'The Bachelor, Australia' News: Blake Garvey's Past with Non-Sleazy, Male Entertainment Provider Surfaces
By Anshu Shrivastava | May 27, 2014 8:23 PM EST
Perth based Blake Garvey has been introduced as the bachelor for the new edition of "The Bachelor, Australia." He is a real-estate auctioneer, according to his bio on Network Ten. The bio, however, does not mention that he was involved with Alpha Male Entertainment.
Network Ten has confirmed that Garvey was associated with Alpha Male Entertainment. "Network Ten can confirm that Blake was involved with Alpha Male Entertainment before being cast as Ten's 2014 Bachelor," network executives said in a statement, as quoted by Sydney Morning Herald.
According to Alpha Male Entertainment's site, it is a non-sleazy, male entertainment provider for hens' parties, ladies nights and birthday parties. The site says that it provides "Perth's best topless male waiters and strippers as well as hens night venue packages."
Sydney Morning Herald (SMH) reports that a photo featuring a topless Garvey serving food was posted on "Bachelor, Australia" Facebook page. "They love the topless waiters!" the photo caption said, as quoted by SMH. However, the photo was soon removed and can no longer be seen.
Garvey will not be the first bachelor who has a topless past. Sydney based chiropractor, Tim Robards, who featured in the first edition of "The Bachelor, Australia," had worked as a topless model and waiter for topless events.
Robards found the love of his life, Anna, on the reality show. Their relationship has been going strong ever since Tim gave Anna the final rose in the "The Bachelor, Australia" finale. The two seem inseparable and completely in love.
Garvey has yet to meet "the one" and believes that his ideal girl is around the corner. 24 women will try to woo him and get his attention and the coveted red rose.
"During the casting process, we asked thousands of eligible young women what they were looking for and Blake met every criteria and more," Stephen Tate, head of entertainment and factual programming at Network TEN.
He said that they met Blake quite early in the casting process and he instantly set the level. "By the end of the national casting tour, he was still head and shoulders above the rest."
"The Bachelor, Australia" Series 2 is currently in production stage. Ten has not yet announced the premiere date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight