‘Doctor Who’ Series 8 (2014) Spoilers, Airdate Update, First Look: Peter Capaldi Season Gets Teaser Trailer and August Premiere Date
By jaskiran kaur | May 27, 2014 11:01 AM EST
Whovians are eagerly waiting for the return of "Doctor Who." It's time for them to rejoice as series 8 of the long-running sci-fi show finally has a return date and first teaser trailer. Sci-fi series "Doctor Who" Series 8 is set to return with Peter Capaldi's 12th Time Lord. Recently, first trailer of the much-anticipated show, rendering first look at Peter Capaldi's "Doctor Who," was released. Read on to find out the details and also learn more about the show's airdate.
Whovians bid farewell to Matt Smith's Time Lord in "Doctor Who" Christmas special episode "Time of the Doctor" on Dec. 25, 2013. Matt Smith's finale also provided a brief glimpse at Twelfth Doctor Peter Capaldi, ending with bulldozer of a cliffhanger.
The teaser trailer was launched on series' official Twitter page and BBC UK Web site and BBC America. 16-second promo video announced the return of the show. It says: "The New Doctor Lands, This August."
What the new season will bring remains to be seen. All that fans can see of Peter Capaldi is a silhouette in the dark, standing in front of Tardis machine set ablaze. The trailer confirms August, 2014 return of the show, not revealing the exact date and time.
"Doctor Who" Series 8 stars Jenna Coleman as Carla, Samuel Anderson as Danny Pink and Keeley Hawes as the villain Ms Delphox. Danny Pink is Clara's co-worker in the school and Ms. Delphox will only appear in episode five of the show. Besides, fans will also get to see "Da Vinci's Demons'" Tom Riley, "Outcasts" Hermoine Norris, "Primeval's" Ben Miller and Frank Skinner in guest roles.
Not much has been revealed about the eighth series' first episode. What is already known is that the first episode is written by Steven Moffat, which will be directed by Ben Wheatley. Fans are looking forward to find answers to the cliffhanger ending of the last aired episode of "Doctor Who."
"Doctor Who" Series 8's "opening story takes place predominantly in Victorian London and features the return of the Paternoster Gang," according to Doctor Who TV UK. Fans are looking forward to find answers to the cliffhanger ending of the last aired episode of "Doctor Who," at the same time. So are you excited to watch Peter Capaldi's adventure as Twelfth Time Lord? Watch the promo video below:
Video:Doctor Who Series 8 2014- The First teaser trailer-BBC One
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kim Kardashian's Divorce Struggles: Kanye West Emotionally Unavailable, Neglects Kim and North West on Trip to Mexico
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner Party with Chris Brown, Take Group Selfies with Rapper and his Friends
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects