‘Days of Our Lives’ Spoilers: 'DOOL's’ James Scott’s Exit Planned; Find Out What Happens to EJ DiMera
By jaskiran kaur | May 27, 2014 1:39 PM EST
NBC's long-running, fan-favourite daily soap opera "Days of Our Lives" (DOOL or Days) is undergoing some major cast shakeup. In the past, few actors who portrayed vital characters have announced their exit. This left fans shocked and anxious. In Jan. 2014, Alison Sweeney announced her departure, which was followed by announcement of James Scott's exit in May. [Warning: Potential spoilers ahead!]
James Scott and Alison Sweeney portrayed show's central characters. Scott has played the role of the son of crime lord EJ DiMera for eight years. As for Sweeney, she portrayed Sami Brady ever since the character first appeared on the show. She was celebrating her 21st year in "Days of Our Lives" when Sweeney spilled the beans on the sets of "Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Jan. 21, 2014, according to New York Daily News.
As for Scott's exit, it was backed by a controversy. On his spring vacation to Peru, Scott "hung out with shamans and smoked hallucinogens," reported Showbizspy411. It was inferred consuming hallucinogens may have influenced his decision of abruptly quitting the show.
Ever since the news came out, fans have been anxious about exiting storylines of these actors' characters. Not much is known about how Sami would be written off the script. As for Sami's fiancé EJ DiMera, fans have been quick to pick some clues that maybe indicating James Scott's exit.
Even though there are no confirmations of how he will exit the show yet, fans have picked some hints to conclude that. According to Celebrity Dirty Laundry, a photo of Sweeney on one of her last taping days in the DiMera mansion holds possible leads. The picture that shows Sweeney posing in DiMera mansion also shows a photo of EJ in the background with what looks to be an urn. Fans are assuming that EJ may be killed off in the end.
It is said Scott's announcement was so sudden that writers were left with no time to script an appropriate soap-opera- style exit for EJ. In such a scenario, killing EJ appears to be the next best alternative what they may have opted for. James Scott is replaced or EJ DiMera is killed remains to be seen. What do you think? Will he be killed off or a new actor will take over the iconic role?
For more spoilers and information on "Days of Our Lives" (Days), read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales