Kanye West Gives 20-Minute Speech, Says the Kardashians are 'the Most Remarkable People of Our Time'
By Maychelle Ornos | May 26, 2014 6:25 PM EST
After saying their vows and exchanging "I dos," Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are finally married. However, the wedding ceremony is not complete without the sweet and long speeches and Kanye gave a 20-minute long speech that touched several topics including public welfare, the New York Daily News reports. It was indeed a heart-warming moment for the Kardashians seeing that Kim and Kanye finally tied the knot.
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5.
The 36-year-old rapper was highly emotional on being a celebrity and how people have made fun of him and his new family, according to the New York Daily News. He shared, "They feel like it's OK to put you in the tabloid covers to sell your image, to use you in an 'SNL' spoof."
He knows that both of them need to work hard on their relationship because they are constantly being watched by the public. He then said, "We are warriors! There is not one person at this table that has not had to defend us at some point or another."
Kanye has been criticized for being a jerk and even Jimmy Kimmel has told the rapper about it, according to Hollywood Life. He does not like the way he is being treated badly which he spoke of in his speech.
"We don't negotiate. We're not like that. We're not stupid," added the singer in his wedding speech.
However, other than ranting about how hard it is on being a celebrity, Kanye also shared some lovely words for his beloved wife and his new family. Kim was called the "ideal celebrity" and the "ideal art" by her husband in the 20-minute long speech.
All of the Kardashians were in attendance to witness the said wedding. The new member of the Kardashian family called the Kardashians an industry. Kanye was also heard saying: "At this table... the combination of powers... can make the world a better place. They are the most remarkable people of our time." Not all of them stayed for the festivities as Rob apparently flew back to Los Angeles after having a rift with the bride.
The third husband of Kim Kardashian is not the only one who has been emotional because mom and manager Kris Jenner also shared an emotional speech. Her estranged husband Bruce Jenner was also the one who walked Kim to the aisle. According to Reality TV Magazine, Kris is "beyond bursting with happiness for Kim, Kanye and baby North."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World