‘The Fault In Our Stars’ Top 12 Heart-Melting Quotes of Gus Waters
By Riza Ornos | May 26, 2014 3:10 PM EST
Best known as John Green's sick love story, "Fault In Our Stars" will soon to premiere on the big screen featuring both stars from "Divergent," Shailene Woodley as Hazel Grace Lancaster and Ansel Elgort as Gus Waters. Based on the highly acclaimed novel, the drama-comedy film is a mix of sweet and heart melting quotes that will make anyone fall in love all over again.
Actress Shailene Woodley and actor Ansel Elgort arrive at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
Directed by Josh Boone, "The Fault In Our Stars" is a story about two teenage cancer survivors whose life changed after they met in a cancer group. Filled with quotes about love and faith, author John Green revealed that he cried a lot while the film was on production.
"I cried almost everyday," says Green during the Yahoo Press Conference posted on kpopstarz.com. "I cried because it was really overwhelming to me that all these really talented people were bringing so much passion and so much talent to the story that I'd written and giving it a new life."
Bringing to life the dreamy Gus Waters, New Yorker Ansel Elgort is clearly the best actor for the role. Playing the role as Woodley's younger brother in "Divergent" did not stop him to have a great chemistry with the actress, and in return the two have an undeniable spark while filming the movie.
When asked how he relates to his character as Gus, the 20-year-old actor revealed that he is more like Gus in real life. "Augustus is quirky, weird, and nerdy. That's kind of how I am in real life," he said in an interview with Teen Vogue. "Really! I paint miniatures and play video games, too. I have a lot in common with the guy!"
"Fault is a beautiful, honorable love story that I hope I'll get to experience in my own lifetime. It makes you grateful for any love you have in your life," he added.
Check out the top 12 heart-warming and knees-melting Augustus Waters quotes in "The Fault In Our Stars."
1. "I fear oblivion," he said without a moment's pause. "I fear it like the proverbial blind man who's afraid of the dark."
2. "Oh, I wouldn't mind, Hazel Grace. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you."
3. "I'll fight it. I'll fight it for you. Don't you worry about me, Hazel Grace. I'm okay. I'll find a way to hang around and annoy you for a long time."
4. "My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations."
5. "I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you."
6. "You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, old man, but you do have some say in who hurts you."
7. "If you don't live a life in service of a greater good, you've gotta at least die a death in service of a greater good, you know? And I fear that I won't get either a life or a death that means anything."
8. "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things."
9. "The world is not a wish-granting factory."
10. "I fell in love like you would fall asleep: slowly and then all at once."
11. "I really thought she was going to die before I could tell her that I was going to die, too."
12. "I enjoy looking at beautiful people, and I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence."
"The Fault In Our Stars" is set to premiere on June 5 in Australia and The Netherlands, and June 6 in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail: