‘Sailor Moon’ Uncut and Remastered; New Episodes Air to Hulu Plus Every Monday [Watch Trailer]
By Jenille Cristy Maido | May 27, 2014 3:28 PM EST
The 90's classic anime/manga series, "Sailor Moon," is being set up to be streamed on Hulu which would be the first time to be broadcasted in the U.S. for over a decade.
The subscription service Web site has started airing the show since it was slated on May 19. It featured the first four episodes, all of which were uncut and remastered.
Fans of the "Sailor Moon" could send their thanks to Viz Media, the show's primary distributor, and the company behind the series' remastering and creation of subtitles. Every Monday, Hulu offers new episodes for the U.S. viewers. Viz Media gained Northern American distribution rights when they acquired the franchise from the Tokyo-based Toei Animation Co, a source claims.
The licensed deal includes 200 episodes of the series that stretched for five seasons, which also included three films and different tie-in specials.
The first few episodes of the series will be subtitled in English, and a brand new cast is set to take over the following episodes. On the other hand, the dubbing will not alter anything from the series. Story wise, the names of the characters in the anime will remain as it is, as well as their relationships with one another.
The series originally aired in the U.S. during the 90s; however, the entire season was not released due to the anime's "questionable" content according to CNET. Furthermore, there were several cuts and edits that led to many changes, including lesbian characters introduced as cousins.
"Sailor Moon" is one of the most popular cartoon shows in the 90s. The story revolves on the teen girls who utilize their superpowers to fight evil and save the world. "Sailor Moon" started the boom of anime across the U.S. television as the series notably paved the way for other anime shows.
Meanwhile, a Japanese version is also set for release in Japan on July 5 with a total of 26 episodes. The series is entitled "Sailor Moon Crystal," and Viz Media also acquired the rights for its telecast. The company also disclosed that it will be releasing a limited edition DVD and Blu-ray sets of the series on the latter part of 2014.
Following Viz Media's announcement to air the series, the distribution company released an official trailer featuring the new voice of Usagi Tsukino, the teen who transforms as "Sailor Moon."
[Watch Sailor Moon Official Announcement Trailer]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying