How to Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to Smooth and Stable Android 4.4.2 KitKat Using C-RoM
By Ryan Inoyori | May 27, 2014 1:06 PM EST
C-RoM custom firmware designed for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 features Android 4.4.2 KitKat built from AOSP sources that retained the vanilla UI, reduced the animations and transitions while keeping powerful customisation options for users, as reviewed by Team Android.
C-RoM sports customisation options such as pie, Halo, application bar, dark theme, active display, floating windows, gesture controls, animation controls and application sidebar.
1. Use C-RoM for the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 only.
2. Manually backup all data files and personal settings stored on your phablet.
3. Battery life should be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption during the flash.
4. Download and install all the required USB drivers for Galaxy Note N7000 on your computer.
5. Enable USB debugging mode on your Galaxy Note N7000.
6. Root your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 and then install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod recovery.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on your Galaxy Note N7000. Manual ROM flash requires proper installation or it may damage the device. Read and follow the instructions properly. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the C-RoM and Google Apps zip files to the external storage of your phablet. Do not extract any of the zip files.
3. Disconnect your device from the computer and then switch it off.
4. Reboot into Recovery Mode. Press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power keys at the same time till you see the Samsung logo.
5. As an option, create a NANDroid backup of the current ROM by selecting "backup and restore > backup." A copy of the ROM will be saved on the microSD card which you may restore anytime.
6. Perform a full wipe on your Galaxy Note N7000 by selecting "clear data/factory reset" and "clear cache partition." After that, select "advanced > clear Dalvik cache."
7. Install the C-RoM custom firmware by selecting "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > select the C-RoM file > confirm installation." Apply the same method with the Google Apps package.
8. Once the installation has been completed, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now."
9. It may take up to five minutes before the device reaches the home screen as it runs the new firmware for the first time.
Well done! Your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 is now running Android 4.4.2 KitKat using C-RoM custom firmware.
If you have any comments or bugs, send your feedback to Team Android official C-RoM thread for Galaxy Note N7000.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Players Can Get The Free Character Boost Now And Still Upgrade To The Collector's Edition On Nov. 13, 2014, Plus The Horde Chopper Mount Will Only Be Available Until Sept. 30, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]