Pitman High's Brett Nichols aka 'Michael Jackson' Kid Gets Interviewed by Local Media, and CNN [VIDEO]
By Daniel Joseph Cruz | May 27, 2014 1:38 PM EST
Brett Nichols, the talented young high school junior from Pitman High School took his viral-video fame to another level on Thursday, May 22. After Nichols' dance rendition of the late Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" went viral, he has finally caught the media's attention. He's also possibly looking to guest in a popular talk show in the U.S. soon.
Nichols fame all started when his astounding performance was captured and uploaded on YouTube. The footage shows Pitman High School's talent show and the students who participates in it. In the video, Nichols outperforms the others with his flawless Billie Jean routine, especially pulling off the popular "moonwalk."
Before riding a private car that is headed to CNN on Thursday, Nichols generously obliged for an interview with Turlock Journal, the local community's bi-weekly newspaper publication.
According to the interview, Nichols started watching the late King of Pop's videos when he was five years old. The 17-year old high school junior honed his dance routines for nine years. Nichols has already performed the Billie Jean routine during sixth grade, but not as good as in the recent video.
"It's unbelievable. Thousands of guys can be found doing Michael Jackson videos on YouTube, but everyone is struck by how he is able to capture it," said Pitman Principal Rod Hollars. "I don't know what happened in that gym but Nichols captured the moment and the spirit of the talent show," in a report by Elizabeth Arakelian of Turlock Journal.
Nichols loved Michael Jackson's music since he discovered it on 2001. "When I didn't feel like working out I would dance because it's the perfect form of exercise. It's fun and before I knew it I would be tired and three hours had passed," added Nichols in the interview.
During Nichols' interview with CNN, he was asked how he learned the routine and performed a "spitting image" of the late pop star. Nichols answered that since YouTube came up and short films about Michael Jackson were easy to find, he studied them closely for many years until he perfected the routine.
When he was asked if he improved the MJ routine from the first time he performed it during the sixth grade up to now, Nichols humbly answered "yeah, very much yes."
According to the Turlock Journal, "The Ellen DeGeneres Show's" producers have already contacted Nichols for a guest appearance but, "the filming schedule made it impossible to connect with the popular dancing host for this season."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]