Cristiano Ronaldo to Give Away Bonus Cash Prize Worth £750,000 From Real Madrid Champions League Final Victory
By Rachelle Corpuz | May 26, 2014 2:52 PM EST
For Cristiano Ronaldo, winning a 10th European crown in the Champions League final is significantly more important, which is why the Real Madrid superstar forward was cool and more than agreeable when he was dared to give away his hefty bonus prize money worth £750,000 if they win the match.
Real Madrid's Ronaldo struck the ball guiding it past a wall for his second and sixteenth goal overall in the Champions League this season
One of Ronaldo's close pal was reportedly talking to The Sun as reported by The Mirror and stated that the 29-year-old footballer was more than willing to give his bonus money to his friends if the Spanish football giants defeat Atletico Madrid.
Ronaldo was having a little conversation with his physiotherapists telling them that, "winning the Champions League was more important to him than money," so when one of his therapists asked and dared him to "share" his prize with them, the footballer was quick to give in to the dare.
"Okay, if we win the Champions League, I'll use the money to offer a car to each one of you, and one to each member of the technical team," Ronaldo was quoted saying.
The source said that Ronaldo will even donate the rest of the money to the Messengers of Peace.
After Real Madrid exhilarating Champions League final win on May 24, will Ronaldo be true to his words and donate his bonus cash prize?
Ronaldo has shown his generosity quite a few times in the past. He has opened not only his heart but his wallet as well in an effort to give back to the society. In November 2012, Ronaldo donated more €1.5 million euros or equivalent to more than AU$ 2.21 million to Palestinian children in Gaza, as reported by Rt.com. In March 2014, as published in a news article by The Independent, Ronaldo reportedly donated €60,000 or AU$ 87,000 for a sick 10-month-old baby's operation.
Ronaldo has certainly nailed it with his acts of generosity. He is one of the luminaries of the sporting world who has a big heart and certainly one of the biggest donors to good causes.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown