Kanye West Gives 20-Minute Speech, Says the Kardashians are 'the Most Remarkable People of Our Time'
By Maychelle Ornos | May 26, 2014 6:25 PM EST
After saying their vows and exchanging "I dos," Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are finally married. However, the wedding ceremony is not complete without the sweet and long speeches and Kanye gave a 20-minute long speech that touched several topics including public welfare, the New York Daily News reports. It was indeed a heart-warming moment for the Kardashians seeing that Kim and Kanye finally tied the knot.
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5.
The 36-year-old rapper was highly emotional on being a celebrity and how people have made fun of him and his new family, according to the New York Daily News. He shared, "They feel like it's OK to put you in the tabloid covers to sell your image, to use you in an 'SNL' spoof."
He knows that both of them need to work hard on their relationship because they are constantly being watched by the public. He then said, "We are warriors! There is not one person at this table that has not had to defend us at some point or another."
Kanye has been criticized for being a jerk and even Jimmy Kimmel has told the rapper about it, according to Hollywood Life. He does not like the way he is being treated badly which he spoke of in his speech.
"We don't negotiate. We're not like that. We're not stupid," added the singer in his wedding speech.
However, other than ranting about how hard it is on being a celebrity, Kanye also shared some lovely words for his beloved wife and his new family. Kim was called the "ideal celebrity" and the "ideal art" by her husband in the 20-minute long speech.
All of the Kardashians were in attendance to witness the said wedding. The new member of the Kardashian family called the Kardashians an industry. Kanye was also heard saying: "At this table... the combination of powers... can make the world a better place. They are the most remarkable people of our time." Not all of them stayed for the festivities as Rob apparently flew back to Los Angeles after having a rift with the bride.
The third husband of Kim Kardashian is not the only one who has been emotional because mom and manager Kris Jenner also shared an emotional speech. Her estranged husband Bruce Jenner was also the one who walked Kim to the aisle. According to Reality TV Magazine, Kris is "beyond bursting with happiness for Kim, Kanye and baby North."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia