6 Summer Movies One Can’t Afford to Miss: ‘The Fault In Our Stars,’ ‘Maleficent,’ ‘Transformers: Age of Extinction’ [VIDEOS]
By Riza Ornos | May 27, 2014 8:20 PM EST
The sizzling heat of the summer sun is not just the perfect time for beach but also the best time to check out what's in store for summer movies. "Godzilla" and "X-Men: Days of Future Past" came roaring to kick off movies' summer festival, but it doesn't end there for there's an awesome line-up of movies for you to check out.
Movies that range from dragon-training, sleep-inducing spell, super-hero fighting and heart-warming films that will make summer even more colorful. Here the 6 films one can't afford to miss this summer.
One of Disney's hated character, Angelina Jolie plays "Sleeping Beauty" villain in the live-action dark fantasy film "Maleficent." The high-anticipated Disney movie tells the other side of "Sleeping Beauty's" story explaining why the evil witch put a curse on Princess Aurora. The movie opens in theater on May 30.
"The Fault In Our Stars"
Known as John Green's one sick love story, "The Fault In Our Stars" follows a story about two teenage cancer survivors who find refuge in each other's arm. "Divergent" stars Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort plays the two lead who bond over a novel. The movie will hit theaters on June 6.
"How To Train Your Dragon 2"
A sequel to "How To Train Your Dragon," the movie tells a story of the young Viking Hiccup and his dragon friend toothless and they discovered a whole wide world of dragons, and the people who lived among them. A 3D computer-animated action adventure comedy fantasy film, "How To Train Your Dragon 2" will take place five years after the first film, featuring the voices of Kristin Wiig, Kit Harrington, Cate Blanchett, Jonah Hill, Gerard Butler, America Ferrera and funny man Jay Baruchel. The movie premiere on June 13.
"22 Jump Street"
A sequel of the 2012 blockbuster hit "21 Jump Street," the movie unites the pairing of Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum as undercover police officers Schmidt and Jenko. Thanks to their bizarre chemistry the original movie was hailed as the Best Comedy of the Year, will they retain the same action and comedy this time around? Find out on June 13.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction"
Directed by Michael Bay, the new "Transformers" movie takes places years after the wonton destruction of Chicago in "Transformer: Dark of the Moon." But the big twist now is Shia LaBeouf and the rest of the cast will not be in the movie but Bay's "Pain & Gain" collaborator Mark Wahlberg taking the lead. Watch out for Wahlberg and the Autobots adventure on June 7 as the movie hit the theaters.
"Guardians of the Galaxy"
An all-star cast, "Guardians of the Galaxy" follows an American pilot Peter Quill played by Chris Pratt who was hunted by Ronan the Accuser played by Lee Pace after he steals an orb. Quill teams up with a group of alien misfits played by Zoe Saldana, Bradley Cooper, Dave Bautista and Vin Diesel. The movie will debut in the big screen on Aug. 1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu