'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Stefan to Go Through Character-Defining Journey with Caroline
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 27, 2014 7:06 PM EST
Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley) was really devastated after losing his brother Damon (Ian Somerhalder) when the Other Side collapsed in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 finale. Caroline (Candice Accola) is expected to be next to Stefan during this difficult time but executive producer Julie Plec teased that the blonde vampire's presence may not be enough to fill the empty space that Damon left in Stefan's life.
Paul Wesley plays Stefan Salvatore in the CW show "The Vampire Diaries."
"The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 has strengthened the bond between Stefan and Caroline. Fans can recall how the two vampires have been there for each other since Season 2 when Stefan helped Caroline in the journey of her new life as a vampire.
In Season 5, it was Caroline's turn to help Stefan deal with his trauma from drowning while locked up in a safe for three months. The two continue to share tender moments in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5 like talking while lying down next to each other in Episode 17 titled "Rescue Me."
However, the TVD executive producer's latest comments to TV Guide hint that Caroline may not be able to fully help Stefan in Season 6. "It's really a character-defining journey for Stefan and it'll change him quite a lot. At what point does he decide to give up or keep searching for answers?" Julie Plec teased.
The Entertainment Weekly interview with Julie Plec revealed that the characters in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 will be dealing with Damon and Bonnie (Kat Graham) gone forever. "Some are in denial, some are still searching for answers," Plec shared.
The executive producer further teased that each character's reaction to Damon and Bonnie's death will be the focus of the new season's beginning. It has been confirmed that Damon and Bonnie will still appear in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 but Julie Plec did not give the details like how and when it will happen.
Plec revealed to Entertainment Weekly that there are a million ways to bring back Damon Salvatore and Bonnie Bennett but as far as how and where to do it is all part of the CW TV series' mystery. "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 is expected to return in October 2014 on the CW Network.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Lexi to Appear Again in Flashbacks - [READ]
Paul Wesley: 'Vampire Diaries' Actor to Direct Again in Season 6, Reveals Stefan and Caroline Should Have a 'Sexy Time' in New Season - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: New Female Character to Arrive at Mystic Falls, What Happens to Stefan, Elena and Alaric in New Season - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga