'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Stefan to Go Through Character-Defining Journey with Caroline
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 27, 2014 7:06 PM EST
Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley) was really devastated after losing his brother Damon (Ian Somerhalder) when the Other Side collapsed in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 finale. Caroline (Candice Accola) is expected to be next to Stefan during this difficult time but executive producer Julie Plec teased that the blonde vampire's presence may not be enough to fill the empty space that Damon left in Stefan's life.
Paul Wesley plays Stefan Salvatore in the CW show "The Vampire Diaries."
"The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 has strengthened the bond between Stefan and Caroline. Fans can recall how the two vampires have been there for each other since Season 2 when Stefan helped Caroline in the journey of her new life as a vampire.
In Season 5, it was Caroline's turn to help Stefan deal with his trauma from drowning while locked up in a safe for three months. The two continue to share tender moments in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 like talking while lying down next to each other in Episode 17 titled "Rescue Me."
However, the TVD executive producer's latest comments to TV Guide hint that Caroline may not be able to fully help Stefan in Season 6. "It's really a character-defining journey for Stefan and it'll change him quite a lot. At what point does he decide to give up or keep searching for answers?" Julie Plec teased.
The Entertainment Weekly interview with Julie Plec revealed that the characters in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 will be dealing with Damon and Bonnie (Kat Graham) gone forever. "Some are in denial, some are still searching for answers," Plec shared.
The executive producer further teased that each character's reaction to Damon and Bonnie's death will be the focus of the new season's beginning. It has been confirmed that Damon and Bonnie will still appear in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 but Julie Plec did not give the details like how and when it will happen.
Plec revealed to Entertainment Weekly that there are a million ways to bring back Damon Salvatore and Bonnie Bennett but as far as how and where to do it is all part of the CW TV series' mystery. "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 is expected to return in October 2014 on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Lexi to Appear Again in Flashbacks - [READ]
Paul Wesley: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor to Direct Again in Season 6, Reveals Stefan and Caroline Should Have a 'Sexy Time' in New Season - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: New Female Character to Arrive at Mystic Falls, What Happens to Stefan, Elena and Alaric in New Season - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff