Kanye West Gives 20-Minute Speech, Says the Kardashians are 'the Most Remarkable People of Our Time'
By Maychelle Ornos | May 26, 2014 6:25 PM EST
After saying their vows and exchanging "I dos," Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are finally married. However, the wedding ceremony is not complete without the sweet and long speeches and Kanye gave a 20-minute long speech that touched several topics including public welfare, the New York Daily News reports. It was indeed a heart-warming moment for the Kardashians seeing that Kim and Kanye finally tied the knot.
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5.
The 36-year-old rapper was highly emotional on being a celebrity and how people have made fun of him and his new family, according to the New York Daily News. He shared, "They feel like it's OK to put you in the tabloid covers to sell your image, to use you in an 'SNL' spoof."
He knows that both of them need to work hard on their relationship because they are constantly being watched by the public. He then said, "We are warriors! There is not one person at this table that has not had to defend us at some point or another."
Kanye has been criticized for being a jerk and even Jimmy Kimmel has told the rapper about it, according to Hollywood Life. He does not like the way he is being treated badly which he spoke of in his speech.
"We don't negotiate. We're not like that. We're not stupid," added the singer in his wedding speech.
However, other than ranting about how hard it is on being a celebrity, Kanye also shared some lovely words for his beloved wife and his new family. Kim was called the "ideal celebrity" and the "ideal art" by her husband in the 20-minute long speech.
All of the Kardashians were in attendance to witness the said wedding. The new member of the Kardashian family called the Kardashians an industry. Kanye was also heard saying: "At this table... the combination of powers... can make the world a better place. They are the most remarkable people of our time." Not all of them stayed for the festivities as Rob apparently flew back to Los Angeles after having a rift with the bride.
The third husband of Kim Kardashian is not the only one who has been emotional because mom and manager Kris Jenner also shared an emotional speech. Her estranged husband Bruce Jenner was also the one who walked Kim to the aisle. According to Reality TV Magazine, Kris is "beyond bursting with happiness for Kim, Kanye and baby North."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices