‘Downton Abbey’ News: George Clooney Visits Set of Season 5, Plans to Rent the Castle for Wedding
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 27, 2014 8:27 PM EST
George Clooney reportedly took his fiancée, Amal Alamuddin, to the set of "Downton Abbey." The popular British period drama series is currently shooting Season 5 in Surrey.
The Sun reported that Clooney turned up at his fiancée's place, unannounced. He gave her just ten-minutes to pack and then took her to a surprise visit to Surrey. The newly engaged couple visited "Downton Abbey" set. According to reports, it is one of Alamuddin's favourite shows. She found Clooney's unplanned act romantic.
"George took Amal completely by surprise. He turned up at nearly midnight after jetting into Heathrow," a source said to The Sun, as quoted by Mail Online. "George literally told Amal to grab some clothes before they jumped in a cab down to Surrey."
"She thought it was so romantic, she loves how unpredictable he is. The set visit to Downton Abbey was the icing on the cake of a crazy few hours."
Clooney and Alamuddin, who recently celebrated their engagement at Cafe Habana in Malibu, are expected to get married in September. Mail Online has reported that this profile wedding may take place in Highclere Castle, which is the home of "Downton Abbey" family.
Citing a source, Mail Online reported that Clooney and Huge Bonneville, who portrays the role of Lord Robert Crawley in the show, became close friends when the two did "Monuments Men" together last year.
"He contacted Hugh and asked him to arrange a private tour of the castle. Amal was blown away," the source said to Mail Online.
"When he [Clooney] saw his bride-to-be's reaction to the spectacular Victorian castle, set on 1,000 acres of parkland, he began making some discrete inquires about having their wedding performed there. And he was told they would be most happy to accommodate them!"
The source also said that Clooney loves the idea of getting married at the castle, as it is a glamorous place he could secure secure.
The 8th Lord and Lady Carnarvon and their family currently live in Highclere, a residence of the Carnarvon family since 1679. The weddings are allowed and the prices to get parts of the castle alone, begin at about $23,000 for one night, according to Mail Online.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko