‘Doctor Who’ Series 8 (2014) Spoilers, Airdate Update, First Look: Peter Capaldi Season Gets Teaser Trailer and August Premiere Date
By jaskiran kaur | May 27, 2014 11:01 AM EST
Whovians are eagerly waiting for the return of "Doctor Who." It's time for them to rejoice as series 8 of the long-running sci-fi show finally has a return date and first teaser trailer. Sci-fi series "Doctor Who" Series 8 is set to return with Peter Capaldi's 12th Time Lord. Recently, first trailer of the much-anticipated show, rendering first look at Peter Capaldi's "Doctor Who," was released. Read on to find out the details and also learn more about the show's airdate.
Whovians bid farewell to Matt Smith's Time Lord in "Doctor Who" Christmas special episode "Time of the Doctor" on Dec. 25, 2013. Matt Smith's finale also provided a brief glimpse at Twelfth Doctor Peter Capaldi, ending with bulldozer of a cliffhanger.
The teaser trailer was launched on series' official Twitter page and BBC UK Web site and BBC America. 16-second promo video announced the return of the show. It says: "The New Doctor Lands, This August."
What the new season will bring remains to be seen. All that fans can see of Peter Capaldi is a silhouette in the dark, standing in front of Tardis machine set ablaze. The trailer confirms August, 2014 return of the show, not revealing the exact date and time.
"Doctor Who" Series 8 stars Jenna Coleman as Carla, Samuel Anderson as Danny Pink and Keeley Hawes as the villain Ms Delphox. Danny Pink is Clara's co-worker in the school and Ms. Delphox will only appear in episode five of the show. Besides, fans will also get to see "Da Vinci's Demons'" Tom Riley, "Outcasts" Hermoine Norris, "Primeval's" Ben Miller and Frank Skinner in guest roles.
Not much has been revealed about the eighth series' first episode. What is already known is that the first episode is written by Steven Moffat, which will be directed by Ben Wheatley. Fans are looking forward to find answers to the cliffhanger ending of the last aired episode of "Doctor Who."
"Doctor Who" Series 8's "opening story takes place predominantly in Victorian London and features the return of the Paternoster Gang," according to Doctor Who TV UK. Fans are looking forward to find answers to the cliffhanger ending of the last aired episode of "Doctor Who," at the same time. So are you excited to watch Peter Capaldi's adventure as Twelfth Time Lord? Watch the promo video below:
Video:Doctor Who Series 8 2014- The First teaser trailer-BBC One
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid