Selena Gomez Escapes to Nepal to Seek Mental Peace from Justin Bieber and American Media
By Annie Dee | May 26, 2014 3:57 PM EST
Hollywood Life reports that Selena Gomez fled the US and went to Nepal to seek mental peace. According to the report, Selena Gomez wanted an escape and reprieve from American media. While Selena did not say why she wants to avoid the American media and why she needs mental peace, it is easy to speculate that this has something to do with the continuous reports on her and Justin Bieber, especially Justin's dating habits. Not to mention, the American media has once went as far as claimed she was pregnant and suffered a miscarriage.
Actress Selena Gomez arrives at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
Selena Gomez went to Nepal for a mission as a UNICEF goodwill ambassador. The singer seized the chance to get away from the country and at the same time, do some good for the world.
She recently, posted several pictures on her Instagram account that would lead one to believe that she is taking steps to find that "mental peace" she was talking about. According to Sugarscape, Selena posted several pictures of her stay in the picturesque country of her dancing to local music, participating in a cultural festival, visiting a local school as well as giving them some music instruments. The local communities she visited described her as very sweet and very humble.
While in the country, Selena Gomez also sat down with famous Nepalese journalist, Bisnu Sharma for an interview. The interview was posted on his blog and Hollywood Life is reporting that the interview was quite telling for Selena's feelings. According to Hollywood Life, Selena has claimed in this particular interview that she needed to get away from the American media. Selena's full comment states: "I am in Nepal to escape from American media. I wanted mental peace."
It was in the same country where she posted a picture of her in a skimpy yellow bikini while playing in the water happily. The picture has a caption of "I'm taking my power back." If it is true that she went away for mental peace aside from helping out as a goodwill ambassador, it is safe to say that she achieved what she is aiming for, as she really looked healthy and happy on this particular picture.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- HTC ‘Double Exposure’ Event On October 8 Could Unveil HTC Eye With 5.2-inch FHD Display
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect