A 'Tiny Gadget' That Charges iPhone And Android Twice as Fast
By Naveena Joy | May 26, 2014 6:32 PM EST
Like other interesting products, PLX Devices' Legion Meter, a tiny USB gadget used for charging both iPhone and Android smartphones faster is currently uploaded on the Kickstarter as a project to raise money.
With 27 days to go, the project has currently already gone beyond its $10,000 goal, reaching almost $210,000 in pledges, which mean that Legion Meter has already been funded.
According to Kickstarter, the USD gadget is a device that can safely accelerate smartphone and tablet's charging speed up to 92 percent. It also features a built-in multimeter for displaying voltage, current, power and milliwatt hours on the integrated OLED display. Legion Meter installs in seconds and fully plug and play.
The Legion Meter uses the watt-hour mode which is useful for analyzing the storage capacity of batteries as the watt-hour meter measures the amount of energy that gets charged into the battery.
The project said the charge accelerator has two modes of operation: Apple mode and Android mode. The user selectable mode dynamically converts any USB port to optimize the charge speed by sending a signal to the mobile device to safely draw the maximum amount of charge possible.
The PLX Charge Accelerator circuit is patent pending and due to continuous product improvement specifications may differ from actual technology. This USB dongle is also for Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Nokia, GoPro and other devices. The user needs to take the Android mode to accelerate charge speed.
Charge rates can range drastically based on the amount of charge that the device currently has. They are measured based on approximately 20 percent to 60 percent charge remaining in the device with averages taken from standard use conditions such as screen on/off, bluetooth/wifi is on/off, and screen brightness at 50 percent.
Legion Meter also includes many other additional advanced features such as automatic screen saver mode, double buffering graphics processor for seamless OLED transitions and intelligent battery monitoring algorithms.
The cheapest Legion Meter that can be purchased through Kickstarter costs $49. Early bird devices sold for $39. It will start its shipping by October 2014.
Legion Meter comes with a one year manufacturer's warranty and phone customer service support (M-F 8 a.m.-5 p.m. PST).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Nokia Lumia 1320 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Update Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9205 To Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUDNF2 Firmware
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ Gets Massive Leak For Character Roster, Game Details And Sleep Mode
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown