'The Bachelor, Australia' News: Blake Garvey's Past with Non-Sleazy, Male Entertainment Provider Surfaces
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 27, 2014 8:23 PM EST
Perth based Blake Garvey has been introduced as the bachelor for the new edition of "The Bachelor, Australia." He is a real-estate auctioneer, according to his bio on Network Ten. The bio, however, does not mention that he was involved with Alpha Male Entertainment.
Network Ten has confirmed that Garvey was associated with Alpha Male Entertainment. "Network Ten can confirm that Blake was involved with Alpha Male Entertainment before being cast as Ten's 2014 Bachelor," network executives said in a statement, as quoted by Sydney Morning Herald.
According to Alpha Male Entertainment's site, it is a non-sleazy, male entertainment provider for hens' parties, ladies nights and birthday parties. The site says that it provides "Perth's best topless male waiters and strippers as well as hens night venue packages."
Sydney Morning Herald (SMH) reports that a photo featuring a topless Garvey serving food was posted on "Bachelor, Australia" Facebook page. "They love the topless waiters!" the photo caption said, as quoted by SMH. However, the photo was soon removed and can no longer be seen.
Garvey will not be the first bachelor who has a topless past. Sydney based chiropractor, Tim Robards, who featured in the first edition of "The Bachelor, Australia," had worked as a topless model and waiter for topless events.
Robards found the love of his life, Anna, on the reality show. Their relationship has been going strong ever since Tim gave Anna the final rose in the "The Bachelor, Australia" finale. The two seem inseparable and completely in love.
Garvey has yet to meet "the one" and believes that his ideal girl is around the corner. 24 women will try to woo him and get his attention and the coveted red rose.
"During the casting process, we asked thousands of eligible young women what they were looking for and Blake met every criteria and more," Stephen Tate, head of entertainment and factual programming at Network TEN.
He said that they met Blake quite early in the casting process and he instantly set the level. "By the end of the national casting tour, he was still head and shoulders above the rest."
"The Bachelor, Australia" Series 2 is currently in production stage. Ten has not yet announced the premiere date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On