How to Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to Smooth and Stable Android 4.4.2 KitKat Using C-RoM
By Ryan Inoyori | May 27, 2014 1:06 PM EST
C-RoM custom firmware designed for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 features Android 4.4.2 KitKat built from AOSP sources that retained the vanilla UI, reduced the animations and transitions while keeping powerful customisation options for users, as reviewed by Team Android.
C-RoM sports customisation options such as pie, Halo, application bar, dark theme, active display, floating windows, gesture controls, animation controls and application sidebar.
1. Use C-RoM for the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 only.
2. Manually backup all data files and personal settings stored on your phablet.
3. Battery life should be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption during the flash.
4. Download and install all the required USB drivers for Galaxy Note N7000 on your computer.
5. Enable USB debugging mode on your Galaxy Note N7000.
6. Root your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 and then install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod recovery.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on your Galaxy Note N7000. Manual ROM flash requires proper installation or it may damage the device. Read and follow the instructions properly. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the C-RoM and Google Apps zip files to the external storage of your phablet. Do not extract any of the zip files.
3. Disconnect your device from the computer and then switch it off.
4. Reboot into Recovery Mode. Press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power keys at the same time till you see the Samsung logo.
5. As an option, create a NANDroid backup of the current ROM by selecting "backup and restore > backup." A copy of the ROM will be saved on the microSD card which you may restore anytime.
6. Perform a full wipe on your Galaxy Note N7000 by selecting "clear data/factory reset" and "clear cache partition." After that, select "advanced > clear Dalvik cache."
7. Install the C-RoM custom firmware by selecting "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > select the C-RoM file > confirm installation." Apply the same method with the Google Apps package.
8. Once the installation has been completed, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now."
9. It may take up to five minutes before the device reaches the home screen as it runs the new firmware for the first time.
Well done! Your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 is now running Android 4.4.2 KitKat using C-RoM custom firmware.
If you have any comments or bugs, send your feedback to Team Android official C-RoM thread for Galaxy Note N7000.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon