‘Downton Abbey’ News: George Clooney Visits Set of Season 5, Plans to Rent the Castle for Wedding
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 27, 2014 8:27 PM EST
George Clooney reportedly took his fiancée, Amal Alamuddin, to the set of "Downton Abbey." The popular British period drama series is currently shooting Season 5 in Surrey.
The Sun reported that Clooney turned up at his fiancée's place, unannounced. He gave her just ten-minutes to pack and then took her to a surprise visit to Surrey. The newly engaged couple visited "Downton Abbey" set. According to reports, it is one of Alamuddin's favourite shows. She found Clooney's unplanned act romantic.
"George took Amal completely by surprise. He turned up at nearly midnight after jetting into Heathrow," a source said to The Sun, as quoted by Mail Online. "George literally told Amal to grab some clothes before they jumped in a cab down to Surrey."
"She thought it was so romantic, she loves how unpredictable he is. The set visit to Downton Abbey was the icing on the cake of a crazy few hours."
Clooney and Alamuddin, who recently celebrated their engagement at Cafe Habana in Malibu, are expected to get married in September. Mail Online has reported that this profile wedding may take place in Highclere Castle, which is the home of "Downton Abbey" family.
Citing a source, Mail Online reported that Clooney and Huge Bonneville, who portrays the role of Lord Robert Crawley in the show, became close friends when the two did "Monuments Men" together last year.
"He contacted Hugh and asked him to arrange a private tour of the castle. Amal was blown away," the source said to Mail Online.
"When he [Clooney] saw his bride-to-be's reaction to the spectacular Victorian castle, set on 1,000 acres of parkland, he began making some discrete inquires about having their wedding performed there. And he was told they would be most happy to accommodate them!"
The source also said that Clooney loves the idea of getting married at the castle, as it is a glamorous place he could secure secure.
The 8th Lord and Lady Carnarvon and their family currently live in Highclere, a residence of the Carnarvon family since 1679. The weddings are allowed and the prices to get parts of the castle alone, begin at about $23,000 for one night, according to Mail Online.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic's Beckett To See Nathan Fillion's Rick 'On A Sugar Rush' Again [REVIEW]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery