Miley Cyrus Adores Devon Meek, Secret Messages For Fan Revealed In Her Songs
By Tanya Diente | May 26, 2014 2:35 PM EST
Miley Cyrus was granted a temporary restraining order against an obsessed delusional fan who resides in a mental institution.
Singer Miley Cyrus smokes on stage after receiving the Best Video award during the 2013 MTV Europe Music Awards at the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam November 10, 2013.
Miley Cyrus took out an emergency restraining order against a fan who believes the "Wrecking Ball" singer was speaking to him through her songs. According to TMZ, the fan claimed he won't stop hunting Miley down until she "accepts him or he dies."
Devon Meek, 24-years old, was arrested on May 16, reports Daily News. He was arrested in Sierra Vista, Arizona by LAPD's Threat Management Unit while attempting to meet Miley Cyrus outside a property he believed the singer owned. TMZ was able to obtain a copy of the court documents, where it stated that while Meek was in custody, he told police officers that he believes Miley speaks to him through the radio. He also said he hears screaming voices in his head, and told officers that he heard Miley say she "adores" him in one of her songs.
Meek was released from interrogation and placed in a mental facility where he resides, according to Time. Likewise, ABCnews reported that a statement was obtained by the Associated Press, wherein a detective wrote "Meek stated when he is released from the hospital, he will not stop seeking Ms. Cyrus and that he will continue to go to Ms. Cyrus' residence until Ms. Cyrus accepts him or he dies." According to ABCnews, Detective Rosibel Smith wrote in a sworn statement, that Devon Meek told officers that if he couldn't meet Miley Cyrus, then they should just shoot him in the head. Meanwhile, Miley Cyrus did not file any declaration to the said statement.
Miley Cyrus' restraining order was granted on Friday by a Los Angeles judge. The restraining order requires Devon Meek to stay 100 yards away from the singer at all times. According to Time, a hearing scheduled for June 16, will determine whether the restraining order will be extended for three more years.
Below, Twitter fans respond to the news.
@TIME can I get a restraining order on her deranged performances?
— Ben Harrex (@Bench33) May 24, 2014
RT"@TIME: Miley Cyrus gets restraining order against deranged fan http://t.co/GN0Rejmafw” So Miley can't get within 100m from the fan? — Ismael Kherroubi (@iSmaelKG) May 24, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features