Samsung Galaxy S5 Active: Image of AT&T Version Leaked Online
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 26, 2014 5:31 PM EST
An image of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active smartphone has been leaked online with the logo of US carrier AT&T. Reliable mobile device source @evleaks shared the press image of the smartphone's AT&T version on social networking site Twitter.
"Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, for AT&T, 2014," the post last Saturday, May 24, on Twitter read. Click HERE to see photo. However, Samsung or AT&T has not given any comment yet to confirm or deny this upcoming device.
It is unclear as well if the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active smartphone will be available only at AT&T or other networks will be offering the device like Sprint. The Android Headlines report noted that the leaked image clearly teased the AT&T logo at the upper left of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active notification screen with the 4G LTE symbol that the network displays.
Additionally, the leaked image of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active AT&T version will show the device's rather bulky corner bumpers making it a little more rugged compared to the 2013 model. The Samsung Galaxy S5 Active has appeared as well in a couple of hands-on videos with the smartphone features and specs remaining the same.
According to the Tech Times report, the leaked video revealed the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 Active features and specs that includes a 5.1-inch Full HD Super AMOLED 1080p screen display, the device body being armored with metal slides and a stronger plastic shell, a 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 2 GB of RAM and 16 MP camera with an upgrade received due to the inclusion of the Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) feature.
Other reported features in the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 Active smartphone are the ability to handle wet conditions better than the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone and a sturdier three button for apps, home and back in exchange for the plastic fingerprint enabled home button. The Samsung Galaxy S5 Active will also be keeping the built-in heart rate monitor of the Samsung Galaxy S5 located beneath the Android smartphone's camera.
There still no announcement yet on exactly when to get the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 Active. Interested customers will just have to patiently wait since the leaked detail from @evleaks hinted that the device for the US carrier will arrive before the year 2014 ends.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 630: Windows Phone Handset to be Offered in the UK Starting May 29 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install