‘The Fault In Our Stars’ Top 16 Unforgettable Quotes, Movie Premieres on June 5 in AU & The Netherlands
By Riza Ornos | May 26, 2014 4:01 PM EST
John Green's highly-acclaimed book adaptation "The Fault In Our Stars" is making a lot of buzz now that the premiere date in just around the corner. Dubbed as one sick movie, the drama-comedy film stars "Divergent" actress Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort as two teenage cancer survivors who fell in love after meeting in a group therapy session.
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
Directed by Josh Boone, "The Fault In Our Stars" cast the 22-year-old "Spectacular Now" star because she was perfect for the role even though her enthusiasm almost cost her not to get it. Apparently, Woodley wrote a letter to Boone expressing her interest to play the part of Hazel Grace Lancaster and her excitement turned off the director as he wanted to cast someone closer to the age of the lead role.
"It turned me off at first," says Boone in an interview posted on kpopstarz.com. "I liked her a lot personally, but I still didn't think she was Hazel."
"Within about two minutes, I knew it was going to be her," Boone admits after Woodley auditioned for the role. "I was on the floor. I thought, 'Why am I fighting this? There's nobody better than her. She's awesome.' "
Author John Green couldn't help but to agree with the director when he saw Woodley's audition and was in awe by her performance.
"I suddenly was in a blind panic, jumping on the phone and screaming, 'We must lock this down! It has to be Shailene Woodley!'" revealed Green.
Avid fans of the book will surely love the movie as it features all the heart-warming quotes of Augustus Water and Hazel Grace Lancaster. Featuring philosophical quotes about life and love, the movie is a well of heart-warming quotes that will make one believe that nothing is impossible with love.
Here are the top 16 quotes from the movie "The Fault In Our Stars."
1. "I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you."
2. "My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations."
3. "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things."
4. "The world is not a wish granting factory!"
5. "As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once."
6. "What a sl*t time is. She screws everybody."
7. "Some infinities are bigger than other infinities."
8. "The marks humans leave are too often scars."
9. "Some people don't understand the promises they're making when they make them," I said.
"Right, of course. But you keep the promise anyway. That's what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway."
10. "Grief does not change you, Hazel. It reveals you."
11. "Without pain, how could we know joy?' This is an old argument in the field of thinking about suffering and its stupidity and lack of sophistication could be plumbed for centuries but suffice it to say that the existence of broccoli does not, in any way, affect the taste of chocolate."
12. "I believe the universe wants to be noticed. I think the universe is inprobably biased toward the consciousness, that it rewards intelligence in part because the universe enjoys its elegance being observed. And who am I, living in the middle of history, to tell the universe that it-or my observation of it-is temporary?"
13. "Maybe 'okay' will be our 'always"
14. "You realize that trying to keep your distance from me will not lessen my affection for you. All efforts to save me from you will fail."
15. "I'm a grenade and at some point I'm going to blow up and I would like to minimize the casualties, okay?"
16. "Because you are beautiful. I enjoy looking at beautiful people, and I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence"
"The Fault In Our Stars" is set to hit the big screen on June 5 in Australia and The Netherlands, and June 6 in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail: