Angelina Jolie Worries Husband Brad Pitt over ‘Maleficent’ Role; Awkward Moments of Her Rehearsals Unveiled
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 28, 2014 8:41 AM EST
'Maleficent' is on its way to cinemas and Angelina Jolie's portrayal of the villain Maleficent is awaited by fans and critics alike. In separate interviews the actress shared her thoughts about being Maleficent, as well as her husband's worries during her rehearsals.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie finally tied the knot in a chapel.
Angelina Jolie says that her long-time husband, Brad Pitt, was worried because of how she prepared for the role of Maleficent in an interview with British daytime television show, "This Morning." Jolie revealed that to get into her character for Disney's retelling of the classic 1959 "Sleeping Beauty," she has undergone a series of unlikely "fails" that instead of being scary, made her character somewhat funny.
In an instance, Jolie, in her "Maleficent" ensemble, went outside her house to rehearse. Unfortunately, the actress banged into a trailer and nearly knocked herself out according to a source. She explains that she was unsure of her neighbours' reactions while she was practicing, but she said that Brad Pitt obviously looked worried for a short period of time.
Some of the methods that Jolie used while rehearsing in their home was shouting to bushes while holding her "Maleficent" staff and wearing horns. She also practiced while giving her kids a night bath, but instead of getting scared, the kids reportedly "couldn't stop laughing."
The award-winning actress is famous for her Hollywood blockbusters, mostly action films that swept the international theatres in sales, but getting the titular role in Disney's retelling of a classic fairy tale "Sleeping Beauty" did not go easy. Jolie invested a lot of efforts on the role and was aided by an acting coach to give justice to the character.
The production team also give the best in preparing for the character as they spent hours on the prosthetics especially on the iconic horns that gave Jolie the finished "Maleficent" look.
With regard to her take on the Disney variety, Jolie said that she has always loved the character "Maleficent" ever since she was a child as she would see princesses "dull." She admitted that though terrified with "Maleficent" as a child, she was "drawn to her" and want to "know more about her."
"Maleficent" will reach the Australian theatres in May 29, 2014. With Angelina Jolie's star power, the film is expected to rake box-office sales. Other stars of the movie are Elle Fanning (Princess Aurora), Sharlto Copley (Stefan), Lesley Manville (Flittle), and Sam Riley (Diaval).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build