Samsung Galaxy S5 Active: Image of AT&T Version Leaked Online
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 26, 2014 5:31 PM EST
An image of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active smartphone has been leaked online with the logo of US carrier AT&T. Reliable mobile device source @evleaks shared the press image of the smartphone's AT&T version on social networking site Twitter.
"Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, for AT&T, 2014," the post last Saturday, May 24, on Twitter read. Click HERE to see photo. However, Samsung or AT&T has not given any comment yet to confirm or deny this upcoming device.
It is unclear as well if the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active smartphone will be available only at AT&T or other networks will be offering the device like Sprint. The Android Headlines report noted that the leaked image clearly teased the AT&T logo at the upper left of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active notification screen with the 4G LTE symbol that the network displays.
Additionally, the leaked image of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active AT&T version will show the device's rather bulky corner bumpers making it a little more rugged compared to the 2013 model. The Samsung Galaxy S5 Active has appeared as well in a couple of hands-on videos with the smartphone features and specs remaining the same.
According to the Tech Times report, the leaked video revealed the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 Active features and specs that includes a 5.1-inch Full HD Super AMOLED 1080p screen display, the device body being armored with metal slides and a stronger plastic shell, a 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 2 GB of RAM and 16 MP camera with an upgrade received due to the inclusion of the Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) feature.
Other reported features in the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 Active smartphone are the ability to handle wet conditions better than the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone and a sturdier three button for apps, home and back in exchange for the plastic fingerprint enabled home button. The Samsung Galaxy S5 Active will also be keeping the built-in heart rate monitor of the Samsung Galaxy S5 located beneath the Android smartphone's camera.
There still no announcement yet on exactly when to get the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 Active. Interested customers will just have to patiently wait since the leaked detail from @evleaks hinted that the device for the US carrier will arrive before the year 2014 ends.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 630: Windows Phone Handset to be Offered in the UK Starting May 29 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Nokia Lumia 530: Windows Phone Handset Now On Sale In The UK With £87 Price
- Xbox One VS. PS4 At PAX Prime 2014:18 Games On Sale And A Lineup Of Xbox Games Revealed
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge