'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Stefan to Go Through Character-Defining Journey with Caroline
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 27, 2014 7:06 PM EST
Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley) was really devastated after losing his brother Damon (Ian Somerhalder) when the Other Side collapsed in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 finale. Caroline (Candice Accola) is expected to be next to Stefan during this difficult time but executive producer Julie Plec teased that the blonde vampire's presence may not be enough to fill the empty space that Damon left in Stefan's life.
Paul Wesley plays Stefan Salvatore in the CW show "The Vampire Diaries."
"The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 has strengthened the bond between Stefan and Caroline. Fans can recall how the two vampires have been there for each other since Season 2 when Stefan helped Caroline in the journey of her new life as a vampire.
In Season 5, it was Caroline's turn to help Stefan deal with his trauma from drowning while locked up in a safe for three months. The two continue to share tender moments in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 like talking while lying down next to each other in Episode 17 titled "Rescue Me."
However, the TVD executive producer's latest comments to TV Guide hint that Caroline may not be able to fully help Stefan in Season 6. "It's really a character-defining journey for Stefan and it'll change him quite a lot. At what point does he decide to give up or keep searching for answers?" Julie Plec teased.
The Entertainment Weekly interview with Julie Plec revealed that the characters in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 will be dealing with Damon and Bonnie (Kat Graham) gone forever. "Some are in denial, some are still searching for answers," Plec shared.
The executive producer further teased that each character's reaction to Damon and Bonnie's death will be the focus of the new season's beginning. It has been confirmed that Damon and Bonnie will still appear in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 but Julie Plec did not give the details like how and when it will happen.
Plec revealed to Entertainment Weekly that there are a million ways to bring back Damon Salvatore and Bonnie Bennett but as far as how and where to do it is all part of the CW TV series' mystery. "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 is expected to return in October 2014 on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Lexi to Appear Again in Flashbacks - [READ]
Paul Wesley: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor to Direct Again in Season 6, Reveals Stefan and Caroline Should Have a 'Sexy Time' in New Season - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: New Female Character to Arrive at Mystic Falls, What Happens to Stefan, Elena and Alaric in New Season - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales