‘Downton Abbey’ News: George Clooney Visits Set of Season 5, Plans to Rent the Castle for Wedding
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 27, 2014 8:27 PM EST
George Clooney reportedly took his fiancée, Amal Alamuddin, to the set of "Downton Abbey." The popular British period drama series is currently shooting Season 5 in Surrey.
The Sun reported that Clooney turned up at his fiancée's place, unannounced. He gave her just ten-minutes to pack and then took her to a surprise visit to Surrey. The newly engaged couple visited "Downton Abbey" set. According to reports, it is one of Alamuddin's favourite shows. She found Clooney's unplanned act romantic.
"George took Amal completely by surprise. He turned up at nearly midnight after jetting into Heathrow," a source said to The Sun, as quoted by Mail Online. "George literally told Amal to grab some clothes before they jumped in a cab down to Surrey."
"She thought it was so romantic, she loves how unpredictable he is. The set visit to Downton Abbey was the icing on the cake of a crazy few hours."
Clooney and Alamuddin, who recently celebrated their engagement at Cafe Habana in Malibu, are expected to get married in September. Mail Online has reported that this profile wedding may take place in Highclere Castle, which is the home of "Downton Abbey" family.
Citing a source, Mail Online reported that Clooney and Huge Bonneville, who portrays the role of Lord Robert Crawley in the show, became close friends when the two did "Monuments Men" together last year.
"He contacted Hugh and asked him to arrange a private tour of the castle. Amal was blown away," the source said to Mail Online.
"When he [Clooney] saw his bride-to-be's reaction to the spectacular Victorian castle, set on 1,000 acres of parkland, he began making some discrete inquires about having their wedding performed there. And he was told they would be most happy to accommodate them!"
The source also said that Clooney loves the idea of getting married at the castle, as it is a glamorous place he could secure secure.
The 8th Lord and Lady Carnarvon and their family currently live in Highclere, a residence of the Carnarvon family since 1679. The weddings are allowed and the prices to get parts of the castle alone, begin at about $23,000 for one night, according to Mail Online.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- New Zealand Medicine Products Sector To Get Own Regulator::Drops Plan For A Joint Regulator With Australia
- Canada's Ontario Students Score High Rank In Global Survey Of Computer Skills