How to Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to Smooth and Stable Android 4.4.2 KitKat Using C-RoM
By Ryan Inoyori | May 27, 2014 1:06 PM EST
C-RoM custom firmware designed for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 features Android 4.4.2 KitKat built from AOSP sources that retained the vanilla UI, reduced the animations and transitions while keeping powerful customisation options for users, as reviewed by Team Android.
C-RoM sports customisation options such as pie, Halo, application bar, dark theme, active display, floating windows, gesture controls, animation controls and application sidebar.
1. Use C-RoM for the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 only.
2. Manually backup all data files and personal settings stored on your phablet.
3. Battery life should be at least 50 per cent to avoid power interruption during the flash.
4. Download and install all the required USB drivers for Galaxy Note N7000 on your computer.
5. Enable USB debugging mode on your Galaxy Note N7000.
6. Root your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 and then install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod recovery.
Warning: We are not responsible for any errors which may occur on your Galaxy Note N7000. Manual ROM flash requires proper installation or it may damage the device. Read and follow the instructions properly. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to the computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the C-RoM and Google Apps zip files to the external storage of your phablet. Do not extract any of the zip files.
3. Disconnect your device from the computer and then switch it off.
4. Reboot into Recovery Mode. Press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power keys at the same time till you see the Samsung logo.
5. As an option, create a NANDroid backup of the current ROM by selecting "backup and restore > backup." A copy of the ROM will be saved on the microSD card which you may restore anytime.
6. Perform a full wipe on your Galaxy Note N7000 by selecting "clear data/factory reset" and "clear cache partition." After that, select "advanced > clear Dalvik cache."
7. Install the C-RoM custom firmware by selecting "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > select the C-RoM file > confirm installation." Apply the same method with the Google Apps package.
8. Once the installation has been completed, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now."
9. It may take up to five minutes before the device reaches the home screen as it runs the new firmware for the first time.
Well done! Your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 is now running Android 4.4.2 KitKat using C-RoM custom firmware.
If you have any comments or bugs, send your feedback to Team Android official C-RoM thread for Galaxy Note N7000.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation