'X-Men: Days Of Future Past' Post-Credits Scenes: 'Apocalypse,' the Next Great Villain for the 'X-Men' Film Sequel [VIDEO]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 27, 2014 2:53 PM EST
"X-Men: Days Of Future Past" featured a very short scene showing a hooded grey-skinned mutant erecting the ancient pyramids, after the movie credits rolled out. Official announcements say the "Days of Future Past's" post-credits teaser leads to the projected 2016 "X-Men: Apocalypse."
'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Cast member Hugh Jackman and Fan Bingbing take photos as Peter Dinklage (L) waves to fans at the South East Asia premiere of X-Men: Days Of Future Past in Singapore May 14, 2014.
Fans and viewers didn't immediately walk out of the cinemas because they know Marvel always treats its viewers with a teaser at the end of the credits. To people who haven't read the comics, or at least watched the 'X-Men' cartoons before, they are left baffled with the mysterious mutant who was being worshipped by thousands of followers. He was also shown building the pyramids using only his mind. The camera focuses around to reveal the cloaked teenager whose skin is completely grey.
Comic book readers say that the young man in the post credits scene is certainly "Apocalypse." The followers' chants "En Sabah Nur," means his human name, Apocalypse. He is a 5000-year-old mutant, who is the first one in recorded history.
Apocalypse grew in the philosophy of survival of the fittest - to the extreme. The Akkaba Clan quickly bowed down to Apocalypse in ancient times because of his overwhelming powers. Apocalypse's powers are strength, speed, flight, teleportation, invulnerability, telekinesis, and immortality. He can also change his body size, and shoot destructive energy blasts.
The next X-men sequel was described as a disaster movie by writer Simon Kinberg. "The thing that we've spent the most time talking about is not just the visual execution of the character, which is its own challenge - creating a character that's the most powerful I think of any mutant villain that we've seen in the X-Men movies so far, more powerful than Magneto," said Kinberg in a post from Comicbook.com.
Kinberg further excites viewers by saying that the destruction Apocalypse will bring is at an extinction level. He added that it will be the first time that an X-Men movie franchise will delve into a widespread worldwide destruction premise.
The directors and producers are planning to give Apocalypse an emotional and philosophical background. Kinberg added that Apocalypse won't be bent on destroying the world just for the sake of being a villain. The massive villain will have a compelling and justifiable philosophy for his plans and actions in the next X-Men movie due 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists