Batman vs. Superman News: Actor Adrien Brody Interested in Portraying 'The Joker'
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 27, 2014 5:18 PM EST
Cinematographer Larry Fong recently posted on Twitter an image that excited the fans and created the buzz on the villain character "The Joker" appearing in the "Man of Steel 2" film officially titled "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice." Actor Adrien Brody expressed his interest in portraying "The Joker" on the big screen after failing to land the role in Christopher Nolan's "Dark Knight" trilogy.
According to the Design & Trend report, the Academy Award-winning actor was considered to be the Joker in "The Dark Knight" but Australian actor Heath Ledger walked away with the role of the villain character. Adrien Brody, 41, now claims he still wants to portray the character if given the chance.
"I would do it if I feel I can contribute something valuable and that the role would be interesting to me because they're long journeys," the actor shared to Metro at the Cannes Film Festival. Brody further shared that villains are way fun to portray but he does not get offers for those roles.
"If there is an opportunity to do something like that and play a comic book hero or villain, that's not something I'm fundamentally opposed to," Adrien Brody stated. In the meantime, the actor has been cast as Charles V in the upcoming historical epic movie titled "Emperor" directed by Lee Tamahori.
In the io9 report, Larry Fong's shared image showed a playing card stuck on a concrete with the face of the card not shown. The report further noted that the cinematographer shared the image on Twitter because he knew that the fans would get the message he was conveying. Click HERE to see photo.
There is a possibility that film director Zack Snyder will include the Joker in the Batman vs. Superman film in addition to the growing list of characters. Snyder has ignited fan speculations as well when he posted an image on Twitter where the Joker's face can be seen in the Batmobile.
Zack Snyder and screenwriter David Goyer return for the movie sequel starring Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot and Jesse Eisenberg. The "Batman v Superman" film worldwide release is set on May 6, 2016.
More Articles to Read:
'Man of Steel 2' News: Cinematographer Larry Fong Shares Photo on Twitter Teasing About 'The Joker' - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' News: Actor Jesse Eisenberg to Have Unique Performance for Villain Character Lex Luthor in Batman vs. Superman Film - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' Casting News: 'Game of Thrones' Actor Jason Momoa Sees Himself as Lobo than Aquaman in Batman vs. Superman Film [WATCH VIDEO] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu