Pacers-Heat Sidelights: LeBron James vs. Stephenson Trash Talk
By James Patrick Quizon | May 26, 2014 2:49 PM EST
Outspoken Pacer Lance Stephenson has continued his trash-talking against the Miami Heat’s stars. Before the series began it was against Dwyane Wade and after Game 3 the not-so-nice words are now for LeBron James.
May 20, 2014; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Miami Heat forward LeBron James (6) leans in to Indiana Pacers guard Lance Stephenson (1) during the second half of game two of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The Miami Heat beat the Indiana Pacers 87 to 83.
"To me, it's a sign of weakness," Stephenson said in an ESPN article. "[People] used to say that to me. I'm going to do something to get you mad. Now he's trying to do it to me. I feel like there's a weakness and I feel like I'm doing something right to get underneath his skin."
"One thing I'm not going to do is give a story line of LeBron versus Stephenson, I'm not going to do that. I've already been involved in a LeBron versus Stevenson in my playoff career so I'm not going to do it," James said in the same article referring to his past skirmish with DeShawn Stevenson then with the Washington Wizards and Dallas Mavericks.
Unfortunately for LeBron, the sports world has already taken notice he indulged Stephenson to a lot of verbal sparring in Game 3.
There are two schools of thought here; either Stephenson is a master trash-talker and get into the James’ head or his teasing backfires and James explodes in the next few games.
It did not work against Wade, who appears rejuvenated in this series. The 32-year-old averages 24.3 points per game in the series on an efficient 62.0 per cent from the field!
"I think his knee is messed up, so I've got to be extra aggressive," Stephenson said before the East Finals began. "Make his knee flare up or something."
How will LeBron respond after the latest Stephenson rant?
Game 4 of the Pacers-Heat is on Monday with Indiana looking to tie the best-of-seven series.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- Raining Discounts: $100 Price Cut on Moto X; LG G3 Available for $100 On-Contract; Sony Xperia Z2 on Release Date Gets $50 Price Cut (U.S.)