Selena Gomez Escapes to Nepal to Seek Mental Peace from Justin Bieber and American Media
By Annie Dee | May 26, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Hollywood Life reports that Selena Gomez fled the US and went to Nepal to seek mental peace. According to the report, Selena Gomez wanted an escape and reprieve from American media. While Selena did not say why she wants to avoid the American media and why she needs mental peace, it is easy to speculate that this has something to do with the continuous reports on her and Justin Bieber, especially Justin's dating habits. Not to mention, the American media has once went as far as claimed she was pregnant and suffered a miscarriage.
Actress Selena Gomez arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
Selena Gomez went to Nepal for a mission as a UNICEF goodwill ambassador. The singer seized the chance to get away from the country and at the same time, do some good for the world.
She recently, posted several pictures on her Instagram account that would lead one to believe that she is taking steps to find that "mental peace" she was talking about. According to Sugarscape, Selena posted several pictures of her stay in the picturesque country of her dancing to local music, participating in a cultural festival, visiting a local school as well as giving them some music instruments. The local communities she visited described her as very sweet and very humble.
While in the country, Selena Gomez also sat down with famous Nepalese journalist, Bisnu Sharma for an interview. The interview was posted on his blog and Hollywood Life is reporting that the interview was quite telling for Selena's feelings. According to Hollywood Life, Selena has claimed in this particular interview that she needed to get away from the American media. Selena's full comment states: "I am in Nepal to escape from American media. I wanted mental peace."
It was in the same country where she posted a picture of her in a skimpy yellow bikini while playing in the water happily. The picture has a caption of "I'm taking my power back." If it is true that she went away for mental peace aside from helping out as a goodwill ambassador, it is safe to say that she achieved what she is aiming for, as she really looked healthy and happy on this particular picture.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports