HTC One M8 Ace Leaked Again And May Be Launched in June
By Naveena Joy | May 26, 2014 2:46 PM EST
With the success of the release of HTC One (M8) and HTC Mini 2, HTC's upcoming plastic flagship phone may reportedly be released in June. The popular @evleaks has found HTC One (M8) Ace images on Chinese regulator TENAA's Web site.
Customers look at HTC smartphones in a mobile phone shop in Taipei in this July 30, 2013 file photo. Taiwanese smartphone vendor HTC Corp said on May 6, 2014 it projects revenue in April-June to almost match that of a year earlier thanks primarily to sales of new flagship One M8 beating those of its predecessor.
The device will have the same specifications as the original HTC One M8, but all the components will be packed in a plastic body instead of an aluminium. The significant difference between both the devices is that HTC One (M8) Ace is expected to be much cheaper and hopes to target consumers at lower price segments.
According to BGR, there is no data on the launch of the phone. But a report from ePrice, a Taiwanese Web site, said the HTC One (M8) will be released starting June 3 and will cost around $480 in China.
The ePrice confirmed like HTC One M8, the HTC One M8 Ace will feature a 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Adreno 330 graphics and 2 GB RAM. It will have a dual camera on the rear with dual LED and 5 MP camera in the front, super LCD3 capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels, spread across 5-inch with a pixel density of 441 ppi and will come preloaded with Android KitKat 4.4.2 with the company's Sense UI.
But HTC One M8 will cut down on costs first by losing the One M8's 90 percent metal case, and secondly by swapping its Duo Camera with the 13 MP model with BSI sensor and f/2.2 lens found on HTC One Mini 2. Like the smaller HTC, One M8 Ace should be capable of full-HD video recording.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air