Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roadmap: HTC, LG, Motorola, Samsung and Sony Eligible Devices
By Ryan Inoyori | May 27, 2014 1:51 PM EST
Android 4.4.3 KitKat was released for Nexus 5 to resolve a camera bug and address other issues from previous Android KitKat versions. And so manufacturers are now planning to implement the same on their devices. Here is the overview of Android 4.4.3 KitKat roadmap hinting eligible devices.
HTC One Series
HTC One 2013 and 2014 are both eligible for Android 4.4.3 KitKat including their relatives, HTC One Max and One Mini. HTC One 2013 users can now download the Android KitKat firmware from respective network carriers in the United States and United Kingdom.
Moreover, HTC One Developer and Google Play Edition are also eligible for Android 4.4.3 KitKat while HTC Droid DNA and Butterfly S are still waiting for the first Android KitKat firmware. If HTC pushes it soon, the two smartphones may become eligible for version 4.4.3.
Sadly, former flagship smartphones HTC One X+ and One X have been excluded from the roadmap due to driver issues.
LG G and Optimus Line
LG is now focusing on delivering Android KitKat for various smartphones. LG G Flex already received the new firmware in South Korea followed by the worldwide update. LG G2 is also eligible and the firmware has been made available from various network carriers in the United States.
Other devices planned for Android 4.4 KitKat which will also jump straight away from Android 4.3 Jelly Bean are:
- Optimus F3, F6, F7
- G Pad 8.3
- G Pro Lite
- Optimus L9 2
- Optimus VU 2 and 3
LG is expected to release Android KitKat for the next batch of eligible devices starting from July to September 2014.
Most of Motorola's current smartphones are now running Android KitKat OS which can be easily upgraded to Android 4.4.3 version due to near-vanilla user interface. Moto X and Moto G are both primary recipients of the latest Android KitKat and expected to be followed by Moto E.
- Android 4.4 KitKat default enhancements such as new user interface styles, immersive mode, more emoji support, improved security and better power management.
- Updates on the Dialler and Messaging apps.
- Built-in photo editor on the default Gallery app.
- Cloud printing service using Google hosted printers and HP ePrinters.
Samsung Galaxy Line
Samsung's latest flagship Galaxy S5 has been spotted being tested to the latest Android 4.4.3 KitKat which likely to happen on Galaxy S4. Galaxy Note 3 is no doubt getting a major firmware update followed by the latest Galaxy Note slates.
Here are the devices hinted out by insiders receiving Android KitKat this year:
1. Galaxy S4 Active, S4 Mini, S4 Zoom
2. Galaxy Note 10.1 and Note 10.1 2014 Edition
3. Galaxy Note 8.0
4. Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 and 7.0
5. Galaxy Mega 5.8 and 6.3
6. Galaxy Grand
7. Galaxy Express 2
Former flagship devices Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S3 4G are now receiving Android 4.4.2 KitKat with new TouchWiz UI. However, Galaxy S3 3G and S3 Mini are out from the list due to hardware issues and expired software support.
Sony Xperia Line
Sony Mobile is now seeding Android 4.4.2 KitKat with unified Smart Social Camera and Xperia Home UI to various Xperia devices. Initially released for Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact then followed by the latest batch - Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR and Xperia Z Tablet.
After finishing the Xperia Z series, Sony will push out the new firmware on Xperia T2 Ultra, Xperia M2 and Xperia E1 smartphones around July. Android 4.4.3 KitKat is likely to be rolled out first on Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1, following the same pattern with Android 4.4.2.
For the middle-range smartphones, Xperia SP, Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia V are still under investigation for Android KitKat upgrade and Sony Mobile has not yet released any confirmation or denial regarding the software development.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- 'Assassin's Creed' Update: 'Unity' And 'Rogue' Not A Multiplayer Player Game, Ubisoft Confirms
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Update: 4 Feature Upgrades That Really Matter