Samsung Galaxy S5 Update on T-Mobile Paused, a New Galaxy S4 with Android 4.4 Kitkat Launched
By Gel Galang | May 27, 2014 1:20 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 owners with a T-Mobile subscription may have to wait a little longer for the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update, as the over-the-air and Kies via Wi-Fi updates have been paused with no further details as to why or when it will kick start again.
The 131-MB update is supposedly a minor bug fix, but instead of being rolled out efficiently, Android Police reports this has been halted a day after the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update was announced on the T-Mobile page.
The announcement can be found in the official support page for T-Mobile, which was last updated over the weekend:
"The Samsung Galaxy S5 Software update to G900TUVU1ANE5 via OTA or Kies has been paused. This post will be updated when further details are available."
At first, it was announced the Samsung Galaxy S5 will be getting the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update, with the expected improvement targeting the intermittently incoming SMS/MMS failure and no new features.
According to the report, one possible reason for the pause is that users who have recently downloaded the update were seeing a decrease in data speeds to 1 MB after the update was completed. The problem seems to be more of a case-to-case basis rather than a massive issue, but it's better to find a cure or remedy for this instead of rolling it out to a wider audience.
Keep checking the T-Mobile support page for possible changes or new announcements regarding the software update and to know the general guidelines for downloading the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update.
A New Samsung Galaxy S4 Now With More Value?
The Samsung Galaxy S4 is not yet dead despite the ongoing rolling out of Samsung Galaxy S5 sales. In fact, a new version of the last iteration of the Galaxy series called the Samsung Galaxy S4 Value Edition has been launched, albeit in a very quiet manner.
According to Gadgets NDTV, this device is already out in The Netherlands for €398. The "value" part here does not come in the form of any improvements in the hardware. Rather, the only difference with the Samsung Galaxy S4 is that it already runs on the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat OS before users even take it out of the box—meaning, it will land the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat by any means.
Still, since this device is yet to be announced officially, details are scarce at best, with no release dates in sight. The odd thing, however, is the original Samsung Galaxy S4 is also lined up to receive the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat updates, which will technically render a "Value Edition" release rather useless. However, there is the possibility it will have a lower price tag or an added feature that has yet to reach the public.
Read more tech and gaming news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3