'X-Men: Days Of Future Past' Post-Credits Scenes: 'Apocalypse,' the Next Great Villain for the 'X-Men' Film Sequel [VIDEO]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 27, 2014 2:53 PM EST
"X-Men: Days Of Future Past" featured a very short scene showing a hooded grey-skinned mutant erecting the ancient pyramids, after the movie credits rolled out. Official announcements say the "Days of Future Past's" post-credits teaser leads to the projected 2016 "X-Men: Apocalypse."
'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Cast member Hugh Jackman and Fan Bingbing take photos as Peter Dinklage (L) waves to fans at the South East Asia premiere of X-Men: Days Of Future Past in Singapore May 14, 2014.
Fans and viewers didn't immediately walk out of the cinemas because they know Marvel always treats its viewers with a teaser at the end of the credits. To people who haven't read the comics, or at least watched the 'X-Men' cartoons before, they are left baffled with the mysterious mutant who was being worshipped by thousands of followers. He was also shown building the pyramids using only his mind. The camera focuses around to reveal the cloaked teenager whose skin is completely grey.
Comic book readers say that the young man in the post credits scene is certainly "Apocalypse." The followers' chants "En Sabah Nur," means his human name, Apocalypse. He is a 5000-year-old mutant, who is the first one in recorded history.
Apocalypse grew in the philosophy of survival of the fittest - to the extreme. The Akkaba Clan quickly bowed down to Apocalypse in ancient times because of his overwhelming powers. Apocalypse's powers are strength, speed, flight, teleportation, invulnerability, telekinesis, and immortality. He can also change his body size, and shoot destructive energy blasts.
The next X-men sequel was described as a disaster movie by writer Simon Kinberg. "The thing that we've spent the most time talking about is not just the visual execution of the character, which is its own challenge - creating a character that's the most powerful I think of any mutant villain that we've seen in the X-Men movies so far, more powerful than Magneto," said Kinberg in a post from Comicbook.com.
Kinberg further excites viewers by saying that the destruction Apocalypse will bring is at an extinction level. He added that it will be the first time that an X-Men movie franchise will delve into a widespread worldwide destruction premise.
The directors and producers are planning to give Apocalypse an emotional and philosophical background. Kinberg added that Apocalypse won't be bent on destroying the world just for the sake of being a villain. The massive villain will have a compelling and justifiable philosophy for his plans and actions in the next X-Men movie due 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date