HTC One M8 Ace Leaked Again And May Be Launched in June
By Naveena Joy | May 26, 2014 2:46 PM EST
With the success of the release of HTC One (M8) and HTC Mini 2, HTC's upcoming plastic flagship phone may reportedly be released in June. The popular @evleaks has found HTC One (M8) Ace images on Chinese regulator TENAA's Web site.
Customers look at HTC smartphones in a mobile phone shop in Taipei in this July 30, 2013 file photo. Taiwanese smartphone vendor HTC Corp said on May 6, 2014 it projects revenue in April-June to almost match that of a year earlier thanks primarily to sales of new flagship One M8 beating those of its predecessor.
The device will have the same specifications as the original HTC One M8, but all the components will be packed in a plastic body instead of an aluminium. The significant difference between both the devices is that HTC One (M8) Ace is expected to be much cheaper and hopes to target consumers at lower price segments.
According to BGR, there is no data on the launch of the phone. But a report from ePrice, a Taiwanese Web site, said the HTC One (M8) will be released starting June 3 and will cost around $480 in China.
The ePrice confirmed like HTC One M8, the HTC One M8 Ace will feature a 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Adreno 330 graphics and 2 GB RAM. It will have a dual camera on the rear with dual LED and 5 MP camera in the front, super LCD3 capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels, spread across 5-inch with a pixel density of 441 ppi and will come preloaded with Android KitKat 4.4.2 with the company's Sense UI.
But HTC One M8 will cut down on costs first by losing the One M8's 90 percent metal case, and secondly by swapping its Duo Camera with the 13 MP model with BSI sensor and f/2.2 lens found on HTC One Mini 2. Like the smaller HTC, One M8 Ace should be capable of full-HD video recording.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- Samsung Galaxy K Zoom vs. Nokia Lumia 1020 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand