HTC One M8 Ace Leaked Again And May Be Launched in June
By Naveena Joy | May 26, 2014 2:46 PM EST
With the success of the release of HTC One (M8) and HTC Mini 2, HTC's upcoming plastic flagship phone may reportedly be released in June. The popular @evleaks has found HTC One (M8) Ace images on Chinese regulator TENAA's Web site.
Customers look at HTC smartphones in a mobile phone shop in Taipei in this July 30, 2013 file photo. Taiwanese smartphone vendor HTC Corp said on May 6, 2014 it projects revenue in April-June to almost match that of a year earlier thanks primarily to sales of new flagship One M8 beating those of its predecessor.
The device will have the same specifications as the original HTC One M8, but all the components will be packed in a plastic body instead of an aluminium. The significant difference between both the devices is that HTC One (M8) Ace is expected to be much cheaper and hopes to target consumers at lower price segments.
According to BGR, there is no data on the launch of the phone. But a report from ePrice, a Taiwanese Web site, said the HTC One (M8) will be released starting June 3 and will cost around $480 in China.
The ePrice confirmed like HTC One M8, the HTC One M8 Ace will feature a 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Adreno 330 graphics and 2 GB RAM. It will have a dual camera on the rear with dual LED and 5 MP camera in the front, super LCD3 capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels, spread across 5-inch with a pixel density of 441 ppi and will come preloaded with Android KitKat 4.4.2 with the company's Sense UI.
But HTC One M8 will cut down on costs first by losing the One M8's 90 percent metal case, and secondly by swapping its Duo Camera with the 13 MP model with BSI sensor and f/2.2 lens found on HTC One Mini 2. Like the smaller HTC, One M8 Ace should be capable of full-HD video recording.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Practical Reasons Why Choose Latest Nexus Smartphone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand