Aussie Liverpool Keeper Brad Jones Shrugs World Cup Squad Snub, Spends Vacation with Hot GF in Dubai
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 26, 2014 10:20 PM EST
Aussie Liverpool goalkeeper Brad Jones was spotted vacationing in Dubai with his hot girlfriend Danielle Lawrence.
Dubai-girlfriend.html" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">Dailymail.co.uk obtained some snaps of Jones and his girlfriend on holiday. Jones took advantage of the opportunity of not competing at the forthcoming World Cup but taking his stunning girlfriend to Dubai. Jones had a son named Luca with Lawrence, who died at a very young age of six years old because of leukemia. In 2012, Lawrence gave birth to their second son, Nico.
According to the British webloid, Jones looked "happy" as he enjoyed his vacation with Lawrence even though his team didn't win in the Premier League and the fact that he wasn't selected to become a member of the Australia's World Cup squad. Jones reportedly only played three Football Association (FA) cup for Liverpool in all three seasons.
Meanwhile, Australia's World Cup squad was announced consisting of quite a number of young talents and a few veterans.
Coach Ange Postecoglou made the announcement of those players who made the cut for Australia's World Cup Squad on May 14, Sportsillustrated.cnn.com reported. The 30-man squad will be cut down to only 23 players by June 2, the Web site further reported. According to Postecoglou, he was happy about what currently comprises the current squad.
"We've had some injuries and disruptions, particularly in the defense," said Postecoglou. "We have some challenges there, but overall, I'm happy with the balance," Postecoglou added.
"Yes, there is some inexperience, but we need to regenerate the team."
"We needed to make some meaningful change, but at the same time, understand that it's a World Cup."
Australia is in the same group as Spain, Netherlands, and Chile in the upcoming World Cup in Brazil.
Current 30-man Squad
Goalkeepers: Mark Birighitti, (Newcastle Jets), Eugene Galekovic (Adelaide United), Mitchell Langerak (Borussia Dortmund), Mat Ryan (Club Brugge).
Forwards: Tim Cahill (New York Red Bulls), Ben Halloran (Fortuna Duesseldorf), Josh Kennedy (Nagoya Grampus), Matthew Leckie (FSV Frankfurt), Adam Taggart (Newcastle Jets)
Midfielders: Oliver Bozanic (FC Luzern), Mark Bresciano (Al Gharafa), Joshua Brilliante (Newcastle Jets), James Holland (Austria Wien), Mile Jedinak (Crystal Palace), Massimo Luongo (Swindon Town), Matthew McKay (Brisbane Roar), Mark Milligan (Melbourne Victory), Tommy Oar (FC Utrecht), Tommy Rogic (Melbourne Victory), Adam Sarota (FC Utrecht), James Troisi (Melbourne Victory), Dario Vidosic (FC Sion)
Defenders: Jason Davidson (SC Heracles Almelo), Ivan Franjic (Brisbane Roar), Curtis Good (Newcastle United), Ryan McGowan (Shandong Luneng), Matthew Spiranovic, (Western Sydney Wanderers), Alex Wilkinson (Jeonbuk Hyundai), Luke Wilkshire (Dynamo Moscow), Bailey Wright (Preston North End)
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Ronda Rousey Puts Up Her Belongings For Auction
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes