Miley Cyrus Adores Devon Meek, Secret Messages For Fan Revealed In Her Songs
By Tanya Diente | May 26, 2014 2:35 PM EST
Miley Cyrus was granted a temporary restraining order against an obsessed delusional fan who resides in a mental institution.
Singer Miley Cyrus smokes on stage after receiving the Best Video award during the 2013 MTV Europe Music Awards at the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam November 10, 2013.
Miley Cyrus took out an emergency restraining order against a fan who believes the "Wrecking Ball" singer was speaking to him through her songs. According to TMZ, the fan claimed he won't stop hunting Miley down until she "accepts him or he dies."
Devon Meek, 24-years old, was arrested on May 16, reports Daily News. He was arrested in Sierra Vista, Arizona by LAPD's Threat Management Unit while attempting to meet Miley Cyrus outside a property he believed the singer owned. TMZ was able to obtain a copy of the court documents, where it stated that while Meek was in custody, he told police officers that he believes Miley speaks to him through the radio. He also said he hears screaming voices in his head, and told officers that he heard Miley say she "adores" him in one of her songs.
Meek was released from interrogation and placed in a mental facility where he resides, according to Time. Likewise, ABCnews reported that a statement was obtained by the Associated Press, wherein a detective wrote "Meek stated when he is released from the hospital, he will not stop seeking Ms. Cyrus and that he will continue to go to Ms. Cyrus' residence until Ms. Cyrus accepts him or he dies." According to ABCnews, Detective Rosibel Smith wrote in a sworn statement, that Devon Meek told officers that if he couldn't meet Miley Cyrus, then they should just shoot him in the head. Meanwhile, Miley Cyrus did not file any declaration to the said statement.
Miley Cyrus' restraining order was granted on Friday by a Los Angeles judge. The restraining order requires Devon Meek to stay 100 yards away from the singer at all times. According to Time, a hearing scheduled for June 16, will determine whether the restraining order will be extended for three more years.
Below, Twitter fans respond to the news.
@TIME can I get a restraining order on her deranged performances?
— Ben Harrex (@Bench33) May 24, 2014
RT"@TIME: Miley Cyrus gets restraining order against deranged fan http://t.co/GN0Rejmafw” So Miley can't get within 100m from the fan? — Ismael Kherroubi (@iSmaelKG) May 24, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast