‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’ vs. ‘Battlefield 4’: A Look at the Villain and PS Plus for BF4
By Gel Galang | May 27, 2014 12:09 PM EST
When the reveal trailer for "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" was first shown, there was a pleasant surprise all around when the very familiar face looking stern and saying "Democracy!" turned out to really be Kevin Spacey, the award-winning actor.
But instead of a coincidence, developer Sledgehammer Games didn't even seem to have a list of the possible voice actors who could play the role of Jonathan Irons, the CEO and villain of "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare." And according to Sledgehammer Games founders Michael Condrey and Glenn Schofield, this decision came even before "House of Cards," where Spacey plays a similar role to Irons.
"Right from the get-go, he was number one. It was a long, drawn-out process trying to get somebody that big to do a video game and explaining it to him," said Schofield to Game Informer.
"When we thought we were [landing Spacey]--because it took a long time--we started to write things in his voice a little bit. We pictured him doing it. We never really put anybody else's face in there."
According to the report, the timing was just impeccable, with Spacey wanting to pursue more options beyond acting in Hollywood and the "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" in need of someone who is exactly Kevin Spacey, it seemed like a match made in gamer heaven.
And more than lending voice to the character, he also managed to serve as a pretty good inspiration for the crew and cast involved in the latest "Call of Duty" installment.
Check out Spacey in all his acting glory--voice, face, and all--in this reveal trailer for "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare."
"Battlefield 4" Free on PS Plus
Starting May 27, Battlefield 4 will be offered for free for those with a PlayStation Plus membership and are in the North America territory.
"If you're a PlayStation owner and curious about the all-out warfare in 'Battlefield 4, you're in for a treat," said Vincent Vukovic, community manager for DICE. "The free trial version contains the full 'Battlefield 4' base game and will be available for 20 playable hours from the first moment you start playing."
The game from DICE will feature multiplayer with classic Conquest or Rush modes, Obliteration for bomb plantings and Domination for showing off your skills in the field. There's also vehicle warfare where you have a battalion of vehicles at your command. The much-touted destructive environment is also featured in the trial version of "Battlefield 4"--all seen in stunning Frostbite 3 engine.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet