Viral Now: The New York Post Mocks Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s Wedding
By Anne Lu | May 26, 2014 3:04 PM EST
While the showbiz industry celebrates the highly awaited wedding of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, one publication couldn’t hide its disgust at the couple’s union. The New York Post’s now-viral scathing announcement of Kimye’s wedding is both shocking and admittedly hilarious.
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
On Saturday, the reality TV star and the hip-hop artist got married in a lavish ceremony in Florence, Italy. The big day was celebrated by various publications, with some even calling it the wedding of the year.
But for the New York Post, it’s a lethargic event at best.
“ALERT (yawn): Kimye weds,” the printed article reads.
“Two jackasses got married in Italy Saturday. Sex-tape star Kim Kardashian, 33, wed egotist Kanye West, 36, in a wedding opulent enough for Florence’s Medici dynasty and tacky enough for reality TV.
“They were betrothed at Florence’s 16th-century Fort di Belvedere castle. Olympic athlete Bruce Jenner walked Kim down the aisle.
“The republic still stands,” the post ended.
It’s highly doubtful that the new Mr and Mrs West would love how their nuptial was described in the write-up, but The NY Post’s readers seem to love it.
— Nick Confessore (@nickconfessore) May 25, 2014
One of the best pieces of reportage in recent times by New York Post. #KimyeWedding pic.twitter.com/2aFmx94fmy — Garima Sharma (@gariffiti) May 26, 2014
— Joe Kucharski (@TyrannyOfStyle) May 25, 2014
Some hate tabloids for being rude, rowdy, tasteless. But sometimes that's what the situation calls for. @nypost pic.twitter.com/LkNyORzIWQ — Errol Louis (@errollouis) May 25, 2014
That wedding announcement by the New York Post for that idiot's cartoon marriage. Hee hee. pic.twitter.com/ptFmmuLLfH
— Ginger Wildheart (@GingerWildheart) May 25, 2014
Well done, the New York Post. pic.twitter.com/ddENrPWDUa — Not Jerry Tipton (@NotJerryTipton) May 25, 2014
This isn’t the first time The NY Post has expressed its revulsion on the couple’s union.
Just a few days ago, it has also published a “brutally honest toast to Kimye.”
“It’s been so incredible. Dinner in Paris, a ceremony at an Italian castle, a multimillion-dollar budget. Wow! But it’s a bittersweet day, for sure. On one hand, we’re delighted for this happy couple. On the other hand, for all those fathers out there trying to instruct their daughters that nothing but ruin and humiliation will come from making porn – well, good luck explaining this,” the article read.
“You guys have everything a couple needs to keep a marriage strong. You have love and class and talent and, above all, high name recognition among the coveted 18-24 demographic.”
The NY Post has been covering the Kardashians’ misadventures since the family made their private lives public by appearing in their reality show “Keeping Up with the Kardashians.”
One headline featuring Kim and her then-husband Kris Humphries read, “Big A$$ Wedding,” after it was announced that they would be divorcing just after 72 days of married life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate