Viral Now: The New York Post Mocks Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s Wedding
By Anne Lu | May 26, 2014 3:04 PM EST
While the showbiz industry celebrates the highly awaited wedding of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, one publication couldn’t hide its disgust at the couple’s union. The New York Post’s now-viral scathing announcement of Kimye’s wedding is both shocking and admittedly hilarious.
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5, 2014. REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
On Saturday, the reality TV star and the hip-hop artist got married in a lavish ceremony in Florence, Italy. The big day was celebrated by various publications, with some even calling it the wedding of the year.
But for the New York Post, it’s a lethargic event at best.
“ALERT (yawn): Kimye weds,” the printed article reads.
“Two jackasses got married in Italy Saturday. Sex-tape star Kim Kardashian, 33, wed egotist Kanye West, 36, in a wedding opulent enough for Florence’s Medici dynasty and tacky enough for reality TV.
“They were betrothed at Florence’s 16th-century Fort di Belvedere castle. Olympic athlete Bruce Jenner walked Kim down the aisle.
“The republic still stands,” the post ended.
It’s highly doubtful that the new Mr and Mrs West would love how their nuptial was described in the write-up, but The NY Post’s readers seem to love it.
— Nick Confessore (@nickconfessore) May 25, 2014
One of the best pieces of reportage in recent times by New York Post. #KimyeWedding pic.twitter.com/2aFmx94fmy — Garima Sharma (@gariffiti) May 26, 2014
— Joe Kucharski (@TyrannyOfStyle) May 25, 2014
Some hate tabloids for being rude, rowdy, tasteless. But sometimes that's what the situation calls for. @nypost pic.twitter.com/LkNyORzIWQ — Errol Louis (@errollouis) May 25, 2014
That wedding announcement by the New York Post for that idiot's cartoon marriage. Hee hee. pic.twitter.com/ptFmmuLLfH
— Ginger Wildheart (@GingerWildheart) May 25, 2014
Well done, the New York Post. pic.twitter.com/ddENrPWDUa — Not Jerry Tipton (@NotJerryTipton) May 25, 2014
This isn’t the first time The NY Post has expressed its revulsion on the couple’s union.
Just a few days ago, it has also published a “brutally honest toast to Kimye.”
“It’s been so incredible. Dinner in Paris, a ceremony at an Italian castle, a multimillion-dollar budget. Wow! But it’s a bittersweet day, for sure. On one hand, we’re delighted for this happy couple. On the other hand, for all those fathers out there trying to instruct their daughters that nothing but ruin and humiliation will come from making porn – well, good luck explaining this,” the article read.
“You guys have everything a couple needs to keep a marriage strong. You have love and class and talent and, above all, high name recognition among the coveted 18-24 demographic.”
The NY Post has been covering the Kardashians’ misadventures since the family made their private lives public by appearing in their reality show “Keeping Up with the Kardashians.”
One headline featuring Kim and her then-husband Kris Humphries read, “Big A$$ Wedding,” after it was announced that they would be divorcing just after 72 days of married life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone