Matt Bomer: 'The Normal Heart' Actor Talks about Weight Loss and Reaction of His Kids for HBO Drama Film
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 27, 2014 3:14 PM EST
Actor Matt Bomer had to change his physical appearance in the HBO drama film titled "The Normal Heart" where he portrayed co-star Mark Ruffalo's lover who contracted AIDS. The "White Collar" star talked about his weight loss for the film and how his kids reacted to his thin appearance.
Aside from preparing himself in losing 30 pounds for the role of Felix Turner, Matt Bomer revealed that he also had to prepare his three sons with spouse Simon Halls on his dramatic weight loss. The E!Online News report claims the 36-year-old actor wanted to make sure that his kids know their father is still in good health.
Matt Bomer shared that he even spoke to a professional who taught him how to tell his children about the weight loss in a language that the boys could really understand. The kids had a great response and showed support for their father's work by cheering him on.
In the Vulture interview, the "Magic Mike" actor recounted how his sons reacted to his skinny look. "I remember, at one point I had lost 25 or 30 pounds and I came home, and it's such a testament to childhood imagination, because they were like, 'Oh, I thought you were going to be skinnier than that.' And I was like, 'Hey, I'm working here!'" Matt Bomer revealed.
The actor further talked about his physical transformation in the HIV Plus magazine interview. Matt Bomer revealed that he had to leave his family behind and live on his own in New York City for the really aggressive weight loss.
He added that being separated from his loved ones felt it was for the best until he finished his project so the experience could make him more focused in portraying his character. Matt Bomer explained that the separation helped him in getting into his character Felix's head in a way that he did not have the chance to do with the other characters he portrayed before.
"The Normal Heart" stars Mark Ruffalo, Matt Bomer, Julia Roberts and Taylor Kitsch. The Ryan Murphy TV drama film written by Larry Kramer debuted on HBO on May 25, 2014.
More Articles to Read:
Matt Bomer Admits He's Married, Talks About Role on 'The Normal Heart' - [READ]
'Fifty Shades of Grey' Fan Favourite Matt Bomer Opens Up About Secret Marriage with Simon Halls - [READ]
Matt Bomer: 'White Collar' Actor Featured in HBO's 'The Normal Heart' Teaser Trailer, Shares On-Screen Kiss with Co-Star Mark Ruffalo [WATCH VIDEO] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?