Angelina Jolie Worries Husband Brad Pitt over ‘Maleficent’ Role; Awkward Moments of Her Rehearsals Unveiled
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 28, 2014 8:41 AM EST
'Maleficent' is on its way to cinemas and Angelina Jolie's portrayal of the villain Maleficent is awaited by fans and critics alike. In separate interviews the actress shared her thoughts about being Maleficent, as well as her husband's worries during her rehearsals.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie finally tied the knot in a chapel.
Angelina Jolie says that her long-time husband, Brad Pitt, was worried because of how she prepared for the role of Maleficent in an interview with British daytime television show, "This Morning." Jolie revealed that to get into her character for Disney's retelling of the classic 1959 "Sleeping Beauty," she has undergone a series of unlikely "fails" that instead of being scary, made her character somewhat funny.
In an instance, Jolie, in her "Maleficent" ensemble, went outside her house to rehearse. Unfortunately, the actress banged into a trailer and nearly knocked herself out according to a source. She explains that she was unsure of her neighbours' reactions while she was practicing, but she said that Brad Pitt obviously looked worried for a short period of time.
Some of the methods that Jolie used while rehearsing in their home was shouting to bushes while holding her "Maleficent" staff and wearing horns. She also practiced while giving her kids a night bath, but instead of getting scared, the kids reportedly "couldn't stop laughing."
The award-winning actress is famous for her Hollywood blockbusters, mostly action films that swept the international theatres in sales, but getting the titular role in Disney's retelling of a classic fairy tale "Sleeping Beauty" did not go easy. Jolie invested a lot of efforts on the role and was aided by an acting coach to give justice to the character.
The production team also give the best in preparing for the character as they spent hours on the prosthetics especially on the iconic horns that gave Jolie the finished "Maleficent" look.
With regard to her take on the Disney variety, Jolie said that she has always loved the character "Maleficent" ever since she was a child as she would see princesses "dull." She admitted that though terrified with "Maleficent" as a child, she was "drawn to her" and want to "know more about her."
"Maleficent" will reach the Australian theatres in May 29, 2014. With Angelina Jolie's star power, the film is expected to rake box-office sales. Other stars of the movie are Elle Fanning (Princess Aurora), Sharlto Copley (Stefan), Lesley Manville (Flittle), and Sam Riley (Diaval).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid