Pacers-Heat Sidelights: LeBron James vs. Stephenson Trash Talk
By James Patrick Quizon | May 26, 2014 2:49 PM EST
Outspoken Pacer Lance Stephenson has continued his trash-talking against the Miami Heat’s stars. Before the series began it was against Dwyane Wade and after Game 3 the not-so-nice words are now for LeBron James.
May 20, 2014; Indianapolis, IN, USA; Miami Heat forward LeBron James (6) leans in to Indiana Pacers guard Lance Stephenson (1) during the second half of game two of the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2014 NBA Playoffs at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The Miami Heat beat the Indiana Pacers 87 to 83.
"To me, it's a sign of weakness," Stephenson said in an ESPN article. "[People] used to say that to me. I'm going to do something to get you mad. Now he's trying to do it to me. I feel like there's a weakness and I feel like I'm doing something right to get underneath his skin."
"One thing I'm not going to do is give a story line of LeBron versus Stephenson, I'm not going to do that. I've already been involved in a LeBron versus Stevenson in my playoff career so I'm not going to do it," James said in the same article referring to his past skirmish with DeShawn Stevenson then with the Washington Wizards and Dallas Mavericks.
Unfortunately for LeBron, the sports world has already taken notice he indulged Stephenson to a lot of verbal sparring in Game 3.
There are two schools of thought here; either Stephenson is a master trash-talker and get into the James’ head or his teasing backfires and James explodes in the next few games.
It did not work against Wade, who appears rejuvenated in this series. The 32-year-old averages 24.3 points per game in the series on an efficient 62.0 per cent from the field!
"I think his knee is messed up, so I've got to be extra aggressive," Stephenson said before the East Finals began. "Make his knee flare up or something."
How will LeBron respond after the latest Stephenson rant?
Game 4 of the Pacers-Heat is on Monday with Indiana looking to tie the best-of-seven series.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced