HTC One M8: 5 Tips and Tricks to Improve Battery Life and Solve Battery Issues
By jaskiran kaur | May 27, 2014 3:46 PM EST
HTC One M8 comes with best of features. Along with that this android machine may also come with a problem of battery life. HTC has come a long way with its new models that are equipped with upmarket specs. This phone is powered with Android OS 4.4.2 KitKat, Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 chipset, 2.3 GHZ quad core krait 400 processor and non-removable Li-Pro 2600 mAh battery. It is essential for the users to do their best to extend their battery life to enjoy the long life of their luxurious smartphone that costs them a whopping $699. Here are some tips and tricks to improve battery life of your HTC One M8.
1. Check the Display Brightness: First and the foremost thing that one can do to save the battery and improve its life is to lower the display brightness. This can be done by looking in for display options in the settings menu. It will take some time to get used to it, but this trick can enable the smartphone to consume less battery. HTC One M8 comes with five brightness settings options: Auto, Lowest, One Coloured Line, Two Coloured Lines and Three Coloured Lines. While auto offers to use the battery efficiently, lowest maximises battery life. These settings are quick to perform and assist in preserving battery.
2. Switching Off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: This is quite obvious, but holds the key to improve the battery life of HTC One M8. When not in use, turn of the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Do the same with mobile data, NFC and GPS to extract the best performance of this device's battery. Be advised to use Wi-Fi over cellular data network. Connecting to wireless network uses less battery power than mobile data connectivity, which can prove to be costlier too.
3. Alter CPU Settings: The Power Saver option puts on the ideal settings for HTC One M8 since everything here is preset. It essentially takes care of four things: CPU Power, Display (brightness), Vibration and Data connectivity. Checking CPU power will ensure effective use of CPU.
4. Screen Timeout and Sleep Mode: Check screen timeout options and set it to turn off after a minute or so of inactivity. This trick will definitely preserve phone's energy, enhancing its battery life. Also, when the phone is not in use, remember to lock it immediately. Furthermore, you can opt for Sleep Mode in Power Saver option. This automatically puts off the data connection when phone has been inactive for a long time.
5. Managing Applications of HTC One M8: Apps such as games, video players and music players tend to consume more battery. So, keep a check on apps and observe what drains the battery the most. Also, using two heavy apps at the same time leads to faster drainage of the battery. To improve battery life, 'Stop' those apps that are running in the background but not being used at that time. For that feature, one can go to settings menu and look for 'Apps' where one can find 'Running' apps. Tap 'Stop' on the ones that are not in being used. This will save and improve battery life of HTC One M8.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- The Release of Xperia Z3 is Nearing Sony Slashes Price of the Xperia Z2 by $200
- The Best Smartphones Yet To Be Released in 2014
- Samsung’s Smartwatch to Have Mobile Payment and Fingerprint Scanner in 2015
- Google Nexus 9 Know More About the Size of its Battery
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional