Selena Gomez Escapes to Nepal to Seek Mental Peace from Justin Bieber and American Media
By Annie Dee | May 26, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Hollywood Life reports that Selena Gomez fled the US and went to Nepal to seek mental peace. According to the report, Selena Gomez wanted an escape and reprieve from American media. While Selena did not say why she wants to avoid the American media and why she needs mental peace, it is easy to speculate that this has something to do with the continuous reports on her and Justin Bieber, especially Justin's dating habits. Not to mention, the American media has once went as far as claimed she was pregnant and suffered a miscarriage.
Actress Selena Gomez arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
Selena Gomez went to Nepal for a mission as a UNICEF goodwill ambassador. The singer seized the chance to get away from the country and at the same time, do some good for the world.
She recently, posted several pictures on her Instagram account that would lead one to believe that she is taking steps to find that "mental peace" she was talking about. According to Sugarscape, Selena posted several pictures of her stay in the picturesque country of her dancing to local music, participating in a cultural festival, visiting a local school as well as giving them some music instruments. The local communities she visited described her as very sweet and very humble.
While in the country, Selena Gomez also sat down with famous Nepalese journalist, Bisnu Sharma for an interview. The interview was posted on his blog and Hollywood Life is reporting that the interview was quite telling for Selena's feelings. According to Hollywood Life, Selena has claimed in this particular interview that she needed to get away from the American media. Selena's full comment states: "I am in Nepal to escape from American media. I wanted mental peace."
It was in the same country where she posted a picture of her in a skimpy yellow bikini while playing in the water happily. The picture has a caption of "I'm taking my power back." If it is true that she went away for mental peace aside from helping out as a goodwill ambassador, it is safe to say that she achieved what she is aiming for, as she really looked healthy and happy on this particular picture.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales