HTC One M8 Ace Leaked Again And May Be Launched in June
By Naveena Joy | May 26, 2014 2:46 PM EST
With the success of the release of HTC One (M8) and HTC Mini 2, HTC's upcoming plastic flagship phone may reportedly be released in June. The popular @evleaks has found HTC One (M8) Ace images on Chinese regulator TENAA's Web site.
Customers look at HTC smartphones in a mobile phone shop in Taipei in this July 30, 2013 file photo. Taiwanese smartphone vendor HTC Corp said on May 6, 2014 it projects revenue in April-June to almost match that of a year earlier thanks primarily to sales of new flagship One M8 beating those of its predecessor.
The device will have the same specifications as the original HTC One M8, but all the components will be packed in a plastic body instead of an aluminium. The significant difference between both the devices is that HTC One (M8) Ace is expected to be much cheaper and hopes to target consumers at lower price segments.
According to BGR, there is no data on the launch of the phone. But a report from ePrice, a Taiwanese Web site, said the HTC One (M8) will be released starting June 3 and will cost around $480 in China.
The ePrice confirmed like HTC One M8, the HTC One M8 Ace will feature a 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Adreno 330 graphics and 2 GB RAM. It will have a dual camera on the rear with dual LED and 5 MP camera in the front, super LCD3 capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels, spread across 5-inch with a pixel density of 441 ppi and will come preloaded with Android KitKat 4.4.2 with the company's Sense UI.
But HTC One M8 will cut down on costs first by losing the One M8's 90 percent metal case, and secondly by swapping its Duo Camera with the 13 MP model with BSI sensor and f/2.2 lens found on HTC One Mini 2. Like the smaller HTC, One M8 Ace should be capable of full-HD video recording.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- The Release of Xperia Z3 is Nearing Sony Slashes Price of the Xperia Z2 by $200
- The Best Smartphones Yet To Release in 2014
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border