'X-Men: Days Of Future Past' Post-Credits Scenes: 'Apocalypse,' the Next Great Villain for the 'X-Men' Film Sequel [VIDEO]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 27, 2014 2:53 PM EST
"X-Men: Days Of Future Past" featured a very short scene showing a hooded grey-skinned mutant erecting the ancient pyramids, after the movie credits rolled out. Official announcements say the "Days of Future Past's" post-credits teaser leads to the projected 2016 "X-Men: Apocalypse."
'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Cast member Hugh Jackman and Fan Bingbing take photos as Peter Dinklage (L) waves to fans at the South East Asia premiere of X-Men: Days Of Future Past in Singapore May 14, 2014.
Fans and viewers didn't immediately walk out of the cinemas because they know Marvel always treats its viewers with a teaser at the end of the credits. To people who haven't read the comics, or at least watched the 'X-Men' cartoons before, they are left baffled with the mysterious mutant who was being worshipped by thousands of followers. He was also shown building the pyramids using only his mind. The camera focuses around to reveal the cloaked teenager whose skin is completely grey.
Comic book readers say that the young man in the post credits scene is certainly "Apocalypse." The followers' chants "En Sabah Nur," means his human name, Apocalypse. He is a 5000-year-old mutant, who is the first one in recorded history.
Apocalypse grew in the philosophy of survival of the fittest - to the extreme. The Akkaba Clan quickly bowed down to Apocalypse in ancient times because of his overwhelming powers. Apocalypse's powers are strength, speed, flight, teleportation, invulnerability, telekinesis, and immortality. He can also change his body size, and shoot destructive energy blasts.
The next X-men sequel was described as a disaster movie by writer Simon Kinberg. "The thing that we've spent the most time talking about is not just the visual execution of the character, which is its own challenge - creating a character that's the most powerful I think of any mutant villain that we've seen in the X-Men movies so far, more powerful than Magneto," said Kinberg in a post from Comicbook.com.
Kinberg further excites viewers by saying that the destruction Apocalypse will bring is at an extinction level. He added that it will be the first time that an X-Men movie franchise will delve into a widespread worldwide destruction premise.
The directors and producers are planning to give Apocalypse an emotional and philosophical background. Kinberg added that Apocalypse won't be bent on destroying the world just for the sake of being a villain. The massive villain will have a compelling and justifiable philosophy for his plans and actions in the next X-Men movie due 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales