Selena Gomez Escapes to Nepal to Seek Mental Peace from Justin Bieber and American Media
By Annie Dee | May 26, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Hollywood Life reports that Selena Gomez fled the US and went to Nepal to seek mental peace. According to the report, Selena Gomez wanted an escape and reprieve from American media. While Selena did not say why she wants to avoid the American media and why she needs mental peace, it is easy to speculate that this has something to do with the continuous reports on her and Justin Bieber, especially Justin's dating habits. Not to mention, the American media has once went as far as claimed she was pregnant and suffered a miscarriage.
Actress Selena Gomez arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
Selena Gomez went to Nepal for a mission as a UNICEF goodwill ambassador. The singer seized the chance to get away from the country and at the same time, do some good for the world.
She recently, posted several pictures on her Instagram account that would lead one to believe that she is taking steps to find that "mental peace" she was talking about. According to Sugarscape, Selena posted several pictures of her stay in the picturesque country of her dancing to local music, participating in a cultural festival, visiting a local school as well as giving them some music instruments. The local communities she visited described her as very sweet and very humble.
While in the country, Selena Gomez also sat down with famous Nepalese journalist, Bisnu Sharma for an interview. The interview was posted on his blog and Hollywood Life is reporting that the interview was quite telling for Selena's feelings. According to Hollywood Life, Selena has claimed in this particular interview that she needed to get away from the American media. Selena's full comment states: "I am in Nepal to escape from American media. I wanted mental peace."
It was in the same country where she posted a picture of her in a skimpy yellow bikini while playing in the water happily. The picture has a caption of "I'm taking my power back." If it is true that she went away for mental peace aside from helping out as a goodwill ambassador, it is safe to say that she achieved what she is aiming for, as she really looked healthy and happy on this particular picture.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS