Angelina Jolie Worries Husband Brad Pitt over ‘Maleficent’ Role; Awkward Moments of Her Rehearsals Unveiled
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 28, 2014 8:41 AM EST
'Maleficent' is on its way to cinemas and Angelina Jolie's portrayal of the villain Maleficent is awaited by fans and critics alike. In separate interviews the actress shared her thoughts about being Maleficent, as well as her husband's worries during her rehearsals.
Actors Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie finally tied the knot in a chapel.
Angelina Jolie says that her long-time husband, Brad Pitt, was worried because of how she prepared for the role of Maleficent in an interview with British daytime television show, "This Morning." Jolie revealed that to get into her character for Disney's retelling of the classic 1959 "Sleeping Beauty," she has undergone a series of unlikely "fails" that instead of being scary, made her character somewhat funny.
In an instance, Jolie, in her "Maleficent" ensemble, went outside her house to rehearse. Unfortunately, the actress banged into a trailer and nearly knocked herself out according to a source. She explains that she was unsure of her neighbours' reactions while she was practicing, but she said that Brad Pitt obviously looked worried for a short period of time.
Some of the methods that Jolie used while rehearsing in their home was shouting to bushes while holding her "Maleficent" staff and wearing horns. She also practiced while giving her kids a night bath, but instead of getting scared, the kids reportedly "couldn't stop laughing."
The award-winning actress is famous for her Hollywood blockbusters, mostly action films that swept the international theatres in sales, but getting the titular role in Disney's retelling of a classic fairy tale "Sleeping Beauty" did not go easy. Jolie invested a lot of efforts on the role and was aided by an acting coach to give justice to the character.
The production team also give the best in preparing for the character as they spent hours on the prosthetics especially on the iconic horns that gave Jolie the finished "Maleficent" look.
With regard to her take on the Disney variety, Jolie said that she has always loved the character "Maleficent" ever since she was a child as she would see princesses "dull." She admitted that though terrified with "Maleficent" as a child, she was "drawn to her" and want to "know more about her."
"Maleficent" will reach the Australian theatres in May 29, 2014. With Angelina Jolie's star power, the film is expected to rake box-office sales. Other stars of the movie are Elle Fanning (Princess Aurora), Sharlto Copley (Stefan), Lesley Manville (Flittle), and Sam Riley (Diaval).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family