'The Bachelor, Australia' News: Blake Garvey's Past with Non-Sleazy, Male Entertainment Provider Surfaces
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 27, 2014 8:23 PM EST
Perth based Blake Garvey has been introduced as the bachelor for the new edition of "The Bachelor, Australia." He is a real-estate auctioneer, according to his bio on Network Ten. The bio, however, does not mention that he was involved with Alpha Male Entertainment.
Network Ten has confirmed that Garvey was associated with Alpha Male Entertainment. "Network Ten can confirm that Blake was involved with Alpha Male Entertainment before being cast as Ten's 2014 Bachelor," network executives said in a statement, as quoted by Sydney Morning Herald.
According to Alpha Male Entertainment's site, it is a non-sleazy, male entertainment provider for hens' parties, ladies nights and birthday parties. The site says that it provides "Perth's best topless male waiters and strippers as well as hens night venue packages."
Sydney Morning Herald (SMH) reports that a photo featuring a topless Garvey serving food was posted on "Bachelor, Australia" Facebook page. "They love the topless waiters!" the photo caption said, as quoted by SMH. However, the photo was soon removed and can no longer be seen.
Garvey will not be the first bachelor who has a topless past. Sydney based chiropractor, Tim Robards, who featured in the first edition of "The Bachelor, Australia," had worked as a topless model and waiter for topless events.
Robards found the love of his life, Anna, on the reality show. Their relationship has been going strong ever since Tim gave Anna the final rose in the "The Bachelor, Australia" finale. The two seem inseparable and completely in love.
Garvey has yet to meet "the one" and believes that his ideal girl is around the corner. 24 women will try to woo him and get his attention and the coveted red rose.
"During the casting process, we asked thousands of eligible young women what they were looking for and Blake met every criteria and more," Stephen Tate, head of entertainment and factual programming at Network TEN.
He said that they met Blake quite early in the casting process and he instantly set the level. "By the end of the national casting tour, he was still head and shoulders above the rest."
"The Bachelor, Australia" Series 2 is currently in production stage. Ten has not yet announced the premiere date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best