HTC One M8 Ace Leaked Again And May Be Launched in June
By Naveena Joy | May 26, 2014 2:46 PM EST
With the success of the release of HTC One (M8) and HTC Mini 2, HTC's upcoming plastic flagship phone may reportedly be released in June. The popular @evleaks has found HTC One (M8) Ace images on Chinese regulator TENAA's Web site.
Customers look at HTC smartphones in a mobile phone shop in Taipei in this July 30, 2013 file photo. Taiwanese smartphone vendor HTC Corp said on May 6, 2014 it projects revenue in April-June to almost match that of a year earlier thanks primarily to sales of new flagship One M8 beating those of its predecessor.
The device will have the same specifications as the original HTC One M8, but all the components will be packed in a plastic body instead of an aluminium. The significant difference between both the devices is that HTC One (M8) Ace is expected to be much cheaper and hopes to target consumers at lower price segments.
According to BGR, there is no data on the launch of the phone. But a report from ePrice, a Taiwanese Web site, said the HTC One (M8) will be released starting June 3 and will cost around $480 in China.
The ePrice confirmed like HTC One M8, the HTC One M8 Ace will feature a 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Adreno 330 graphics and 2 GB RAM. It will have a dual camera on the rear with dual LED and 5 MP camera in the front, super LCD3 capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels, spread across 5-inch with a pixel density of 441 ppi and will come preloaded with Android KitKat 4.4.2 with the company's Sense UI.
But HTC One M8 will cut down on costs first by losing the One M8's 90 percent metal case, and secondly by swapping its Duo Camera with the 13 MP model with BSI sensor and f/2.2 lens found on HTC One Mini 2. Like the smaller HTC, One M8 Ace should be capable of full-HD video recording.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions