‘Downton Abbey’ News: George Clooney Visits Set of Season 5, Plans to Rent the Castle for Wedding
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 27, 2014 8:27 PM EST
George Clooney reportedly took his fiancée, Amal Alamuddin, to the set of "Downton Abbey." The popular British period drama series is currently shooting Season 5 in Surrey.
The Sun reported that Clooney turned up at his fiancée's place, unannounced. He gave her just ten-minutes to pack and then took her to a surprise visit to Surrey. The newly engaged couple visited "Downton Abbey" set. According to reports, it is one of Alamuddin's favourite shows. She found Clooney's unplanned act romantic.
"George took Amal completely by surprise. He turned up at nearly midnight after jetting into Heathrow," a source said to The Sun, as quoted by Mail Online. "George literally told Amal to grab some clothes before they jumped in a cab down to Surrey."
"She thought it was so romantic, she loves how unpredictable he is. The set visit to Downton Abbey was the icing on the cake of a crazy few hours."
Clooney and Alamuddin, who recently celebrated their engagement at Cafe Habana in Malibu, are expected to get married in September. Mail Online has reported that this profile wedding may take place in Highclere Castle, which is the home of "Downton Abbey" family.
Citing a source, Mail Online reported that Clooney and Huge Bonneville, who portrays the role of Lord Robert Crawley in the show, became close friends when the two did "Monuments Men" together last year.
"He contacted Hugh and asked him to arrange a private tour of the castle. Amal was blown away," the source said to Mail Online.
"When he [Clooney] saw his bride-to-be's reaction to the spectacular Victorian castle, set on 1,000 acres of parkland, he began making some discrete inquires about having their wedding performed there. And he was told they would be most happy to accommodate them!"
The source also said that Clooney loves the idea of getting married at the castle, as it is a glamorous place he could secure secure.
The 8th Lord and Lady Carnarvon and their family currently live in Highclere, a residence of the Carnarvon family since 1679. The weddings are allowed and the prices to get parts of the castle alone, begin at about $23,000 for one night, according to Mail Online.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet