‘The Young and the Restless’ (Y&R) MAJOR Casting Spoilers: David Tom and Michelle Stafford Quit; Billy Abbott, Phyllis Get New Replacements—Details
By jaskiran kaur | May 26, 2014 12:56 PM EST
More major cast switches are on its way in "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R). A new report reveals that after Billy Miller, David Tom has also decided to abandon the role of Billy Abbott and it will now be taken over by a new actor. In addition to that, a veteran daytime soap opera actress has joined the cast as Phyllis, the character formerly played by Michelle Stafford. Keep reading to find out more details and casting spoilers from "The Young and the Restless." Also, find out replaces these actors.
Earlier this year, actor Billy Miller's replacement was recast for the role of Billy Abbott. The actor who reprised his role was David Tom. Billy Miller's departure came along with another fan-favourite actor Michael Muhney, who portrayed the role of Adam Newman. The news left fans shocked and outraged.
Just after few months, another major cast shakeup is in the making. David Tom has been replaced. The role of well-loved character of Genoa City and member of Abbott family will now be played by Burgess Jenkins, according to Daytime Confidential.
Billy Miller exited the show due to some behind-the-scenes tension. David made a comeback to the role he played in 1999 to 2002 and won an Emmy Award for the same. He replaced Billy Miller in January 2014 and the cast switch was followed by protest from Billy Miller's fans. Now, after three and a half months, David Tom has decided to let go off the role. According to Daytime Confidential, he has announced his departure because "'The Young and the Restless' is going in a different direction" with his character. The actor is set to debut in late June episodes of "Y&R."
Burgess Jenkins is known for his roles in TV shows "Nashville," "One Tree Hill" and "Army Wives." His other notable works include movies like "Remember the Titans," "The Reaping" and "Wesley."
Meanwhile, fans know that Phyllis Summers' role is not yet over. There is an intriguing storyline in store for the character formerly portrayed by Michelle Stafford. Michelle has now moved on to another popular daytime Soap Opera "General Hospital" abandoning the role she played for several years. Taking over her role is seasoned daytime soap opera actress Gina Tognoni, reports TV Guide. The report notes that she has won the role after delivering a "flawless" audition.
Gina Tognoni is known for roles in "One Life to Live" and "Guiding Light." She will appear as Phyllis Summers in "late summer" episodes of "The Young and the Restless," when her character awakens from coma.
CBS' long-running, Emmy Award winning daytime soap opera "The Young and the Restless" has undergone major cast changes in past six months. Besides David Tom and Michelle Stafford, the actors who have recently exited or have been replaced in "Y&R" include Billy Miller, Michael Muhney, Cynthia Watros, Elizabeth Hendrickson and more. What do you think? Are you excited to see Gina Tognoni and Burgess Jenkins portraying Phyllis and Billy Abbott?
For more spoilers and updates on "The Young and the Restless," read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia