Samsung Confirms Galaxy Note 4 Bendable Display, Release Date and Killer Features
By Precious Silva | May 27, 2014 4:03 PM EST
For the past few weeks, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has been making the headlines. Previously, sources have only cited leads and predictions from analysts and industry observers. This time, a Samsung executive confirms the flexible display form factor the Galaxy Note 4. The device is expected to drop around September during the 2014 IFA. Will Galaxy Note 4 be the killer that many expect it to be?
A man is silhouetted against a video screen with Apple and Samsung logos as he poses with a Samsung S4 smartphone in the central Bosnian town of Zenica, in this August 14, 2013 file photo illustration. A U.S. jury on May 2, 2014, ordered Samsung Electronics Co Ltd to pay $119.6 million to Apple Inc, after it found the South Korean smartphone maker had infringed two Apple patents. During the month-long trial in a San Jose, California, federal court, Apple accused Samsung of violating patents on smartphone features including universal search, while Samsung denied wrongdoing. REUTERS/Dado Ruvic/Files
Samsung's Vice President of Mobile Division, Lee Younghee, confirmed the company's plan in including a flexible display to the upcoming Galaxy Note 4. Nonetheless, the Samsung executive did say that the company is still working on the device. There might be changes along the way. Until then, it is still best for people to wait for further announcements from Samsung.
There have been numerous reports supporting the idea of the Note 4 packing on a three-sided flexible display. Yoon Han-Kil, Senior Vice President of Product Strategy of Samsung previously hinted about a new form factor for the Note 4.
"Our ultimate goal is to make products that consumers really aspire to have. This is how we are trying to find a breakthrough in the stagnant premium market," Yoon explained.
Samsung has also published a series of patents supporting the use of a three-sided display. The display's orientation can also promise users more convenient notification system. Trusted Reviews pointed out that users should not expect the flexible display of the Note 4 to be like the Samsung Galaxy Round or the LG G Flex. The Note 4's form factor may be slightly different from the mentioned devices.
As for the processor, Vice President of marketing for Samsung's LSI business, Kyushik Hong, told CNET that the company has been working actively on developing the 64-bit architecture. Considering the 3GB RAM of the Note 3, the Note 4 may feature at least 4GB of RAM.
ET News reported before that Samsung plans to include a 20MP primary camera on the Note 4. The Samsung Galaxy S5 features a 16MP camera already so an increase in camera megapixels for the Note 4 is possible.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes