Grigor Dimitrov Visits L’Equipe in France; Interview at Roland Garros 2014 French Open
May 27, 2014 9:26 PM EST
Bulgarian athlete Grigor Dimitrov recently visited the L E'quipe Studios in Paris. Dimitrov is in Paris for the 2014 Roland Garros French Open tournament, where he is seeded eleventh.
L'Equipe, France's nationwide daily newspaper, caught up with Dimitrov and he was delighted to share his happiness of being able to come back and play at the French Open as well as the best places to go to in the European nation.
"It's nice to be out here, obviously I know my way around here and it's a great feeling to be on a home soil, sort of," said Dimitrov. "It's an exciting time ahead of me and I'm looking forward to my first round at the Open and hopefully, everything goes well for me."
France is one of the beautiful places in the world. According to the Dimitrov, who recently celebrated his 23rd birthday, the Louvre museum with its incomparable collection of French paintings, carving, and ancient art, is one of the places to go to. In addition to the Louvre, Dimitrov said that the Notre Dame Church and the infamous French landmark Eiffel Tower.
Dimitrov faced Ivo Karlovic in the first round match of the 2014 French Open. "I have played him last week, obviously, he's not an easy player to play against."
"We all know how Ivo can serve and how he can play so it's not an easy first round for me." Nonetheless, Dimitrov said that he likes his "chances." Dimitrov recently played and won against Karlovic in the second round of the recently concluded Italian Open.
"I'm happy to be here so I just want to get on and come to court, give my 100 percent, and hope everything goes well."
Click here to watch Dimitrov's visit at the L'Equipe Studios as posted on Association of Tennis Professional's (ATP) official YouTube channel.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June