Batman vs. Superman News: Actor Adrien Brody Interested in Portraying 'The Joker'
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 27, 2014 5:18 PM EST
Cinematographer Larry Fong recently posted on Twitter an image that excited the fans and created the buzz on the villain character "The Joker" appearing in the "Man of Steel 2" film officially titled "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice." Actor Adrien Brody expressed his interest in portraying "The Joker" on the big screen after failing to land the role in Christopher Nolan's "Dark Knight" trilogy.
According to the Design & Trend report, the Academy Award-winning actor was considered to be the Joker in "The Dark Knight" but Australian actor Heath Ledger walked away with the role of the villain character. Adrien Brody, 41, now claims he still wants to portray the character if given the chance.
"I would do it if I feel I can contribute something valuable and that the role would be interesting to me because they're long journeys," the actor shared to Metro at the Cannes Film Festival. Brody further shared that villains are way fun to portray but he does not get offers for those roles.
"If there is an opportunity to do something like that and play a comic book hero or villain, that's not something I'm fundamentally opposed to," Adrien Brody stated. In the meantime, the actor has been cast as Charles V in the upcoming historical epic movie titled "Emperor" directed by Lee Tamahori.
In the io9 report, Larry Fong's shared image showed a playing card stuck on a concrete with the face of the card not shown. The report further noted that the cinematographer shared the image on Twitter because he knew that the fans would get the message he was conveying. Click HERE to see photo.
There is a possibility that film director Zack Snyder will include the Joker in the Batman vs. Superman film in addition to the growing list of characters. Snyder has ignited fan speculations as well when he posted an image on Twitter where the Joker's face can be seen in the Batmobile.
Zack Snyder and screenwriter David Goyer return for the movie sequel starring Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot and Jesse Eisenberg. The "Batman v Superman" film worldwide release is set on May 6, 2016.
More Articles to Read:
'Man of Steel 2' News: Cinematographer Larry Fong Shares Photo on Twitter Teasing About 'The Joker' - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' News: Actor Jesse Eisenberg to Have Unique Performance for Villain Character Lex Luthor in Batman vs. Superman Film - [READ]
'Man of Steel 2' Casting News: 'Game of Thrones' Actor Jason Momoa Sees Himself as Lobo than Aquaman in Batman vs. Superman Film [WATCH VIDEO] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast