know more about her."
"Maleficent" will reach the Australian theatres in May 29, 2014. With Angelina Jolie's star power, the film is expected to rake box-office sales. Other stars of the movie are Elle Fanning (Princess Aurora), Sharlto Copley (Stefan), Lesley Manville (Flittle), and Sam Riley (Diaval).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- Nude Photo Leak: Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Hope Solo Latest Victims Of Hacking Attack, Twitter Explodes With Reactions 'Not' In Support Of Kardashian -- Reports
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter