'X-Men: Days Of Future Past' Post-Credits Scenes: 'Apocalypse,' the Next Great Villain for the 'X-Men' Film Sequel [VIDEO]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 27, 2014 2:53 PM EST
"X-Men: Days Of Future Past" featured a very short scene showing a hooded grey-skinned mutant erecting the ancient pyramids, after the movie credits rolled out. Official announcements say the "Days of Future Past's" post-credits teaser leads to the projected 2016 "X-Men: Apocalypse."
'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Cast member Hugh Jackman and Fan Bingbing take photos as Peter Dinklage (L) waves to fans at the South East Asia premiere of X-Men: Days Of Future Past in Singapore May 14, 2014.
Fans and viewers didn't immediately walk out of the cinemas because they know Marvel always treats its viewers with a teaser at the end of the credits. To people who haven't read the comics, or at least watched the 'X-Men' cartoons before, they are left baffled with the mysterious mutant who was being worshipped by thousands of followers. He was also shown building the pyramids using only his mind. The camera focuses around to reveal the cloaked teenager whose skin is completely grey.
Comic book readers say that the young man in the post credits scene is certainly "Apocalypse." The followers' chants "En Sabah Nur," means his human name, Apocalypse. He is a 5000-year-old mutant, who is the first one in recorded history.
Apocalypse grew in the philosophy of survival of the fittest - to the extreme. The Akkaba Clan quickly bowed down to Apocalypse in ancient times because of his overwhelming powers. Apocalypse's powers are strength, speed, flight, teleportation, invulnerability, telekinesis, and immortality. He can also change his body size, and shoot destructive energy blasts.
The next X-men sequel was described as a disaster movie by writer Simon Kinberg. "The thing that we've spent the most time talking about is not just the visual execution of the character, which is its own challenge - creating a character that's the most powerful I think of any mutant villain that we've seen in the X-Men movies so far, more powerful than Magneto," said Kinberg in a post from Comicbook.com.
Kinberg further excites viewers by saying that the destruction Apocalypse will bring is at an extinction level. He added that it will be the first time that an X-Men movie franchise will delve into a widespread worldwide destruction premise.
The directors and producers are planning to give Apocalypse an emotional and philosophical background. Kinberg added that Apocalypse won't be bent on destroying the world just for the sake of being a villain. The massive villain will have a compelling and justifiable philosophy for his plans and actions in the next X-Men movie due 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports