Grigor Dimitrov Visits L’Equipe in France; Interview at Roland Garros 2014 French Open
May 27, 2014 9:26 PM EST
Bulgarian athlete Grigor Dimitrov recently visited the L E'quipe Studios in Paris. Dimitrov is in Paris for the 2014 Roland Garros French Open tournament, where he is seeded eleventh.
L'Equipe, France's nationwide daily newspaper, caught up with Dimitrov and he was delighted to share his happiness of being able to come back and play at the French Open as well as the best places to go to in the European nation.
"It's nice to be out here, obviously I know my way around here and it's a great feeling to be on a home soil, sort of," said Dimitrov. "It's an exciting time ahead of me and I'm looking forward to my first round at the Open and hopefully, everything goes well for me."
France is one of the beautiful places in the world. According to the Dimitrov, who recently celebrated his 23rd birthday, the Louvre museum with its incomparable collection of French paintings, carving, and ancient art, is one of the places to go to. In addition to the Louvre, Dimitrov said that the Notre Dame Church and the infamous French landmark Eiffel Tower.
Dimitrov faced Ivo Karlovic in the first round match of the 2014 French Open. "I have played him last week, obviously, he's not an easy player to play against."
"We all know how Ivo can serve and how he can play so it's not an easy first round for me." Nonetheless, Dimitrov said that he likes his "chances." Dimitrov recently played and won against Karlovic in the second round of the recently concluded Italian Open.
"I'm happy to be here so I just want to get on and come to court, give my 100 percent, and hope everything goes well."
Click here to watch Dimitrov's visit at the L'Equipe Studios as posted on Association of Tennis Professional's (ATP) official YouTube channel.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More