Samsung Galaxy S5 Active: Image of AT&T Version Leaked Online
By Jenalyn Villamarin | May 26, 2014 5:31 PM EST
An image of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active smartphone has been leaked online with the logo of US carrier AT&T. Reliable mobile device source @evleaks shared the press image of the smartphone's AT&T version on social networking site Twitter.
"Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, for AT&T, 2014," the post last Saturday, May 24, on Twitter read. Click HERE to see photo. However, Samsung or AT&T has not given any comment yet to confirm or deny this upcoming device.
It is unclear as well if the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active smartphone will be available only at AT&T or other networks will be offering the device like Sprint. The Android Headlines report noted that the leaked image clearly teased the AT&T logo at the upper left of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active notification screen with the 4G LTE symbol that the network displays.
Additionally, the leaked image of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active AT&T version will show the device's rather bulky corner bumpers making it a little more rugged compared to the 2013 model. The Samsung Galaxy S5 Active has appeared as well in a couple of hands-on videos with the smartphone features and specs remaining the same.
According to the Tech Times report, the leaked video revealed the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 Active features and specs that includes a 5.1-inch Full HD Super AMOLED 1080p screen display, the device body being armored with metal slides and a stronger plastic shell, a 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 2 GB of RAM and 16 MP camera with an upgrade received due to the inclusion of the Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) feature.
Other reported features in the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 Active smartphone are the ability to handle wet conditions better than the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone and a sturdier three button for apps, home and back in exchange for the plastic fingerprint enabled home button. The Samsung Galaxy S5 Active will also be keeping the built-in heart rate monitor of the Samsung Galaxy S5 located beneath the Android smartphone's camera.
There still no announcement yet on exactly when to get the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 Active. Interested customers will just have to patiently wait since the leaked detail from @evleaks hinted that the device for the US carrier will arrive before the year 2014 ends.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 630: Windows Phone Handset to be Offered in the UK Starting May 29 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef