Angelina Jolie Worries Husband Brad Pitt over ‘Maleficent’ Role; Awkward Moments of Her Rehearsals Unveiled
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 28, 2014 8:41 AM EST
'Maleficent' is on its way to cinemas and Angelina Jolie's portrayal of the villain Maleficent is awaited by fans and critics alike. In separate interviews the actress shared her thoughts about being Maleficent, as well as her husband's worries during her rehearsals.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie attend the premiere of \"The Normal Heart\" in New York May 12, 2014. REUTERS/Andrew Kelly
Angelina Jolie says that her long-time husband, Brad Pitt, was worried because of how she prepared for the role of Maleficent in an interview with British daytime television show, "This Morning." Jolie revealed that to get into her character for Disney's retelling of the classic 1959 "Sleeping Beauty," she has undergone a series of unlikely "fails" that instead of being scary, made her character somewhat funny.
In an instance, Jolie, in her "Maleficent" ensemble, went outside her house to rehearse. Unfortunately, the actress banged into a trailer and nearly knocked herself out according to a source. She explains that she was unsure of her neighbours' reactions while she was practicing, but she said that Brad Pitt obviously looked worried for a short period of time.
Some of the methods that Jolie used while rehearsing in their home was shouting to bushes while holding her "Maleficent" staff and wearing horns. She also practiced while giving her kids a night bath, but instead of getting scared, the kids reportedly "couldn't stop laughing."
The award-winning actress is famous for her Hollywood blockbusters, mostly action films that swept the international theatres in sales, but getting the titular role in Disney's retelling of a classic fairy tale "Sleeping Beauty" did not go easy. Jolie invested a lot of efforts on the role and was aided by an acting coach to give justice to the character.
The production team also give the best in preparing for the character as they spent hours on the prosthetics especially on the iconic horns that gave Jolie the finished "Maleficent" look.
With regard to her take on the Disney variety, Jolie said that she has always loved the character "Maleficent" ever since she was a child as she would see princesses "dull." She admitted that though terrified with "Maleficent" as a child, she was "drawn to her" and want to "know more about her."
"Maleficent" will reach the Australian theatres in May 29, 2014. With Angelina Jolie's star power, the film is expected to rake box-office sales. Other stars of the movie are Elle Fanning (Princess Aurora), Sharlto Copley (Stefan), Lesley Manville (Flittle), and Sam Riley (Diaval).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand and Arya's Nymeria As Possible Ferocious Forces in New HBO Chapter
- The Bachelor 2014 Update: Nikki Ferrell Sparks Split News Amid Juan Pablo’s Cheating Reports; Find out the Truth
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People