Batman vs. Superman News: Actor Adrien Brody Interested in Portraying 'The Joker'
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 27, 2014 5:18 PM EST
Cinematographer Larry Fong recently posted on Twitter an image that excited the fans and created the buzz on the villain character "The Joker" appearing in the "Man of Steel 2" film officially titled "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice." Actor Adrien Brody expressed his interest in portraying "The Joker" on the big screen after failing to land the role in Christopher Nolan's "Dark Knight" trilogy.
According to the Design & Trend report, the Academy Award-winning actor was considered to be the Joker in "The Dark Knight" but Australian actor Heath Ledger walked away with the role of the villain character. Adrien Brody, 41, now claims he still wants to portray the character if given the chance.
"I would do it if I feel I can contribute something valuable and that the role would be interesting to me because they're long journeys," the actor shared to Metro at the Cannes Film Festival. Brody further shared that villains are way fun to portray but he does not get offers for those roles.
"If there is an opportunity to do something like that and play a comic book hero or villain, that's not something I'm fundamentally opposed to," Adrien Brody stated. In the meantime, the actor has been cast as Charles V in the upcoming historical epic movie titled "Emperor" directed by Lee Tamahori.
In the io9 report, Larry Fong's shared image showed a playing card stuck on a concrete with the face of the card not shown. The report further noted that the cinematographer shared the image on Twitter because he knew that the fans would get the message he was conveying. Click HERE to see photo.
There is a possibility that film director Zack Snyder will include the Joker in the Batman vs. Superman film in addition to the growing list of characters. Snyder has ignited fan speculations as well when he posted an image on Twitter where the Joker's face can be seen in the Batmobile.
Zack Snyder and screenwriter David Goyer return for the movie sequel starring Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot and Jesse Eisenberg. The "Batman v Superman" film worldwide release is set on May 6, 2016.
More Articles to Read:
'Man of Steel 2' News: Cinematographer Larry Fong Shares Photo on Twitter Teasing About 'The Joker' - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' News: Actor Jesse Eisenberg to Have Unique Performance for Villain Character Lex Luthor in Batman vs. Superman Film - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' Casting News: 'Game of Thrones' Actor Jason Momoa Sees Himself as Lobo than Aquaman in Batman vs. Superman Film [WATCH VIDEO] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence