‘Doctor Who’ Series 8 (2014) Spoilers, Airdate Update, First Look: Peter Capaldi Season Gets Teaser Trailer and August Premiere Date
By jaskiran kaur | May 27, 2014 11:01 AM EST
Whovians are eagerly waiting for the return of "Doctor Who." It's time for them to rejoice as series 8 of the long-running sci-fi show finally has a return date and first teaser trailer. Sci-fi series "Doctor Who" Series 8 is set to return with Peter Capaldi's 12th Time Lord. Recently, first trailer of the much-anticipated show, rendering first look at Peter Capaldi's "Doctor Who," was released. Read on to find out the details and also learn more about the show's airdate.
Whovians bid farewell to Matt Smith's Time Lord in "Doctor Who" Christmas special episode "Time of the Doctor" on Dec. 25, 2013. Matt Smith's finale also provided a brief glimpse at Twelfth Doctor Peter Capaldi, ending with bulldozer of a cliffhanger.
The teaser trailer was launched on series' official Twitter page and BBC UK Web site and BBC America. 16-second promo video announced the return of the show. It says: "The New Doctor Lands, This August."
What the new season will bring remains to be seen. All that fans can see of Peter Capaldi is a silhouette in the dark, standing in front of Tardis machine set ablaze. The trailer confirms August, 2014 return of the show, not revealing the exact date and time.
"Doctor Who" Series 8 stars Jenna Coleman as Carla, Samuel Anderson as Danny Pink and Keeley Hawes as the villain Ms Delphox. Danny Pink is Clara's co-worker in the school and Ms. Delphox will only appear in episode five of the show. Besides, fans will also get to see "Da Vinci's Demons'" Tom Riley, "Outcasts" Hermoine Norris, "Primeval's" Ben Miller and Frank Skinner in guest roles.
Not much has been revealed about the eighth series' first episode. What is already known is that the first episode is written by Steven Moffat, which will be directed by Ben Wheatley. Fans are looking forward to find answers to the cliffhanger ending of the last aired episode of "Doctor Who."
"Doctor Who" Series 8's "opening story takes place predominantly in Victorian London and features the return of the Paternoster Gang," according to Doctor Who TV UK. Fans are looking forward to find answers to the cliffhanger ending of the last aired episode of "Doctor Who," at the same time. So are you excited to watch Peter Capaldi's adventure as Twelfth Time Lord? Watch the promo video below:
Video:Doctor Who Series 8 2014- The First teaser trailer-BBC One
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Warns Gareth Of Dire Consequences In New Promo [VIDEO]
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge