Samsung Galaxy S5 Active: Image of AT&T Version Leaked Online
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 26, 2014 5:31 PM EST
An image of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active smartphone has been leaked online with the logo of US carrier AT&T. Reliable mobile device source @evleaks shared the press image of the smartphone's AT&T version on social networking site Twitter.
"Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, for AT&T, 2014," the post last Saturday, May 24, on Twitter read. Click HERE to see photo. However, Samsung or AT&T has not given any comment yet to confirm or deny this upcoming device.
It is unclear as well if the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active smartphone will be available only at AT&T or other networks will be offering the device like Sprint. The Android Headlines report noted that the leaked image clearly teased the AT&T logo at the upper left of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active notification screen with the 4G LTE symbol that the network displays.
Additionally, the leaked image of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active AT&T version will show the device's rather bulky corner bumpers making it a little more rugged compared to the 2013 model. The Samsung Galaxy S5 Active has appeared as well in a couple of hands-on videos with the smartphone features and specs remaining the same.
According to the Tech Times report, the leaked video revealed the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 Active features and specs that includes a 5.1-inch Full HD Super AMOLED 1080p screen display, the device body being armored with metal slides and a stronger plastic shell, a 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 2 GB of RAM and 16 MP camera with an upgrade received due to the inclusion of the Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) feature.
Other reported features in the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 Active smartphone are the ability to handle wet conditions better than the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone and a sturdier three button for apps, home and back in exchange for the plastic fingerprint enabled home button. The Samsung Galaxy S5 Active will also be keeping the built-in heart rate monitor of the Samsung Galaxy S5 located beneath the Android smartphone's camera.
There still no announcement yet on exactly when to get the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 Active. Interested customers will just have to patiently wait since the leaked detail from @evleaks hinted that the device for the US carrier will arrive before the year 2014 ends.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 630: Windows Phone Handset to be Offered in the UK Starting May 29 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon