‘Downton Abbey’ News: George Clooney Visits Set of Season 5, Plans to Rent the Castle for Wedding
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 27, 2014 8:27 PM EST
George Clooney reportedly took his fiancée, Amal Alamuddin, to the set of "Downton Abbey." The popular British period drama series is currently shooting Season 5 in Surrey.
The Sun reported that Clooney turned up at his fiancée's place, unannounced. He gave her just ten-minutes to pack and then took her to a surprise visit to Surrey. The newly engaged couple visited "Downton Abbey" set. According to reports, it is one of Alamuddin's favourite shows. She found Clooney's unplanned act romantic.
"George took Amal completely by surprise. He turned up at nearly midnight after jetting into Heathrow," a source said to The Sun, as quoted by Mail Online. "George literally told Amal to grab some clothes before they jumped in a cab down to Surrey."
"She thought it was so romantic, she loves how unpredictable he is. The set visit to Downton Abbey was the icing on the cake of a crazy few hours."
Clooney and Alamuddin, who recently celebrated their engagement at Cafe Habana in Malibu, are expected to get married in September. Mail Online has reported that this profile wedding may take place in Highclere Castle, which is the home of "Downton Abbey" family.
Citing a source, Mail Online reported that Clooney and Huge Bonneville, who portrays the role of Lord Robert Crawley in the show, became close friends when the two did "Monuments Men" together last year.
"He contacted Hugh and asked him to arrange a private tour of the castle. Amal was blown away," the source said to Mail Online.
"When he [Clooney] saw his bride-to-be's reaction to the spectacular Victorian castle, set on 1,000 acres of parkland, he began making some discrete inquires about having their wedding performed there. And he was told they would be most happy to accommodate them!"
The source also said that Clooney loves the idea of getting married at the castle, as it is a glamorous place he could secure secure.
The 8th Lord and Lady Carnarvon and their family currently live in Highclere, a residence of the Carnarvon family since 1679. The weddings are allowed and the prices to get parts of the castle alone, begin at about $23,000 for one night, according to Mail Online.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- 'CSI Crime Scene Investigation' Season 15 Recap: Episode 7 ‘Road to Recovery' Aired On Nov. 23, 2014, A Girl In A Rehabilitation Facility Ends Up Dead In A Pool And The ‘CSI Las Vegas’ Team Investigated Her Death [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James